SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

While in Reserves, Kerry met with Communists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guammie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: While in Reserves, Kerry met with Communists Reply with quote

While in Reserves, Kerry met with Communists

My fellow veterans, the debate over whether John Kerry earned or deserved any medals or ribbons is for others. What is most concerning is his behavior while still an officer in the U.S. Naval Reserve. Let me try and put this in perspective.
According to publicly available records, Mr. Kerry was released from active duty and transferred to the Naval Reserve (inactive) in January 1970. In January 1972, he was transferred to the standby Reserve (inactive). While a commissioned officer in the inactive Naval Reserve, Mr. Kerry traveled to Paris, France, and met with official delegations from the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and the Provisional Revolutionary Government (the Viet Cong). The Vietnamese Communists eagerly met Mr. Kerry and benefited directly from the obvious propaganda victory.

These acts are clear violations of the legal prohibitions on individual citizens negotiating with foreign powers and the constitutional prohibition against giving support to our nation's enemies in wartime. Additionally, as a commissioned officer of the Naval Reserve, Mr. Kerry was subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice and likely violated it ("aiding the enemy") through his actions with the North Vietnamese/Viet Cong delegation.

Mr. Kerry returned from his private negotiations with the Vietnamese Communists to Washington, D.C., and held a news conference. At the press event, he advocated a Vietnamese Communist "peace proposal" calling for a U. S. withdrawal from Vietnam and payment of war damage reparations to the communist government. Mr. Kerry engaged in this advocacy on behalf of a foreign power with which we were at war while continuing to hold a commission as an officer in the U.S. Naval Reserve.

The record is clear on his testimony to the Senate on U.S. war crimes and his advocacy of the North Vietnamese position.

Again, the medal debate is for others, although I know of a lot of brave men who did much more and got no recognition for their bravery under fire.

James Laux, Lt. Colonel (Retired), U. S. Army, Buffalo

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/opinion/s_248296.html

I would like to see this as a commercial. No parsing of words, just declare him a traitor
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Concur Reply with quote

Concur. Same could be said for his ethics violation regarding the MIA issue and his cousins' company Collier International being awarded a $905 million dollar contract to N. Vietnam. The government and our politicians have proven incapable of policing these clear violations of law! Sign the petition that is going around! What does one call it when those in power fail to enforce the law?
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emailed this letter to everyone in my address book. Start spreading the word.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A traitor is exacly what he is, along with Jane Fonda.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe Paris is the next salvo
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

military still gets to use teh fun methods of death penalty don't they? Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: