SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: WARNING !!! Reply with quote

09/08/2004
I just received a phone call from a collection agency, claiming that my credit card co. has not received payment since January,2004..(I didn't open the account until May,2004...The questions they asked was,"What is your date of birth." "What is my address"...
In regard to both questions,I replied,"I don't give out any info over the phone." He insisted, that I do, after, (the volume picked up)..I said," Ask my credit card co. for my address..He said," My credit card co. doesn't have it either."...( That's where I had him.)I asked him," How come I'm receiving statements from them?"..After not stating my address,I told him, to mail me any questions he may have..
I called my credit card co. and asked if they put my account in collection..(Knowing I was up to date on my payments.) They verified a" NO," that, I was up to date, and no payments were due...

Think twice, if anyone receives a call, like I did. In this election year, anything can happen..Personal information is a priority, these days..Be careful...

If anyone has had any other experiences, in this vain, please post them, for us...

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good alert and good advise beansoup.

However, its way off topic or the purpose of this forum.

Headed for Geedumk.

G_Dog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: