SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quote from NPR radio ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Quote from NPR radio ... Reply with quote

Quote:
When the former president and patron saint of your party is about to undergo bypass heart surgery, but feels the need to call you up to give you advice on how to turn your campaign around -- well, that's a sign that you're sliding in the polls. A lot of people on the left want to give Sen. John Kerry advice on how to beat President Bush. Commentator Cornel West shares his observations on the Kerry campaign.

BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google "Cornel West" and see what you find.

Rolling Eyes
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPR: National People's Radio..again, it is time to stop funding NPR..enough..they make my blood boil whenever I hear them, and I must say rather infrequently..thank God..

PD
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: just liked the quote ... Reply with quote

I'm sure everything else out of that guy is pure drivel ... Twisted Evil
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to NPR when I want to laugh.

Strange thing though, I don't think they're trying to be funny. Confused
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: NPR Important Forum Reply with quote

I listen to NPR all the time. Really, constantly. I think it's more valuable to know what the other side is thinking and saying rather than simply listening to the choir. Cornell West is arrogant radical-left narcissistic trash, and the liberals hang on his every word. It might surprise you all to know, however, that NPR is giving the issues raised by Swifties thoughful and measured commentary. Sure they leaned toward disbelief - toward "prove it." But who wouldn't when they first heard the claims? It was NPR coverage that brought me to this forum, where I lurked well before the ads came out. It's a mistake not to take up the challenge and get on NPR talk radio with these issues. Many independent voters and analytical thinkers listen, and need to hear, from your own selves, that you are not Republican dupes and nutso right-wingers. NPR is a tough venue but hey, you guys have known tougher...
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness, NPR isn't at the federal trough as egregiously as PBS. NPR itself gets about 1-2% of its budget from the feds via grants; the member stations get about 14% (on average) via the federally-funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

I'm no fan, but thought I'd share this in the spirit of this site's laudable focus on facts over emotion.
Also, their ombudsman has been responsive to complaints. They actually broadcast the ombudsman's negative assessment of Terry Gross' handling of successive interviews with Al Franken (giggly, softball questions) and Bill O'Reilly (negative, harsh) - the one Bill famously walked out of. I was kinda impressed. I don't listen to NPR anymore but am glad if they are giving the Swiftees a reasonable hearing. And if they aren't, drop the ombudsman a note.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: