SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russian school masacre.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Russian school masacre. Reply with quote

As a child of the cold war it blows my mind to say this, but I will be going out today to purchase a Russian flag to fly outside of my house.

Russia grieved with us on 9/11 and I think that we should do the same in return.

The extreme barbarity of these filthy dogs sickens me.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thought, but the majority of people in this country do not understand the evil we and russia faces and as such not sure as to whether it is a good idea. Because Russia allows for Christians to practice their religion freely they are now a major target to terrorists. Don't believe the MSM when they say these are seperatist Chechen rebels. They are fanatical Muslim animals. Any and all Christian nations are targets as shown by recent attacks on Rwanda, Sudan, Spain, Russia, Nigeria, and the U.S.. Even though the Muslim religion is one of peace and love as our political leaders have re-assured us there is a fanatical portion of these loving peaceful animals which intend to kill all Christians. And since the MSM in America and Europe sides with these evil Muslims I am afraid the majority of the citizens of this country will continue to be ignorant as to the evil we face. As for the Russian flag not enough years have passed for us to show respect for their symbols. A lot of Americans have died for our flag to defeat the once meaning of theirs.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing about how the Muslim religion is about peace and love - but every time I look up, there is a Muslim killing kids in the name of Islam. It can be whatever it is, but I think actions speak much louder than words.

Whomever committed these acts in Russia isn't that smart. Putin's going to have whatever is left of the Russian Army rolling across the border in no time, and the world will be cheering him on. Then again - maybe whomever did this will be happy about that. Don't really know - but it is sad and as a father of two, my heart goes out to those parents.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putin's Reponse... A lesson for us all
SkyNews.

WE SHOWED WEAKNESS'
Russia's President Vladimir Putin has said his country had shown weakness in the face of danger and most now respond to the threat of terrorism.

"We did not understand the complexity and the danger of the process which was emerging in our country and in the entire world," Putin said of the school hostage crisis in which at least 322 people are now known to have died.

"We did not know how to react in the appropriate fashion. We have showed weakness in the face of danger and the weak get beaten up," he said.

Officials in North Ossetia say 155 children were among the dead in Breslan, as well as parents, school teachers and Russian special forces soldiers.

Should Kerry's more sensitive war on terror be tried?
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the Russian state awaken? My fear is that they will be restrained since they're trying so hard to fit in with the European norms. In one article I read, I got the impression that some of the citizens are planning on "getting some". Might be what's required when one's government is not willing to take care of business.

I fondly recall how the old Soviet Union handled their hostage in Lebanon. It wasn't pretty or "civilized", but it got the job done.
________
Medical marijuana states

Last edited by m_drummond on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russia is waking up.

Russia is connecting this attack to international terrorism.

A Bold Prediction

There will be Russian troops in Iraq supporting the US after the November Elections
IF George W. Bush wins.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice how they play this story down in our press. They don't want to admit we are at war with fundamental Islam. If they did they know it would help Bush win. The MSM is the enemy.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travel to Russia annually with aviation & military history groups, and by now I have quite a few friends there. The series of attacks over the last week hit me personally. Each blow a bit harder than the one before. The Rizhskaya Metro Station which was bombed in Moscow is one of the stations I use when I'm in town.
And the attack on the school was a new low, even by terrorist standards. I am still not jsut saddened but devastated. And I want Chechen blood, lots of it. I only hope that Putin will show some traditional behaviour, and that our government will be understanding this time, and not scold him about humanitarianism. For years I have been preaching that both Russia and America need to put the cold war behind us and cooperate against our common foes of the future. Most of the old veterans and the new young men I know agree with me wholeheartedly. But there are those at the secondary levels of government - in the Foreign and Defense Ministries, who still would like to regain their prestige by giving back a bit of humiliation to the old cold war foe. And of course we have some people in our government (including some personal friends) who still have the "Once a Russian always a Soviet" attitude. Thank God Bush and Putin are both personaly bigger than that, but neither man has dictatorial control over all his subordinates.
And there is one more factor. "Its all about oil" doesn't apply to America. But oil is Russia's big money-maker, and since the price of crude has gone up, Russia has been pulling in the rubles hand over fist. They'eve even begun to start buying tanks and airplanes again after about a 12 year fallow spell. Bush and Cheney do not benefit from turmoil that keeps the oil prices high. Russia does.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Drudge 9/5/04 there is a link to: Cleric supports targeting children
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of his vile comments:
In an interview with The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Mohammed said: "If an Iraqi Muslim carried out an attack like that in Britain, it would be justified because Britain has carried out acts of terrorism in Iraq.

"As long as the Iraqi did not deliberately kill women and children, and they were killed in the crossfire, that would be okay."

Had this happened in the US, Kerry would go to the UN to ask
France and others to agree to a "sensitive" response.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cleric also said,

"The Mujahideen (Chechen rebels) would not have wanted to kill those people, because it is strictly forbidden as a Muslin to deliberately kill women and children. It is the fault of the Russians."

How would Mr. UN (Kerry) respond?
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I share all the feelings of my fellow posters on this issue. But I am having a big problem with the way the Chet terrs are freely roaming the Russian countryside and doing what they please. Where the heck is Russian security and intel? Are they so far behind the modernized world in inserting informants & spys that they seem to be a step behind the terrs?
I am also disturbed by watching the film of their security forces and army roaming around the school site like a bunch of ragamuffins that appear very disorganized. Some in uniform, half uniforms, no helmets and no two soldiers dressed alike.
Perhaps they need assistance in organizing an effective counter terroist force?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the extremist "excuses" for murdering children:

An AP story about the butchery of children in Russia was ended gratuitously and egregiously with glowing apologism for the Palestinian method of baby killing:

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/nation/9578166.htm

... Palestinian extremist groups are unlikely to follow the Russian attackers' lead and take schoolchildren hostage, Rashwan said, because it could detract from their aim to be seen as "resistance fighters, not terrorists." The Koran admonishes the followers of Islam that not even the children of infidels should be killed. The Palestinian extremist group Hamas contends its policy is not to target children, although it justifies attacks on civilians to avenge what it says are Israeli army attacks on ordinary citizens.

Abu Mahmoud, a spokesman for the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade in the West Bank, said the group was "shocked by what we see on television" about the Russian school standoff. "We would never agree to such a thing," he said. "...When there is an explosion and children are killed, we are sorry for this because this was a mistake, not on purpose."

So, setting off bombs in Pizza Parlors or buses is OK, since any children butchered in this manner were by mistake, and the Palestinians feel sorry about it.

Intentions are everything ...

This is EVIL Evil or Very Mad

-- FDL
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good book on Islamic Terrorism is the book Islam and Terrorism by Mark Gabriel. He looks at it from a Christian perspective (so if you don't like christian books try something else) but the author was a professor at an Egyptian University who knew many terrorists while in college and teaching. He does very well explaining the Islamic texts and how some Muslims interpret them to mean they should attack not only Jews, Christians, Atheists and the like but also other Muslims that are not sufficiently rightous.

Of course since I have started reading Stolen Valor i begin to think, can I file an FOI request to find out if he really was a a University Prof.? That book really turns you into a cynic.
RichardP
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote an E-mail to the Russian Embassy.

russianembassy@mindspring.com

Quote:
My heart is breaking for you.

The pain of losing children to these madmen and practitioners of the religion of peace is killing me.

I am in tears, seeing the blood covered children, the grieving parents, the soldiers doing their best to help in a situation that could do nothing but cause pain.

Please know that the American people grieve with you, that we know what this feels like.

Please know that we will stand beside you, no matter what.

These animals have killed INNOCENT children.

Our hearts break with yours, we stand by your side in this time of heartbreak and terror and death.

Our Russian brothers and sisters, please know that we grieve as if they were our children.

We grieve with you, and feel your pain.

There is nothing that I can say that will make the pain less, or the grieving of these parents any easier.

Just please know, that our hearts break with yours, and that we will stand by your side as you, and we, go after the animals that have done this grievous harm to your children.

Sharing in your grief in this awful time,

Richard P and family
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States of America

Here is what I got back, he called me Mr. Harbor, which I found rather amusing, but I was amazed that he wrote me back at all.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Harbor,

On behalf of all Russian people I write to express my gratitude to you for
your feelings of compassion and sympathy for the tragic loss of life as a
result of a despicable terrorist act in Northern Osetia.

Your support is very much appreciated at this time of sorrow and trial for
my country.

Sincerely,

Yuri V. Ushakov
Ambassador of the Russian Federation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: