SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lockhart smears SwiftVets
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Lockhart smears SwiftVets Reply with quote

The group behind the television ads, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, has been "demonstrated as pathological liars," said Joe Lockhart, a senior adviser to Kerry.

"Their integrity, their veracity has been impeached repeatedly, and this campaign is not going to be decided by a bunch of right-wing kooks who are working with the White House," he said. The Bush team has denied any connection with the Swift Boat organization.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=6149511

note: Topic edited...we don't billboard Kerry smears
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Lockhart is a demon, he will bring our Swiftees a lot of grief. It is gonna get real nasty from here to Nov 2.
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Swift Vets are "pathological liars" Reply with quote

mtpNY wrote:
The group behind the television ads, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, has been "demonstrated as pathological liars," said Joe Lockhart, a senior adviser to Kerry.

"Their integrity, their veracity has been impeached repeatedly, and this campaign is not going to be decided by a bunch of right-wing kooks who are working with the White House," he said. The Bush team has denied any connection with the Swift Boat organization.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=6149511

But of course, Lockhart has no problem with a left-wing kook running for the highest office in the land, eh? He has no problem with a traitorous piece of crap commanding our troops, eh?
rjas77
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Swift Vets are "pathological liars" Reply with quote

mtpNY wrote:

Uhmm I think Joe Lockhart has the Swiftvets mixed up with Sen. Kerry
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockhart was Clinton's press secretary during the impeachment trials, so he's used to lying on behalf of his clients. He's damaged goods and every time he opens his mouth he's going to doom Kerry's campaign that much more. Dems just don't understand that the tactics which served them so well with Bubba simply don't play well anymore--the public is much savvier these days.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: no it is not Reply with quote

I am so happy. Smile

One of my best friends that is a calif. Lib,
called and said over all she is sick of Kerrys bellyaching. Very Happy
He is not talking about anything. Wink
And she will NOT vote for him.
Halaluja!
I only have one more to go.!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: ...Pathological... Reply with quote

Joe Lockhart wrote:
...Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, has been "demonstrated as pathological liars,"...

Pathological generally means caused by disease and it's just too much of a coincidence that all 250 Swiftees are ill at the same time. We all know who is sick here. And it's not the veterans. They're just outraged. The sick one is Kerry and his egomaniacal drive to the White House. I wonder if his sickness knows any bounds. I wonder if there is anything at all that he would NOT do to achieve his desired end. The Swiftees merely want to stop this sick individual before he does more damage. I wonder if Joe's sick too.
Tad Belknap
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ....great tactic by the wannabe commander in chief....keep bringing up the topic that has been his greatest weakness and caused him the greatest harm in recent popularity..... Laughing brilliant.... Laughing
this is turning into another Vietnam......oh wait.... Wink
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second, here. Exactly *which* boat was Lockhart on? I don't see his name on any of the rosters of those who were even in the country. What happened to the "If you weren't in the boat, you can't say squat" theory?

He says the veracity of Swifts claims has been impeached repeatedly? Although I can't deny his intimate experience with impeachment, the veracity of the Christmas in Cambodia claim was impeached? The fact that Kerry tried to steal the valor of Lt Peck was impeached? The fact that the first Purple Heart was awarded even without the requisite combat action was impeached? The DD-214 with a Silver Star medal with a non-existent Combat V was impeached? The multiple citations with embellished and amplified (dare I say "fabricated"?) accounts was impeached?

And there is absolutely NO connection, no matter how strained the linkages, tying the SBVT to any candidate or campaign. None, zip, zero, nada.

As for integrity, I sincerely doubt a Clinton apologist knows the definition of the word.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
RickInDallas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Swifties could sue Lockhart for slander.

Lockhart would have to prove that the Swifties are 'pathological liars' and he'd have to produce Kerry's records or retract?

Just a thought.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's gotta be a point where the public gets irate at someone going after so many highly decorated vets just expressing their freedom of speech(something they paid dearly to do).
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Guess we should help elect JFK so we can finally learn the whole truth!

Excerpt:

Quote:

Kerry Vows to Tell Truth as President, By Patricia Wilson

NEWARK, Ohio (Reuters) - Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) on Friday dismissed the Republican convention as "bitter and insulting" and promised to be a U.S. president who would tell Americans the truth.

. . . "Not gonna do it, not gonna happen," Kerry said. "I will not have my commitment to defending this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they had a chance and I will not have it questioned by those who misled this nation into war in Iraq (news - web sites)."
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Swift Vets are "pathological liars" Reply with quote

mtpNY wrote:

Just saying it, Joe, don't make it so. Evil or Very Mad

Not one lie has been pinned on Swiftvets. Very Happy

It's the old tried an true liberal tactic...repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. Any journalists worthy of the name could just say "Really? What did they lie about?"

Anybody want to place any odds on that one? Wink
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
...Exactly *which* boat was Lockhart on?...

Uh, maybe it was the Love Boat, and uh, it was on a secret mission.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine being in one room with 254 pathological liars?
whooo!

If this were the case the book "Unit for Command" would have been
a real wild book!

It is just Kerry's group trying to find some way to get the voters thinking
away from the fact that Kerry is one.

So, Swiftvet guys, you be real careful about all that lying you are up to,
remember the honest, likable Kerry may come after you! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: