SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Problem w/ John Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMCDoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: My Problem w/ John Kerry Reply with quote

What is this guy Audie Murphy? I served in Desert Storm 3/25th Marines with guys who had done 3 tours in Viet Nam in tunnels and as 0311 infantry and not one of them had as many medals as a field grunt as Sen. Kerry got in 4 months. I had the honor to meet and spend sometime with a man who earned the Navy Cross - the highest medal earner I have ever met. He earned his medal by crawling out from foxhole to foxhole in heavy night time enemy fire treating wounded as he himself was shot. He threw out at least 2 live grenades back at the enemy when they where tossed into the foxholes of men he was treating. When the Officer in charge was wounded he grabbed the officers 45 as well as his own and pursued an enemy platoon armed only with 2 pistols and drove them back so he, wounded himself, could continue to save Marines' lives. This Navy Cross winner didn't earn that many medals in a full tour let alone 4 months. Something does not sit right with me.
My other problem is that Sen. Kerry does not seem to have any strong agenda lots of promises but NO realistic plan of action - he is just pandering to the vast majority of citizens who truly do not comprehend macroeconomics and geo-politics.
Yet another problem I have with Kerry is that we don't know who his cabinent will be - will they really be qualified to hold the positions appointed? I am pretty darn comfortable with Colin Powell and C. Rice helping to run this country. Their backgrounds and credentials are more than merely impressive. Just for fun do a side-by-side comparison of the Janene Garafalo/Sean Penn/Micheal Moore crowds educational and political background vs. the current administrations. Do you really want to take advice or steer the political waters of this country on the whims and opinions of people who didn't even make it through high school or college? Who is Kerry going to appoint to administer his administration. As all vets know, lack of leadership will cause failure no matter how determined one is. Semper Fi - God, Country Corps
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "illusions of grandeur" .

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: club kerry Reply with quote

Some interesting thoughts, but Im sure mike moore would be the white house photographer and teddy would serve as senior advisor.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

And Jeanine Garofalo can play Lewinsky. If you put a bag over her head.
Viator
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entered the U.S. Navy in August 1972 and retired shortly after Desert Storm. In all my time in the service, I never met anyone that earned three purple hearts, much less earned them in four months. I am still puzzled by this, especially since I don't see Kerry with any missing parts or limps, etc. I've know many Marines with far more serious wounds from combat and NEVER received a purple heart although I'm sure they get one if they wanted it.

My biggest problem with Kerry is what he did AFTER he came back home. His testimony was a disgrace. Crying or Very sad
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Yeah Reply with quote

lucky wrote:

NO NO lucky, If her bag fell off. Kerry would ask for a fourth Purple Heart. Laughing
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Yeah Reply with quote

lucky wrote:

NO NO lucky, If her bag fell off. Kerry would ask for a fourth Purple Heart. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: