SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could O'Reilly NOT have O'Neill on his show seeing as Unfit For Command is the #1 bestseller, but O'Reilly's attitude was like he was doing O'Neill a big favor for even giving him an audience. That Grand Poohbah thing again. Then O'Reilly basically excused Kerry's medal scams as "embellishments" and being young. And oh by the way, if Kerry just flips an apology at you this will all go away, I mean what do you guys want, right? I'll talk to Kerry. That's the take I got on this interview anyway.
nancyhoff
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swiftboat Vets are fortunate to have a man like John O'Neill be the face of your cause. He is well spoken, disciplined, does not get discouraged by the MSM criticisms, and has taken some major hits for his fellow vets. But then, you also have a great group who are obviously working hard and smart behind the scenes. You all have represented the military honorably and I am very proud of our Vietnam Veterans. This is your time and you have earned it!
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: BOR was fair to John O'Neill Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised that O'Reilly gave O'Neill a fair hearing, and in fact conceded that Kerry's actions after returning to the U.S., and linking up with the radicals in the anti-war movement was "craven" -- I think that's how BOR phrased it.

O'Neill handled the interview superbly well!
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badgerfan wrote:
The thing that got me was that BOR was so nonchalant about the whole thing. Like it was no big deal what Kerry did. Ah, youthful indescretion...Lame response BOR.

Being a self-aggrandizing abuser of the system and a traitor is just youthful exuberance! Chingate B'Or! Usted eres mierda de toro!
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to admit that was one of the best interviews I've seen with BOR. ONeil was awesome. What a gentleman. Decent conversation and the facts came out. Thanks to BOR for actually reading the book and making a list.
God Bless America,
Greenvale
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manofaiki, in that column O'Reilly--inadvertently or not--compared the SBVT to the George Soros groups that have been dishonest and deceptive. By constantly trying to please everyone, O'Reilly often does the truth a disservice.

I'll say he was extremely fair tonight--and this is the best he has been. But to this point, without any information available, he has trashed this group relentlessly. He even did so in his talking points segment tonight.

He has a lot of atoning to do, but the bottom line is the message got out, John as usual was great, and much of the public learned probably for the first time Kerry met with the enemy. All in all a great night.
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail to bor:

In your interview with Mr. O’Neill you said that Kerry went to Vietnam with “an agenda”. I had an agenda when I served my 18 months in Vietnam also. My agenda was to serve my country to the best of my ability.

No apology Kerry could make at this point could compensate the scar he placed on my service and integrity 33 years ago. No apology Kerry could make now will restore those thousands of brave Americans who suffered and died because of Kerry’s collaboration with the enemy. No apology Kerry could make now will restore the millions of Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Laotians who died and were forced to flee their homelands because Kerry wanted to further his political career.

If you can not recognize how truly evil Kerry is then you and those around you have my sympathy.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how O'Reilly did his usual media spin by saying that kerry's actions were due to being young, inexperienced, etc. Well look at all the junk and trash that came out or will be coming out against the president's actions when he was younger - and yet nobody in the media has yet to say the same excuse about the president being young and inexperienced.

Bill O'Reilly, you have forgotten that Kerry's actions resulted in the demoralization of his fellow troops (like Oneill pointed out) and that his "youth" resulted in men getting killed and tortured in Vietnam.
swiftsocks
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher.......

This is what is known as the POWER of the Internet.....something Kerry never planned on nailing him to the wall. Two words the must absolutely terrify Kerry are : laptop and the Internet

If nothing else, "wanna be" politicians will know that anything and everything they say can be 1/2 way around the world before they get a chance to spin it.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: ehhh..... Reply with quote

I thought the interview was so-so....

O'reilly gave hi some respect and O'Neil responded in kind as always...

The North Vietnam meetings may very well be the next ad campaign... I think it would go over pretty well.

Also O'Reilly wasted about 7 minutes acknowledging simple facts, but not dwelling on the big lies Kerry has told about his service...

Rasmussen lying at the dem convention would also be a good ad to further damage Kerry, but Kerry will continue to avoid interviews and is most likley hoping we get a hurricane a week to divert coverage of his flip-flops...

Like today when Kerry flip-flopped over by using Deans wrong war, wrong time analogy...

hannity will be talking about it right now...

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre wrote:
the0point wrote:
BOR is lost. Kerry did stupid things in his youth? BOR doesn't seem to remember that soldiers DIED!!! That MILLIONS of Vietnamese and Cambodians DIED!!! He is so morally bankrupt just to get ratings...it's dizzying.

He also seemed to overlook that it was Kerry himself who made it a current event by trying to exploit it.

I agree, also I would like to add that he didn't just do stupid things in his youth, it's he's done STUPID things right along since his youth, 35+ years of STUPID things! STUPID things that cost MILLIONS of lives. In the costing of lives catagory Kerry rates right up there with Joseph Stalin and Eric Eichman!
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an agenda in Vietnam....stay alive. Laughing Laughing

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have watched a different show.

I watched Bill treat Mr. O'Neill with respect. His approach is one that I rarely see on his show, which is a more passive, respectful approach. I guess I will be the odd man out here, and enrage more than a few members... but I have to say that I think Bill was very fair with Mr. O'Neill and I enjoyed the interview. Had I not read the book Unfit for Command, I would be much more likely to read it now. (isn't that the point??????)

Regardless of whether one likes it or not (or likes Bill O'Reilly or not)... Bill O'Reilly did provide a huge audience to the SBVT that is important too. His motivations? Who cares. I mean which is more important, getting others to hear what the SBVT have to say, or a private feeding frenzy of dislike. I think he presented it in a fair manner. Thank Goodness I live in America where there are those that fight for my right to disagree!

With that being said, the one thing I will recognize, is that I have only seen Bill O'Reilly use that type of calm approach with very few people. (Generally those he respects) His approach, speaks more to me than any of the disagreements I see posted here.

And Bill's final words made the most sense. I urge you to read the book Unfit for Command as well as hear what the other side has to say then you decide. (Isn't that what we want?)

Disagreement in part, or in whole does not always mean one is the enemy. I don't agree with the majority of this thread and various other threads that tend to have more of a "feeding frenzy" of the "enemy" than actual discussion. There are also certain areas/approaches of the SBVT that I do not agree with. However, that does not mean I am the enemy as I support the SBVT. I don't think it is necessary for me to agree point for point with another's opinion.... for me to support them! And based on Bill's discussion tonight, he supports the SBVT but disagrees with some of the approaches. That in itself is what America is about.

Lisa
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it's very clear Lisa that you were never spit on by someone suffering "youthful indiscretion"!
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the show (I relied on all of you for that), but something important has happened here. It's not just that John O'Neill got a chance to get a few words out in front of the TV audience.

The TV audience just witnessed how mainstream media works and what the MSM thinks the audience should hear about. They just saw Bill O'Reilly sidestepping the issue of Kerry's meeting with the enemy during the war, for instance.

Quite a lot of ordinary viewers are going to say, now, that's interesting. Why didn't Bill O'Reilly press for more details there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: