SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

it's already started
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll get hammered for that statement in the long run. Lot's of ammo in it.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: It Already Started Reply with quote

Lets see during the Primaries he was against the war even though he voted for it. Two -three week ago said knowing what he knows now (no WMD's) he would have still voted for the war. "I voted for the 87 B before I voted against it" Today wrong war at wrong time. Does this man know where he stands on anything?

RHV
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only thing O'Reilley has said in the past couple weeks I agree with is his statement that when we vote in November, vote for the candidate the terrorists want deafeated. To that I would say since all our enemies would love Kerry in office vote for Bush.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: hannity & colmes Reply with quote

anybody watching right now couple guys from toledo saying murders were committed in veitnam, kerry lakeys
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see President Bush let the world know about the
flip-floping, reading from the very first one and say that Kerry is giving aid and comfort to the enemy as he did in 70. I know he cannot mention the 70, but he certainly can talk about Kerry's stupid comments now.

The left are going to hit the president and the vets with every dirty piece of scum they can dream up, change the meaning of something he says as we have already seen, or out and out lie about the Swiftvets which does not seem to bother them at all.

The liberals have to get rid of this group that is leading them to even
more angry and hate-filled talk of America and the president.
They started with the hate and can not seem to let go of it, it
has been taught to the people, it has hurt the country, and it will
not work. It will not work, the people of America are too smart for
that. Even the hardiest of left believers will finally get tired of the smearing
of their president whether they like him or not. Wink
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: All Ready Started Reply with quote

Reporters did say Murders were commited by Tigar Force which was a small Unit of about 18. Said they did not find large scale atrocities. Colmes did not like that since thay also said it did not support Kerry's words in 71.

RHV
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjg wrote:
I would like to see President Bush let the world know about the
flip-floping, reading from the very first one and say that Kerry is giving aid and comfort to the enemy as he did in 70. I know he cannot mention the 70, but he certainly can talk about Kerry's stupid comments now.

Don't worry he already did (not that it will get much coverage).

Quote:
Bush, headed for a Labor Day swing into the battleground state of Missouri, accused his rival of changing his position on Iraq after bringing in new advisers to boost his campaign.

"After voting for the war but against funding it, after saying he would have voted for the war even knowing everything we know today, my opponent woke up this morning with new campaign advisers and yet another new position. Suddenly he's against it again," Bush said in remarks prepared for delivery at a campaign rally in Poplar Bluff, Missouri.

Full article (read down towards the bottom, past the Kerry stuff):
http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/381249|top|09-06-2004::16:06|reuters.html
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'He called the president's talk about a coalition fighting alongside about
125,000 US troops "the phoniest thing I've ever heard." '

OK, that's IT! I've been cheering SwiftVets from the sidelines (otherwise known as 'lurking') for weeks now but did not want to intrude, but I cannot let this one pass.

Some background:
I was born after WWll and was in my mid-teens during the Vietnam war. Both my grandfathers died of injuries suffered in WWll, my grandmother served as an aircraft mechanic (yes, grandMOTHER), my dad was also in the air force but did not serve overseas. My contribution to the war effort was fundraising to send care packages to our troops in 'nam and giving concerts for those who were in mental health facilities on their return. Support for our troops is, in my view, an absolute, always!

The effect of what John Kerry did (his anti-war antics) was not limited to the USA. Our Australian servicemen and women were treated to the same vilification and unforgivable behaviour towards them as were their American colleagues. Our returning soldiers were denied the traditional 'welcome home' parade and the usual trimmings because of what John Kerry did.

Twenty years later that was redressed to some degree by the staging of 'thank-you' marches in capital and regional cities which I attended in Sydney. There was little cheering or waving, just applause, salutes, and the occasional 'good on ya mate'. What the crowd and the soldiers were feeling that day was underpinned by regret and sorrow but, to a man and woman - both marchers and crowds, the overwhelming, palpable feeling was of RESPECT!!!!! - the crowds' for the marchers and, at last, the marchers' for themselves.

So, we Aussies owe John Kerry big time and I'll support every effort to see that this debt is PAID IN FULL. After all, it's the honourable thing to do.

Here is the (sole, so far) result of my contribution towards getting the message out on this side of the pond:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10442421%255E25717,00.html

Thought you might also enjoy a good laugh at this one:
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=5&article_id=8119

Yanks and Aussies - allies yesterday, today and tommorrow!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Habits are hard to break, and Kerry is not creative.

Flip

34 years ago it was bring the troops home, no matter what.

Flop

This year, it's bring them home no matter what.

Flip

First it was within six months, and now it's four years.

Flop

First he was agaisnt it, then he would vote for it again, and now he is against it again.

Flop. Flop. Flop.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just see a group of terrorists sitting in a cave with only the light of a old TV set illuminating them cheering when Kerry speaks.
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has his pundits that he was claiming!

We thought it may be Germany and France!

We've been wrong before!
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi M,

Thanks for your contribution to the cause - are you the author of that piece? A Melbourne paper? Are you a syndicated columnist?

Got a soft heart for the Aussies - lived in Sydney for a short time in the early '70's.

Thanks again for your piece, and thanks to your country for standing with us in this difficult war in Iraq.

I know one thing. Kerry can insult our coalition of the willing, but President Bush will never forget the real friends of the USA.

Good on ya' mate - help us expose Kerry's true colors all over the world.
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how I wish!
No, I didn't write that piece. It came as a result of corresponding by email with Andrew Bolt, a columnist for whom I have great respect. He must have done some investigating of his own because he just nailed it right off the bat, brought out points that were not included in my emails.

I've also sent items/articles to others in various media with no result so far.

Our Prime Minister, John Howard, is also running for re-election (Oct 9). It's really weird - the opposition has framed its campaign around 'truth', constantly calling the PM a liar. They've dredged up the 'children overboard' story from pre the last election three years ago. This story was, essentially, that illegal asylum seekers threw children overboard in an effort to force an Aussie naval vessel to pick them all up. Later it was found that story was not true (somewhat like WMD in Iraq?). and now people are coming out of the woodwork to testify that the PM knew it was not true. Liar, liar, pants on fire. Trouble is, telephone records show that one such person, for instance, spoke with the PM for 51 seconds - not nearly enough time to discuss the children overboard and two other related matters to the depth that he claimed. The story then changed to several separate phone calls. Ringing any bells?

I should explain that here the Liberal Party (the PM's party) is conservative and the Labour party (the opposition) is the union-driven left.

Seems to me they've picked up on SwiftVet success and are (desperately) trying it on here, without substance. Not too smart and not getting them anywhere either.
Thinker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry can now be defined as the candidate that continually bites the hand that feeds him. And his followers are the spoiled rotten little rich brats of this country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: