SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sen. Zell Miller - Comment here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowy251
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed Zell Millers speech. It was the first time I heard John Kerrys Senate record. At least some of it. Very Happy
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loud roaring we heard was the te sound of all the wind rushing at gale fouce out fo the Kerry balloon.
Before Miller's speach, Kerry might have hoped to get within stealing distance. Not any more.
Thanks to the Swiftees and Zell Miller, this election is going to be a blowout of Dukakisian dimensions.

Than you, Zell; thank you twice over, Swiftees.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
susanlprince
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fired up listening to Zell...but....

There's always a but....

http://miller.senate.gov/speeches/030101jjdinner.htm

does raise questions. Then again, it was pre 911 and that changed a lot of people's thinking on a lot of things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Tom Daschle Reply with quote

Tom Daschle is behind THUNE in the pools. Time to open your wallet to
get rid of Daschle. It is a doable deal. All it takes is some finacial help. Be sure to send money to The swiftvets. Till next time, I am on America's side. Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan, as Zell explained, he supported many Democrat candidates, until he was appointed to the Senate and got there and saw the depth of liberalism going on. Even as a Democrat, he's from the Old South and very much a Conservative.

Besides, if it's so acceptable for Kerry to "grow" and see things differently, defined as flip-flop, why not Zell Miller also?

Miller is tough and can deflect any criticism coming his way. He expects it.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9-11 changed some people's ideology. I'm one. For all I know, Zell could be another.

I'm curious to see how many voters 9-11 has changed...we'll see in November. I hope the Dems overcome their tinfoil hat brigade (Moore-Dean-Gore) when this is all over.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

susanlprince wrote:

http://miller.senate.gov/speeches/030101jjdinner.htm

does raise questions. Then again, it was pre 911 and that changed a lot of people's thinking on a lot of things.

You miss the point. It wasn't so much pre-911, it was pre-Swift Vets. No one knew.

I am glad to see that McAwful is full of rage at Zell. The nightmare for the Bush Campaign is if McAwful comes around or get pushed out before OCT, and somebody invited Zell to run. All Bush could say is that he himself is giddy, or 'cheerful', and that Zell is somber. I doubt that would be enough.
susanlprince
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"John has worked to strengthen our military"

was in Zell's speech in 03/01 yet it is Kerry's voting record on military spending that is now in question. Has he supported an strengthened the military or no?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zell Miller has said that he introduced JFK based on the bio information that was provided to him. After his speech at the GOP convention, he walked around with two pages, front and back, of Kerry's voting record. Zell had all his ducks in a row and had references to back up everything he said about Kerry because he knew the media and Kerry Kamp would be coming at him. Zell made it quite clear that he had done his homework, and, based on that info, NO, Kerry did NOT strengthen and support the military.

Zell is a 72-year-old man who has seen the light. Anybody doing a little homework can size JFK up for what he is. Zell Miller has more character and integrity than JFK will ever have, and he knows that the future of our country depends on this election.

A lot of things don't matter anymore when there are creatures out there who want to kill US just because we are US! This country is in peril, and it's no time to have a wishy-washy flip-flopper, who makes up his own truth, in the White House.

Wake up World, and don't forget September 11.

Last edited by arymann on Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
DiogenesII
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Miller's Speech Reply with quote

(Deleted by Moderator)

Moderator Note:

This forum was designed to facilitate the discussion of the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth strong conviction that John Kerry is unfit to serve as Commander-In-Chief.

If your defense of John Kerry can only be couched in rhetoric denigrating the fitness of another candidate or within issues unrelated to our conviction, then we suggest that you find another venue for that expression.

Thank you
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

debewley wrote:

Zell Miller was correct in his assessment. Unfortunately, those who most need to hear his words are also the ones who will least likely listen.

I don't know about that. I personally know three people who were undecided but leaning towards Kerry who now say that they are going to vote for Bush because of Zell Miller's speech.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowy251 wrote:
I really enjoyed Zell Millers speech. It was the first time I heard John Kerrys Senate record. At least some of it. Very Happy

We need more emphasis on how Kerry's senate voting for twenty years has been anti-military and anti-Vets. Miller's highlighting this with his bulletpoint list was quite effective.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're on the wrong site DiogenesII. Please go somewhere where you will be appreciated.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perimeter Clear
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFK has survived all this time by getting people to ASSUME he is a good guy and to not give him any real scrutiny, because he is a vet with 5 medals.

For years, we have given him automatic credit because of his medals. There must have been some heroism in there somewhere, right? (was our thinking) Maybe someone could ding 1 of his medals but surely not all.

It is a huge shock to read "Unfit for Command" and realize that yes, ALL of JFK's medals were flawed or questionable in some way. JFK has been clever. Only extreme scrutiny - the kind you don't do until someone is going to be President - could expose him.

Even then, we barely made it. If Mr. O'Neill and Adm. Hoffman were not around to put all of the info together, we'd be screwed - JFK would still be what he is (an empty, possibly unbalanced man), but he'd be running without having been exposed. A big leg up.

The general "credit" that most of us gave JFK because of his medals also kept a lot of us from scrutinizing his Defense voting record. Some folks were more alert here all along, but for many of us - how could JFK's criticisms of (or votes against) military spending not be valid on some level, since the guy has 5 medals and "must" be pro-American?

Now, if you picture Zell Miller in early 2001, or anyone else in the Senate for that matter: They're in the same party together (both Democrats)...and courtesy among politicians and giving each other credit is the rule...especially when they are in the same party and both seem to be genuinely pro-American. Kerry's medals providing cover for him again. Miller was, frankly, deceived.

Only in 2004 have we put together all of the details -- the War on Terror needing a strong defense, the many serious discrepancies in the eyewitness testimony around Kerry's medals, Kerry's consistent anti-Defense votes over the years and other positions helpful to Communists, Kerry's horrible slanders of Vietnam veterans in 1971 (which I did not know about until this year) -- to recognize Kerry for what he is: an empty man who creates fables about himself, deeply offends military people (and never apologizes), and has awful judgment on defense & foreign policy.

Some would also add that he is anti-American in his deepest instincts - but mainstream politicians still can't say that part, at least not without getting nailed by the MSM. Even Zell still says "I question his judgment, not his patriotism".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: