SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Long to Win All Medals? One Month?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISHMAEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: How Long to Win All Medals? One Month? Reply with quote

I have heard it said that Gardner served with Kerry longer than any other crew member. I believe the time the two spent together was aproximately two months.

I have also heard that Gardner was not present with Kerry during any of the medal-winning incidents.

These two facts appear to point to a facinating conclusion.

Given that Kerry's first month with the Swifties was spent outside of combat, with the ommission of the two months during which Gardner was present, this means Kerry won all of his medals in a single month???

If this is true then I must ask...

Was there something unique about this single month? Was there someone present in Vietnam with special access to the chain of command? Someone who might have been able to facilitate the security of a number of medals for Kerry?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time period during which all the medalled incidents occurred spanned approximately three months.

He was denied a PH for his first injury because there was no hostile fire and because the CO saw the silly little splinter that it was and told Kerry to get out of his office.

The first PH was actually awarded 82 later after Kerry processed it through a subsequent CO who didn't know the circumstances surrounding the injury.

The medals were all awarded within about a two-month period.

There is a post around here that nails it all down as to dates of awards.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 days, 20 Feb 69 to 13 Mar 69 with the exception of the phony PH on 02 Dec 68.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the previous thread is here.
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6699

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
ISHMAEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
21 days, 20 Feb 69 to 13 Mar 69 with the exception of the phony PH on 02 Dec 68.

Right! That's it! 21 days! All medals awarded within a single 21 day period. This appears to me to be absolutely extraordinary.

Many of us newly-introduced to this subject have been under the impression that Kerry won all these medals within a fantastically brief four month period. The facts, however, appear to be truly breathtaking. In reality, all of Kerry's medals were awarded within a single month -- with the exception of the last PH.

Has any other soldier in the history of the US forces ever won so many medals within so brief a time period?
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Answer is NO>and Reply with quote

He is going to get his final reward.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Russerts gofer.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 days --- if John Kerry can accomplish that much in 21 days why did he do nothing in the Senate during 19 years?
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't I read somewhere that Kerry only conducted 18 missions? That works out to one medal per every 3.6 missions! That truely would be astonishing!

MJB
USAF '88-'92
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean why did he do nothing in his 19 years:

21 days --- if John Kerry can accomplish that much in 21 days why did he do nothing in the Senate during 19 years?

Why, he met with the Sandinistas and voted against many weapons systems didn't he? Geez, whadaya want?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me Otis, I failed to recognize Senator Kerry's "significant" contributions.
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISHMAEL wrote:
ASPB wrote:

Right! That's it! 21 days! All medals awarded within a single 21 day period. This appears to me to be absolutely extraordinary.

Many of us newly-introduced to this subject have been under the impression that Kerry won all these medals within a fantastically brief four month period. The facts, however, appear to be truly breathtaking. In reality, all of Kerry's medals were awarded within a single month -- with the exception of the last PH.

Has any other soldier in the history of the US forces ever won so many medals within so brief a time period?

Actually, the fist PH was awarded during the 21 day period; on 28 Feb 69 It was for purported combat action while serving in another command, Coastal Division 14, on 02 Dec 68. It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that there was not action that night and the wound was unintentally self-inflicted.

Last edited by ASPB on Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
Didn't I read somewhere that Kerry only conducted 18 missions? That works out to one medal per every 3.6 missions! That truely would be astonishing!

MJB
USAF '88-'92

18 missions from 30 Jan 69 to 13 March 69 while OinC of PCF-94. We don't have a mission count for the period he was OinC of his first boat PCF-44,
ISHMAEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: 21 Days Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

Actually, the fist PH was awarded during the 21 day period; on 28 Feb 69 It was for purported combat action while serving in another command, Coastal Division 14, on 02 Dec 68. It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that there was not action that night and the wound was unintentally self-inflicted.

I have a very strong suspicion that this 21 day period is the key to solving the mystery.

During these 21 days, Kerry had the ability to get every medal he wanted. That ability ended at the end of the 21 day period. Something changed at that time that made it impossible for Kerry to get any additional medals. This is a reasonable conclusion because nearly two more months would transpire and Kerry would not prove capable of winning a single additional medal --- asside from the Purple Heart that got him home.

I would look for a person who was in Vietnam -- or high up the command chain -- who left sometime very soon after the end of this 21 day period. THis person was John Kerry's contact point and medal "enabler." Look for him. I think he is there somewhere.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
MJB wrote:

MJB
USAF '88-'92

18 missions from 30 Jan 69 to 13 March 69 while OinC of PCF-94. We don't have a mission count for the period he was OinC of his first boat PCF-44,

Any guess as to how many missions we might be talking about, here? How long was he OIC for PCF-44?

MJB
USAF '88-'92
ISHMAEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: 3rd Purple Heart Reply with quote

Did Kerry receive his third Purple Heart for the March 13th incident? Is this when he left for home?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: