SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sorry he can't take his new gun to the debates!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard some bizarre things said by politicians - I didn't think that there was anything that could shock me about what they said, anymore - but this is so far over the top that I'm even amazed.

Holy smokehouse, what a meltdown! Shocked
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm virtually CERTAIN that the Secret Service had a little, ah, chat with him.

They have NO sense of humor about that sort of comment. None.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
John Gault
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senate Rules
Rule XXXV
Gifts

(a)(1) No Member, officer, or employee of the Senate shall knowingly accept a gift except as provided in this rule.

(2) A Member, officer, or employee may accept a gift (other than cash or cash equivalent) which the Member, officer, or employee reasonably and in good faith believes to have a value of less than $50, and a cumulative value from one source during a calendar year of less than $100. No gift with a value below $10 shall count toward the $100 annual limit. No formal recordkeeping is required by this paragraph, but a Member, officer, or employee shall make a good faith effort to comply with this paragraph.

(b)(1) For the purpose of this rule, the term `gift' means any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, forbearance, or other item having monetary value. The term includes gifts of services, training, transportation, lodging, and meals, whether provided in kind, by purchase of a ticket, payment in advance, or reimbursement after the expense has been incurred.
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. _ Ayn Rand
dennispro
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now wouldn't it be sweet if "W" and “Flipper” could just wear “shootin' irons" to the debates? I'll bet our CiC would be much more proficient at shootin’ coyotes than Mr. John “Flip-Flop” Kerry.
twodogs
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Kerry. Sad If he can't take his shotgun to the debates he'll have to rely on his brain power. Then he will be unarmed. Very Happy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Holy %*^! What a ride!"

Anonymous
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arymann wrote:
Yes, MJB, the comment is quite interesting. It is getting a lot of play in the media as well.

Sorry I got your topic off to a different direction.

*grin* It's OK - I'm just not a gun expert. You know, the exact same thing happened this morning when I showed the picture to my husband and mentioned my post here - and the ensuing discussion. Before I could even get the words out, he started talking about how it was shot gun...a particular type of shot gun...with a certain type of grip...!

I just had to chuckle when I read the same thing online as I experienced over breakfast Wink

MJB
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twodogs wrote:
Poor Kerry. Sad If he can't take his shotgun to the debates he'll have to rely on his brain power. Then he will be unarmed. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Gun Reply with quote

What was he planning to do, shoot Bush?

Maybe he could get a cell next to John Hinkley...
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a steady stream of highly disturbing "incitement" from the Left about resorting to violence against President Bush. From plays in NY to JF'nK's latest endorsement.

Those commie ba$tard$ will stop at nothing. Let's not forget that Hinckley is getting unsupervised leaves from prison...this year of all years.

I wish Dubya and the SS would come down like 50 tons of bricks on those !@#$%^&!! creeps.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
He was firing over-under shotguns. But I guess his operatives told him that they were too elitist and switched him to the more masculine pump guns. hehe

That is not the case here. That is no pump shot gun but a semi auto Remington. Wonder if he waited the required "cool down" of a week?

Bet the Secret Service had a little cat to him about that smart a$$ed remark. Rolling Eyes
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The type of weapon and whether or not he voted to ban it or another kind are NOT relevant. This is at least the second time he has revealed his blatant disdain for our electoral process and form of government. The first was when he said, "I believe it is time for a regime change in America." This man is the most dangerous presidential candidate we have ever had in my lifetime and from what I know of our history as a nation.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennispro wrote:
Now wouldn't it be sweet if "W" and “Flipper” could just wear “shootin' irons" to the debates? I'll bet our CiC would be much more proficient at shootin’ coyotes than Mr. John “Flip-Flop” Kerry.

nooo Kerry's been a lifelong hunter, what are you talking about?
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
*ahem*...isn't Kerry's comment about taking the gun (regardless of type) to the debates of interest?

MJB

kerry never seems to miss an opportunity to shoot his mouth off with something stupid.

I find it incredilble that on one hand he is co-sponsoring gun control, and on the other he's so tickled with his new gun.

He is setting new parameters for hypocrisy... god i hate this puke..
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: thinking thinking thinking Reply with quote

We can just hope that it was a set up.

He fell all the way in if it was a trap.

Now the "it was not what you think talk"

I did not hold the gun 'IT HELD ME'
hopeful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

The gun is a Remmington semi-automatic shotgun with a "stock" grip. It has a 5 shell magazine.

The story is that under the broad definition of the bill that johnny boy co-sponsored, it would have been considered an automatic weapon with a pistol grip and therefore illegal.

Several things that should be brought out to our friends in the press are as follows:

1) Why is johnny accepting a gun that he would have outlawed?

2) Being a non-resident of the state in which he accepted the gift, had he filed the appropriate papaerwork?

3) Accepting a gift of over $100 by a US senator is considered a felony under US sententing guidelines.

4) Why is johnny firing a gun at a club without the mandatory protective eye and ear devices, and

5) How does he get away with the implied threat of shooting the president of the US?

p. s. for non-Jersey deer hunters- I saw earlier on a different thread, people laughing at johnny for recalling deer hunting with a shotgun. FYI when I hunted in N. J. it was illegal to hunt deer iwth a rifle because of the range vs the range of a shotgun (we are a suburban state). Also you had to put two plugs into a 5 shell magazine (i.e. you could only have three shells in the magazine). If caught be a game warden without the plugs, you were fined $150 for the violation and $50 for each shell on your person.

That doesn't mean that he isn't a lying sack of sh*t!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: