SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A complete list of John Kerry's signature legislation!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's arguable that the only people he's ever accomplished anything for is the NVA.
kmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he have that Kerry amendment?

You know the one where he tried to cut the intel budget by $8 billion?
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait.Wait.there's this...

Quote:
RUSH: All right, ladies and gentlemen, have you heard about how Kerry's out there waving this gun around in West Virginia? You seen that? He's trying to go get the gun-owner vote. This is another thing. Here's Kerry, just like all these other Democrats, like Gore had to do, trying to get the gun vote. I mean, they're so discombobulated. He can't even be honest about what he thinks about gun control because he'll lose on that. So he's got to go out and wave this gun around and make it look like he's some big gun guy. He does go hunting, but he's like every other liberal: He wants to take your guns away from you. So, he's out there; somebody gave him the gun as a gift, and he said, "Thanks, but I can't take it to the debate," and of course the media goes, "Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho! Very, very funny! Why, John Kerry is a laugh a minute! Ho-ho-ho, ho-ho-ho-ho-ho! How funny is our candidate? Ho-ho-ho-ho!" They love it. He'd love to take the gun to the debate "but I can't." Why would he want to take the gun to the debate? Could he possibly be making a joke, understandably, about shooting somebody? I mean, Democrats have published a book out there on assassinating President Bush. He's lamenting.

It's a joke, I know, but imagine the shoe on the other foot? It's been a long five days, folks. I've told you this is going to be a challenge today, and a risk, showing up to do this show. (Laughing.) I'm sleep hosting today, that's exactly (laughing) right. I'm sleep hosting. I will not remember any of this at four o'clock this afternoon. Can you imagine if somebody gave Bush a gun, a rifle, and Bush says, "Ah, this is great! I love guns, you know? You've seen me firing guns. It's just too bad I can't take this to the debate"? Can you imagine the outcry? Anyway, there's a story now that has developed about this gun that Kerry so happily accepted as a gift. He stepped in it again. This is the campaign that can't shoot straight, folks. They've been given a gun, and they still screw this up. Drudge has this. (story) "Was Democrat presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun, which would have been banned if legislation he cosponsored became law?" (Laughing.)

"Kerry cosponsored Senate Bill 1431 last year, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003." We've been looking for a bill that he put his name to and we found one. In 20 years you can't find many pieces of legislation with his name on it. Howard Dean mentioned this in the primaries. Kerry said (doing Kerry impression), "You don't know how things work there!"

So anyway, "Kerry co-sponsored this bill which would have banned a semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip. Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have pistol grips including millions of Browning auto five shotguns produced since 1903. Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the pistol grip as loosely defined in the bill. The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumb-hold stock or any other characteristic that can function as a grip. (That's from the bill.) Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia. 'I thank you for the gift but I can't take it to the debate with me,' Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the gun. Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any gift transaction. He would not have been allowed to accept the gift of the gun had his legislation passed. It's not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork, Form 4473 before he claimed the gun..." (Laughing.) It's not clear. The hell it isn't! We know he didn't fill out Form 4473 before accepting the gun in Racine, West Virginia. So he's waving the gun that would have been banned had his bill passed, lamenting he can't take it to the debate.

The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome list

I'll have to read it later.

I actually looked it up once. There were about 50 bills he has gotten passed.
Before you think I'm standing up for him, only one or two anount to anything. The rest are National Pickle week, Honorary days for deceased persons, National Pizza day and the like. I really not exaggerating . . . . . . much
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i guest that whenever you make a living by voting for something before you vote against it, it always ends up zeroing down to zero Twisted Evil Razz Twisted Evil
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make this clear- anyone is free to copy this list and send it to your liberal colleagues to help them understand their candidate better!

Smile
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: missed the flip-flop Reply with quote

I'm shocked - you all missed where he flipped-flopped on those issues posted above. Here are the flip-flop positions:

Very Happy
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn it they must have deleted the lists
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't consider it a bad thing that he doesn't have any law with his name attached.

The first rule of government should be "First, do no harm."

What I do mind, though, is his consistent voting against national defense & intelligence.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primum no nocere

That's an oath I took.
cdbarker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Legislation Reply with quote

That many? I'm surprised he did that much, the creep!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: