SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GREAT ARTICLE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: GREAT ARTICLE Reply with quote

http://www.anncoulter.org/columns/2004/012804e.htm

She has Kerry´s number!!

Dane
RogerDraftDodger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Ann must be on vacation... Reply with quote

As they say in sports, "she phoned this one in." Rehashed stuff from the primaries. Her statement that "Kerry was indisputably brave in Vietnam" would not been made if she read "Unfit to Command".

I don't believe she has read it. Come on Ann, you can do better!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

Note the date on the article -- January of 2004. UFC wasn't out then. Of coures this is "old" news. It's an old article.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letter from convention delegate

Friends,
What an honor it was to attend this Republican National Convention in New York City! And especially to serve Texans on the National Platform Committee.
Who would ever have thought that the speech by the former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani would be the highlight of the first day of the convention? I will never forget his heart rendering story about the NYC firefighter who gave our President a bear hug when he visited ground zero on September 14 after the awful 9-11 attack.

Who would ever have thought that one of the most special pictures for a Texas delegate would be with a NYPD officer? Those officers literally put their lives in the breach as they stood between conventioneers and the thousands of bizarre protesters.

Who would have ever thought that an Austrian born body builder and Hollywood actor would become the Republican Governor of our most populous state and be the keynote speaker during this Republican National Convention? Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of California inspired delegates as he shared his dream-come-true of becoming an American citizen, which has given him limitless opportunities. Delegates roared with laughter when he used words like “terminate” and “girly man,” words that movie-goers across America readily understood.

Who would have ever thought that a shy librarian from Midland, Texas, would become America’s First Lady? The wife of the President of the United States Laura Bush gave her from-the-heart speech on Tuesday evening, which gave delegates a resounding endorsement of her husband’s character and integrity that she said has not changed since she married George W. Bush nearly 30 years ago.

Who would have ever thought that the use of “spit balls” would be the opposition’s means of war making? Democratic Senator Zell Miller gave a rousing speech describing his first hand observations of his fellow Senator and Presidential candidate John Kerry. Capping the third evening’s agenda was Vice President Dick Cheney’s speech expressing his wisdom and wit to not only recap the challenge of President Bush’s strong abilities to lead America in response to the 9-11 attacks, but also to expose the opposition’s votes on both sides of most issues.

The crowning evening, capped by a most eloquent speech by our President George W. Bush, included this thought-provoking paragraph: “Our society rests on a foundation of responsibility and character and family commitment. ... My opponent recently announced that he is the candidate of ‘conservative values,’ which must have come as a surprise to a lot of his supporters. Now, there are some problems with this claim. If you say the heart and soul of America is found in Hollywood, I’m afraid you are not the candidate of conservative values. If you voted against the bipartisan Defense of Marriage Act, which President Clinton signed, you are not the candidate of conservative values. If you gave a speech, as my opponent did, calling the Reagan presidency eight years of ‘moral darkness,’ then you may be a lot of things, but the candidate of conservative values is not one of them.”

Friends, I cannot be more EXCITED about the November 2nd election because I believe that we have worked hard to get so many God-fearing candidates on the Republican ballot, a stark contrast with the Democratic ballot. Please join me in praying for and working to elect these candidates from the White House to the Court House.

Blessings,
Cathie Adams
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in the 5,000 posts on this site, there is a photo showing some Swifts heading up a narrow river. I was in Special Boats and I would never have entered such a restricted waterway. Call me a coward or call me prudent but there is no way that I would give up maneuverability such as they did and place my boat, my crew, and myself in a thirty-yard kill-zone. For that reason alone, one must admit that the Swifties had a certain degree of courage. I´ve been in the same situation in unmentioned South American rivers and I know the feeling. It´s called "nearly crapping in one´s pants while awaiting the first shot".

Do I believe that Kerry merits the Bronze and Silver Stars and the Purple Hearts? NO. Let me repeat that for good measure and possible penetration: NO. Do I admire him and all of the Swifties for what they did? Yes. Do I admire him for doing it only three months and then bugging out? NO.

I think Ann merely gave a "pass" to Kerry before slam-dunking him immediately thereafter.

Dane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: