SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al French and Scorched Earth Politics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Man's Best Friend Reply with quote

Old Dude wrote:
Read this:
http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/metro_south_news/1093694556175740.xml?oregonian?yscap

I've read the article and want to e-mail the author as follows:

Mr. Parker:

I read your article and appreciate your lamenting the downfall of Mr. French's career, even though you don't agree with his politics.

But there's a point here that I think I'm missing.

Your article implicates that he was suspended for having lied about an affair, said lie having been stated 10 years previously. If that is truly the reason for his suspension, then why is his Swift Boat Vet affidavit coming into the picture?

Absent the Swift Boat issue, the "newsworthiness" of this issue I would believe would be the fact that each and every one of us faces losing his or her job when and if one's employer finds that he or she told an untruth. (I won't even touch the disingenuousness of this position given the fact that our former Commander in Chief perpetuated an identical lie under oath -- which should have made his prevarication that much more nefarious -- for which he was not held accountable.) So employees beware -- lying to the boss will cost you your job (as perhaps it should) even when the lie was ten years ago and in the ensuing ten years your performance has been exemplary.

Throwing the Swift Boat Vet issue into the story, however, suggests something that I and many others believe to be true -- that his discharge has less to do with his lie and more to do with his his criticism of John Kerry, a very unpopular thing to do in Clackamas County. If that is the case, then that certainly would make the issue newsworthy. Employees beware -- speaking your mind on an issue about which you are passionate but which is unpopular will make your entire history subject to scrutiny and, when your opposers find you lied, then you lose your job and no longer have any credibility.

Fine. But then what happens to Mr. Kerry? Mr. Kerry has now admitted (begrudgingly) of several lies -- not just "puffing" but outright lies -- concerning his service in Vietnam and thereafter. Simple example -- his presence (or lack thereof) in Cambodia in 1968. So why is he not being treated similarly by those in your area? I just don't understand.

Nevertheless, I do appreicate your pointing out that Mr. French's demise is not something to be celebrated. There are plenty of good men who, on occasion, do bad things just as there are plenty of bad men who, on occasion, do good things. I wish there were a simple means of putting it all into perspective.

Thanks for listening,
Kathy Kay

P.S. I'm leaving shortly for Baton Rouge to watch your Beavers play my Tigers. Good luck!

Swifties -- am I correct as stated above that Kerry has admitted he wasn't in Cambodia? If not, could someone give me another lie to which he has now admitted that could be inserted in its place? I don't want to send this and be factually inaccurate.

Thanks
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

I would say, "Mr Kerry's Campaign Spokesmen have admitted", after all Kerry hasn't met the press to answer questions since 04 August 04.
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Kathy,

I would say, "Mr Kerry's Campaign Spokesmen have admitted", after all Kerry hasn't met the press to answer questions since 04 August 04.

Very good -- thanks. The e-mail is gone.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Al French Reply with quote

Does anyone have an update as to where the Al French matter is? Is he sill on suspension or has he been fired from his position from the DA's office? Everyone knows the 10 year old affair and or lie has nothing to do with this. Its because he spoke the truth about John Kerry. By the way Kerry's campaign has not only said he was not in Cambodia Christmas Eve, they have also said 1st P/H may have been self inflected, and that his "no man left behind" statement at the convention was not true. That the other 3 boats stayed while Kerry's boat left. Do we see the doubled Dem standard here. Don't do as we do do as we say, and they will do and say anything to win this election.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: