SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat Issue - Public Interest?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Swift Boat Issue - Public Interest? Reply with quote

I have heard comments from several people over the weekend (all anti-Kerry) that are worried that the public, with its short attention span, is losing interest in what the Swift Boat vets are saying. Is there anyone else out there that have heard this? If it is true, how do we grab their attention again, and keep it?

Note: Topic edited
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three words Doc: Paris circa 1971.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not listening in the right places.

It's all over the news - it didn't even go away after the latest hurricane and Clinton's surgery.

Anyone who thinks this issue has gone away is either not paying attention or they're doing some wishful thinking. Wink
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swifts were low-key during the convention, which was respectful and appropriate.

It also gave some time to Mr. O'Neill to rest up. He's been hard charging for three solid weeks.

This is a long distance race, not a sprint. Have patience.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Navy. I used to have to search for references to Swift Vets, now I can't read them all. Between Lucianne.com and this site, I'm having trouble keeping up with all the articles. Not to mention talk radio and cable news. I've got Rush on the radio, and O'Reilly on my headset. Usually have the TV on as well. I'm a real SwiftVet junkie. lol

Can't wait to see John O'Neill on O'Reilly tonight!

The tide seems to be turning. The mob mentality will turn against JFK sooner rather than later!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear from Democrats that they "don't know who to believe" on the Swift Boat issue. That's just fine with me, because that means they are 50% in doubt over Kerry's character, and at 60 days before the election, that's saying a lot. After those comments, I always say, "Hey, even if you're not sure about the medals, you can't deny that horrible testimony he gave before Congress.", and they shrug and nod along.

I'm not worried because there are other serious issues in this election that Kerry can do poorly on. Let's face it....as much as we care about the Vietnam record here, the war in Iraq is current and therefore more important. Kerry has ticked off his own base by flip-flopping on Iraq.

One left leaning relative told me this weekend that she's decided to vote for Laura Bush. She doesn't like Bush, doesn't like John Kerry, and doesn't like Tereza Lots-of-names Heinz Kerry, so she's voting for Laura.

I think we're doing OK.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is it's the eye of the storm.

first half was vietnam
second half will be post-vietnam Laughing

I hope Mr. and Mrs. ONeill are taking full advantage of this rest.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: SBVT Losing Steam? Reply with quote

It's true that the SBVT has had a low profile through the RNC (although Bush helped himself greatly through his speech), and the media has been dominated by Hurricane Frances over the Labor Day weekend.

However, if Kerry is down in the polls, he is not yet out (not until November 3), so SBVT needs to keep up the pressure, probably with another ad.

President Bush gave SBVT an opportunity in his speech when he said that the troops in Iraq would return home "with honor"...an SBVT ad could compare that with Kerry's statements about rapists and beheaders, and veterans returning to accusations against them from the public.

Another possibility would be to play back Kerry's testimony about "3,000 victims" if the U.S. withdrew from Vietnam, Senator Aiken's desire to increase that to about 800,000, and a voice-over telling the true South Vietnamese casualties after the withdrawal. Then play Kerry's 2004 promise(s) to withdraw the troops within 6 months, and ask "Do we want this man commanding our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan?"

When do the new ads start?
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think more people are paying attention than we realize. I made 3 magnetic signs for my car this weekend that say..."EDUCATE YOUR VOTE! VISIT: SWIFTVETS.COM.

A woman came up to me at the post office and said, "I like your signs."

Admin note: Domain name changed

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh. (Deleted by Admin) is a smear site (salon.com)

Admin Note: Smear domain name deleted
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ:

I hope that's not what your signs say because that URL goes to a salon.com article that is anti-Swiftees.

It should be www.swiftvets.com
Third
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will hear more questions if The Navy comes out with concerns about Kerry re his Silver Star with 3 different citations for one medal. One from a SecNav who does not know how his sig got on it with changes made. This will get the attention of the group of people who dismissed the charges from the Swiftees as questionable. If the Navy says there are problems, then they will like to revisit the Swifty statements. And they will have questions.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would one of you guys explain what is wrong with my sign above?
If I type swiftvets.com into my browser, this site opens. If I type in www.swiftvets.com the same thing of course. I'm not clear on what's
wrong with what the sign says, I definately DON'T want my signs
sending folks to a anti-swiftvets site!

Thanks, Sue Laughing

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
bigguyca
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Southern California "Unfit for Command" still isn't consistently available in the stores. Folks are receiving the books they have ordered over the Internet and the local stores are just getting them. Once people read the book there will be additional waves of interest. That is of course in addition to interest generated by talk radio and the Swift Boat Ads.

My wife read the book over the holiday. Every half-hour of so she would say something like, “This guy is terrible”, or “I can’t believe he’s running."

I purchased a second copy and am circulating it among my friends. The copy my wife read will soon go out on loan at her school.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHEW! I FINALLY GOT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION ABOVE. APPARENTLY IN MY ORIGINAL POST I MIS-TYPED THE URL, BUT THE ADMIN DIDN'T LET ME KNOW THAT HE/SHE HAD CHANGED MY ERROR.

AGAIN...WHEW! IT WAS AN ERROR IN THE POSTING AND NOT ON MY SIGNS!

YAY!! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: