SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to speak tonight right after Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We know precisely how long his tours were. The USS Gridley spent 4 months on a WestPac deployment (February to June of 1968), of which almost precisely 7 weeks were spent in waters contiguous to Vietnam.

the swifties have brought that fact out. a fact i didn't know until i found this place. i don't think john Q is aware of it yet.

if he could be confronted publicly and had to clarify just exactly how long those "tours" were, that would make quite an impression. imo
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry said, " I will not have someone call into queston my ability to lead this nation!"

Who does he think he is talking to? His butler?
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, you better get used to it because we're going to call into queston your ability to lead this nation every day for 60 days. Got it? All of us. Every day.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator kerry:

You wanted a sensitive war on Terrorism. You wanted to retreat from the extreme islamists who are threatening western civilization and seeking the destruction of innocent people. Your history in politics reveals that you are nothing but a coward, a traitor who had once consulted with the enemies while your fellow soldiers died on the battlefields. You had retreated from the communist in the 70s, and for that, you are embraced by them as their hero. Within the confines of your elitist liberal universe, you have forgotten the tragedy that happened on September 11 and the devastation it brought to so many lives. To you, that was nothing more than a passing thought. Today people witnessed the horrible ordeal in the Russian schoolyard, where hundreds of innocent children were slaughtered by muslim fanatics who showed absolutely no mercy or compassion. There was also no mercy or compassion in those planes that crashed in the buildings on 9/11. You do not understand their hatred for freedom and decency, Mr. kerry. You cannot protect our own children through your rhetorics, through your dovish appeasement of your enemies. While the president denounced this despicable act of terrorism and backed his own words with actions, you instead decided to have an idiotic display of drunken bravado last night. After such idiocy, how can anybody still have faith in your ability to protect our children from harms way?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040903/ids_photos_wl/r3915888142.jpg
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's tours Reply with quote

Bob Chamberlain wrote:
We know precisely how long his tours were. The USS Gridley spent 4 months on a WestPac deployment (February to June of 1968), of which almost precisely 7 weeks were spent in waters contiguous to Vietnam.

Kerry was assigned to Coastal Squadron One (Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam) for a 12 month tour of duty. Kerry arrived in country on November 17, 1969. He bugged out on March 20, 1969, having completed 4 months and 3 days of service.

There is room for error of a day or two on the date of leaving Vietnam. He might actually have left as late as the 24th. Other than that, these dates are well documented.

I have been using "5 weeks" but would prefer to be as accurate as possible and would appreciate the source or the derivation of the 7 week figure you use.

NOTE: I am NOT arguing; I wish to use accurate figures.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Gridley Dates Reply with quote

My dates are based on a post made by Cipher in the thread "And Yet Another.......Misstatement?" in the main forum. This may or may not be reachable via the following link:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5323

Anyway, the post is quoted below. I was never able to find this OPNAVNOTE anywhere and Cipher didn't say where he got it from. But it seemed authoritative enough and reliable enough, so I have been using these dates. Presumably the captain and navigator of the Gridley determined when they were within the boundaries defined for the VSM and reported them to the Navy. I would prefer to have an original copy of the OPNAVNOTE in my hands, but I will trust that Cipher has seen one and has not "fudged" the numbers.

"According to OPNAVNOTE 1650 (Unit Awards and Citations Master List), USS GRIDLEY (DLG 21) is credited with the Vietnam Service Medal for the period 16-Mar-1968 to 29-Mar-1968 and 03-Apr-1968 to 07-May-1968.

The Gridley did NOT receive any Battle Stars for Vietnam service."

No offense taken and I do not consider the question to be argumentative. I think we should all question and dig to make sure whatever we say is as accurate as possible. And if you have reason to believe that my interpretation is in any way incorrect, please jump in and correct me.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noc wrote:
Every time I hear Kerry say the word "Unfit", I hear that little soumnd of a cash register ringing.

Cha-Ching. Another copy of Unfit for Command sells. Very Happy

His oompulsive behavior driven by his narcissism "makes him" use the term. Because it draws the attention back to "him". Reminding us he is important enough for someone else to write a book about him. With no thought about the consequences of that reminder.

He's a whack job...
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the next 60 days this stupid tactic is gonna get OLD REAL FAST, Senator Kerry.

"Here is Senator Kerry's 20 year voting record in the issues of national defense and intelligence."

Kerry's response:

"HOW DARE YOU! I WILL N-O-T STAND HERE AND LET SOMEBODY QUESTION MY FITNESS TO LEAD THIS COUNTRY! QUESTION MY PATRIOTISM, HUH? WHAT WERE YOU DOING 30 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS WINNING ALL THOSE MEDALS IN VIETNAM!!"

"Senator Kerry voted for the war and then voted against funding for the troops."

"WHAT A SLIMY PERSONAL ATTACK! I SERVED THIS COUNTRY IN VIETNAM WITH HONOR AND I AM NOT GOING TO STAND FOR THIS!"

"Senator Kerry submitted the Kerry amendment, which sought to cut intelligence spending by over 7 billion dollars. He also did not show up for over 70% of the meetings of the Senate Intelligence committe."

"HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY PATRIOTISM! I FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY AND SHED MY BLOOD FOR IT! MY OPPONENTS ARE DETERMINED TO MAKE THIS THE MOST NEGATIVE CAMPAIGN IN AMERICAN HISTORY! WELL I WILL NOT RELENT IN THE FACE OF THEIR RELENTLESS ATTACKS ON MY RECORD...ER, AH, I MEAN MY PATRIOTISM AND MY FITNESS TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF!"

"Senator Kerry's service in Vietnam was honorable and he should be proud of it."

"HOW DARE YOU....UH......BRING UP STUFF THAT HAPPENED OVER 30 YEARS AGO? WE NEED TO GET BACK TO THE REAL ISSUES THAT MATTER TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND STOP TALKING ABOUT ALL THIS VIETNAM STUFF THAT MY OPPONENTS STARTED IN ORDER TO DISTRACT THE COUNTRY FROM THEIR TERRIBLE RECORD!!!!

"Senator Kerry is invited to join us in condeming ALL the 527 groups."

"NO, NO, I CAN'T CONDEMN MOVE ON.ORG OR THE 527'S THAT SUPPORT ME!! I AM LOSING MY PATIENCE WITH THESE EXTREMIST RIGHT WINGERS! YOU GUYS DIDN'T HAVE THE GUTS TO SERVE IN VIETNAM LIKE I DID! YOU WANT TO CHALLENG" MY WAR RECORD? WANNA COMPARE THEM? BRING IT ON!

"Didn't Senator Kerry just say he wanted to move on from Vietnam and talk about the issues like the War on Terror, the economy, etc?"

"AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! THAT'S IT!!! I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF COWARDS THAT DIDN'T HAVE THE NERVE TO SERVE IN VIETNAM LIKE I DID! I HAVE MORE MEDALS THAN YOU!!! HOW CAN I POSSIBLY BE LOSING TO THESE IDIOTS!!!!

On november 2, Senator John Kerry will retire from public life, and will spend the rest of his days claiming he lost an election because the President 'attacked his patriotism' and somehow this entire campaign kept 'going back to Vietnam' despite Kerry's insistence that it stay in the present and focus on the 'real issues'.

Max Cleland will be there to give Sen. Kerry pointers.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Gridley Dates Reply with quote

Bob Chamberlain wrote:
I was never able to find this OPNAVNOTE anywhere and Cipher didn't say where he got it from. But it seemed authoritative enough and reliable enough, so I have been using these dates.
<snip
"According to OPNAVNOTE 1650 (Unit Awards and Citations Master List), USS GRIDLEY (DLG 21) is credited with the Vietnam Service Medal for the period 16-Mar-1968 to 29-Mar-1968 and 03-Apr-1968 to 07-May-1968.

The Gridley did NOT receive any Battle Stars for Vietnam service."

here ya go..
http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/o1650.htm
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: OPNAVNOTE Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I have added the file to my collection of "evidence". You know, this is really great. So many people have a piece of the puzzle. We talk about them, post the pieces - and pretty soon everybody has the entire picture. More than anything, I think this use of the Internet is where Kerry miscalculated. I think he figured (if he thought at all - it may just be an ego trip - isn't that a great recommendation for CIC??) that nobody would really remember or would have the documents needed to prove anything or have the ability to communicate and coordinate. Wrong!! Thanks to the Swift Vets.

Thanks again.

Bob
nexialist
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was watching him whine;

"I willl not stand here and let somebody question my fitness to lead this country......"

He reminded us once again that his whole platform is: I'm a war hero, and I'm NOT Geroge W Bush.

What an arrogant bastard, what a whiner, what a small man, what a stupid platform.

We should not let up an inch though....keep the heat on....the man deserves nothing less.

Dan
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think he's given us the key in defeating him, or rather letting him defeat himself. He said he will not allow his patriotism to be questioned, and he simply cannot ignore it when he perceives that it is. And every time he perceives that it is, he goes back to his Vietnam record (pathologically, I agree).

So what if he continues to be irked by people questioning his service? He may never get around to talking about anything else, which would sink him for sure.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: OPNAVNOTE Reply with quote

Bob Chamberlain wrote:
Thank you very much. I have added the file to my collection of "evidence". You know, this is really great. So many people have a piece of the puzzle. We talk about them, post the pieces - and pretty soon everybody has the entire picture. More than anything, I think this use of the Internet is where Kerry miscalculated. I think he figured (if he thought at all - it may just be an ego trip - isn't that a great recommendation for CIC??) that nobody would really remember or would have the documents needed to prove anything or have the ability to communicate and coordinate. Wrong!! Thanks to the Swift Vets.

Thanks again.

Bob

First, thank you for understanding the motivation of my question.

Second, the links seems broken, would you please send me a copy of: http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/o1650.htm

To: [url]mailto:HerbM@LearnQuick.Com[/url]

Also: I quoted your excellent summary of service (with quote credit) over in the Resources and Research forum (in answer to a similar question about "two tours.")

The other thread you referenced seems to indicate that Kerry is "just inside Vietnamese waters" at the death of MLK.
Discussion "cipher"
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5323
rua
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch the actual speech, can't stand the sight of the man, let alone the sound of his voice, but I have been reading blogs to keep up and stumbled across the following:

http://politicalities.typepad.com/politicalities/2004/09/disaster_at_mid.html

Nice photo Opp for him Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: