SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Truth about the photo/ Alvin Horne letter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: The Truth about the photo/ Alvin Horne letter Reply with quote

Hello my name is Harry of North East MD and I like to say a few
things to your group. Yes, I did not serve in Vietnam, thank God. I wasn't
born to until 1975. But I am a Service-Connected Disabled American Veteran of the US Army MP Core. I'm 29 and maimed for life. I have a college degree, years of experience in my Career but yet due to my service connected disability I'm unemployable. I'm only 29 years old. I have a family of 4 to support. I'm a member of the D.A.V. and I'm pretty disgusted with your group.

I've read an article on CNN.com regarding Alan Horne's letter about the photo
Senator Kerry used for One of his campaign ads and how you have a lawyer and
might sue, oh and that your by partisan.
First the bi-partisan I DON'T BELEIVE YOU.
2. As a Veteran myself YOU SHOULD ALL FEEL HONORED TO BE IN THAT PHOTO.
3. Senator Kerry Saved American Military Lives on how we we're going to War in Vietnam for no reason at all, which is documented today as a FACT. THAT IS A PART OF AMERICAN HISTORY AND SO ARE YOU MEN AS WELL.
4. Your Group is tying up the American court system to get publicity and
possible money is UBSURB AND RIDUCULAS! You Mr. Horne should be ashamed of yourself. There's murders and rapists and drug dealers that need to go through the court system, but You and Your organization want to Sue. First your lawyer just wants to make money and second your trying to make your group a little bit more popular by going in National news. Well you did it boys. Pat yourselves on the back. Good Job.
You men are so honorable. Yes you served honorable, but what
your doing is NOT. Your group should be watching CSPAN and really see what's going on in our country instead of your own PERSONAL GAIN. That Kerry Add was not politics, but a biography of his service time which he has every right to do so. While we have an unjust war on our country's hands now and a dry cocaine and alcoholic AWOL, lying to the American People constantly, who by the way is CUTTING VETERANS BENNIFITS BY 910 MILLION DOLLARS IN 2005-2006!
Bet you didn't know that, probably because your so wrapped up in your groups own selfish gain. Shame on you all, you SHOULD ALL BE DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR SELVES AND APPOLIGISE. SOMETHING OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT WON'T DO, WITH ALL OUR
WOUNDED (OVER 4000) AND DEAD (AROUND 800) FOR NO REASON.

How about health ins. or unemployment, or American Jobs
being outsourced to overseas. How about our borders. You all are in Texas, did you know the Administration outsourced the job of protecting our borders to a contracting agency so that don't have to pay benefits?
YOUR GROUP IS SUPPOSE TO ACT HONORABLE AND DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR OUR NATION AND STOP BEING SELVISH ABOUT YOUR PETTY ISSUE. YOU ALL GOT YOUR PUBLICITY THERE YA GO. GOOD JOB. As a fellow Vet I'm very disappointed in your groups own selfish actions for a Honorable photo that was on for 2 seconds with the future President of the United States. Because if he wins, I Know your group WILL BE EATING CROW.
Mad
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Truth about the photo/ Alvin Horne letter Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
Hello my name is Harry of North East MD and I like to say a few
things to your group. Yes, I did not serve in Vietnam, thank God. I wasn't
born to until 1975. But I am a Service-Connected Disabled American Veteran of the US Army MP Core. I'm 29 and maimed for life. I have a college degree, years of experience in my Career but yet due to my service connected disability I'm unemployable. I'm only 29 years old. I have a family of 4 to support. I'm a member of the D.A.V. and I'm pretty disgusted with your group.

I've read an article on CNN.com regarding Alan Horne's letter about the photo
Senator Kerry used for One of his campaign ads and how you have a lawyer and
might sue, oh and that your by partisan.
First the bi-partisan I DON'T BELEIVE YOU.
2. As a Veteran myself YOU SHOULD ALL FEEL HONORED TO BE IN THAT PHOTO.
3. Senator Kerry Saved American Military Lives on how we we're going to War in Vietnam for no reason at all, which is documented today as a FACT. THAT IS A PART OF AMERICAN HISTORY AND SO ARE YOU MEN AS WELL.
4. Your Group is tying up the American court system to get publicity and
possible money is UBSURB AND RIDUCULAS! You Mr. Horne should be ashamed of yourself. There's murders and rapists and drug dealers that need to go through the court system, but You and Your organization want to Sue. First your lawyer just wants to make money and second your trying to make your group a little bit more popular by going in National news. Well you did it boys. Pat yourselves on the back. Good Job.
You men are so honorable. Yes you served honorable, but what
your doing is NOT. Your group should be watching CSPAN and really see what's going on in our country instead of your own PERSONAL GAIN. That Kerry Add was not politics, but a biography of his service time which he has every right to do so. While we have an unjust war on our country's hands now and a dry cocaine and alcoholic AWOL, lying to the American People constantly, who by the way is CUTTING VETERANS BENNIFITS BY 910 MILLION DOLLARS IN 2005-2006!
Bet you didn't know that, probably because your so wrapped up in your groups own selfish gain. Shame on you all, you SHOULD ALL BE DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR SELVES AND APPOLIGISE. SOMETHING OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT WON'T DO, WITH ALL OUR
WOUNDED (OVER 4000) AND DEAD (AROUND 800) FOR NO REASON.

How about health ins. or unemployment, or American Jobs
being outsourced to overseas. How about our borders. You all are in Texas, did you know the Administration outsourced the job of protecting our borders to a contracting agency so that don't have to pay benefits?
YOUR GROUP IS SUPPOSE TO ACT HONORABLE AND DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR OUR NATION AND STOP BEING SELVISH ABOUT YOUR PETTY ISSUE. YOU ALL GOT YOUR PUBLICITY THERE YA GO. GOOD JOB. As a fellow Vet I'm very disappointed in your groups own selfish actions for a Honorable photo that was on for 2 seconds with the future President of the United States. Because if he wins, I Know your group WILL BE EATING CROW.
Mad

Welcome Aboard Harry and thank you for your service. If what you say is true, you have given more to this country than most of his here and you are to be honored by all veterans.

Unfortunately, you have some bad information. Swiftboat Veterans for the Truth is about the following:

Quote:
SWIFT BOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH FORMS ORGANIZATION

Goals are to restore honor of Vietnam vets; Rebut John Kerry’s unanswered lies; Bring the truth about Kerry’s service to the public

(May 4-Washington, D.C.) Today, a group of Swift Boat veterans from the unit in which Senator John Kerry served announced the formation of an organization, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. The organization has been formed in order to bring the truth about Kerry to the American people. The organization intends to discuss Kerry’s war crimes charges, Kerry’s record and to request that Kerry authorize the Department of Defense to release the originals and the complete files relating to his military service and medical military records.

The group released a historic letter expressing the overwhelming opposition of those who served with Kerry or in his unit to his misrepresentation of his record and the unit’s record. The letter is signed by Swift Boat veterans at all levels and from the entire political spectrum; the entire chain of command during the period Kerry served in Vietnam; veterans who participated in the engagements resulting in his medals; and the majority of officers who served with him in Coastal Division 11, the unit in which he spent most of his four month tour of duty. Public circulation of the letter began one week ago and collected hundreds of signatures. The signers already make up a majority of the Swift Vets whose addresses can be found. The complete record of signers and comments will be posted on Swiftvets.com.

Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann, USN (retired), Commander of Coastal Surveillance Force Vietnam (Commander Task Force 115) and chair of the group said, “I signed this letter because I do not believe John Kerry is fit to be the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States. This is not a political issue. It is a matter of his judgment, truthfulness, reliability, loyalty and trust - all absolute tenets of command.”

“We don’t understand why Kerry would make the centerpiece of his campaign an exaggerated account of his four month service in Vietnam 33 years ago, but since he is, we believe the American public is entitled to the truth about his service and about his charges about war crimes and atrocities,” explained John O’Neill, a Swift Boat veteran who took charge of Kerry’s boat a few months after Kerry’s departure and who debated Kerry in 1971.

The Swift Boat Vets for Truth include the entire chain of command above Kerry: Lt. Commander Grant Hibbard, Lt. Commander Elliott, Captain Charles Plumly, Captain Adrian Lonsdale USCG (retired) and Rear Admiral Hoffmann (retired), as well as enlisted men, officers, men who served with Mr. Kerry, men who served in the same group of Swift boats and men intimately familiar with the operations and conduct of Swift boat operations during the war. The group also includes James Zumwalt, Lt. Colonel, U.S.M.C. (retired), representing his father, Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, and brother, Lt. Elmo Zumwalt III, both deceased.

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is a Special Purpose Political Action Committee.

Chairman, Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann (retired)

Treasurer, Weymouth “Wey” Symmes

PO Box 26184

Alexandria, VA 22313

www.swiftvets.com

Harry, I am a member of the group and I can assure you that IT IS NOT partisan. 17 of 21 officers that served with Kerry are all members and it's impossible that 17 of 21 are republicans in a country split 50/50. Over 200 Swiftboat Veteran, 95% of those that could be contacted are signatories of the letter. The same logic applies.

The suit is not about money and was not filed by Swiftvets! It's a demand to cease and desist invididuals in the pholefrom using their images by Kerry to further his campaign. They believe that the use implies their support which Kerry does not have. Also, Swiftvets is a non-profit tax-exempt organization. Any money it receives in contributions must be spent to further the goals outlined in the letter above.

Kerry did not save American Military lives by his participation in VVAW. If anything, he cost lives by strengthening the will of our North Vietnamese enemies. He helped them win the war here in the states even after our military had won it on the ground in Nam. His actions contributed to the deaths some 2.5 million Southeast Asians by assisting in forcing a peace treaty in 1972, which was immediately violated by NV and led to the fall of the South in 1975. I know you were taught by leftist profs in college that we lost an unjust war in Nam. That is just history rewritten. You'll find threads on this site that talk about what really happened.

It's Demo hype that Vets benefits are being cut by 910 Million. The number is just a budget goal for the whole VA which needs to grow smaller as WW2 vets are dying off. There are only 4 million left from what was 16 million. Bush has actually increased actual VA benefits to individual vets by 40% in his 3 years in office. Much much more than Clinton did in 8 years.

Jobs are growing. Issues like heath insurance and other social programs, regardless of their importance, have to be a second priority while our existence both physically and economically is under threat. This country could be economically distroyed with 2 or 3 suitcase nukes. That just has be our priority as a nation.

Study a little more and thank you again for your honorable service.

And another thing, don't trust the effete elite media like CNN if you want the Truth.

Last edited by ASPB on Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing truthful about this disgraceful site. This site and its supporters are a stench in the nostrals of all good and honorable men who serve and have served.
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: I respect that Reply with quote

I understand and I honor all of your service and the others as well, its just makes me think that (no dis-repect) there is so much more important issues. Sure Kerry Has issued that ad as a biography. But a least he hasn't attacked our current administration, like they have him. Plus that's just one ad. The rest of Kerry's add's are aimed toward the issues. Hey, I'm even voting this nov. for a Republican Congressman, Wayne Gilchrest. He has helped me and my family tremendlously. If not for Mr. Gilchrest a Republican Congressman and Veteran, my family would not be receiving my disability, which we all know takes a lot of time to go through. He expedited this for me and my family , because I had no income coming in and my Neurologist will not let me work. I've had serve head trauma. I'm blessed to be here on this God's Green Earth. Yes I'm a Democrat, but I have an open mind like yourself to everybody and everything. There's just been a lot of bad politics going on. We need Public Servants not Politicians. God Bless to all who served.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to call ******** on both Harry and Saint. MP Core? How about Corps. Neither one have a profile that's worth a hoot. I don't think that either one of them is a Veteran and as such, neither belong in here.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colmurph wrote:
I'm going to call Bullcrap on both Harry and Saint. MP Core? How about Corps. Neither one have a profile that's worth a hoot. I don't think that either one of them is a Veteran and as such, neither belong in here.

But is anyone here going to do anything about it?
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice all the new people the last three days! Methinks we are being mass trolled! There is no way that this many new veterans have found this site. A pro Kerry / Democratic / Liberal site has instituted a mass attack on this site!

Ignore all new people unless they send their DD214 to the moderators!

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: 95 blx or what ever you call yourself Reply with quote

In the US Army not marines we are call the Military Police Core, where I trained at Ft. McClellan Alabama, graduated in Dec. of 1993 at the age of 18. That is the difference between Army and Marine MP's, what were you a cook? No offense to the cooks out there , God Bless them. Had a lot of friends who were. They always threw the best BBQ's.
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: oh one more thing Reply with quote

my MOS was 95 bravo, incase you doubters out there still doubt.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: 95 blx or what ever you call yourself Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
In the US Army not marines we are call the Military Police Core, where I trained at Ft. McClellan Alabama, graduated in Dec. of 1993 at the age of 18. That is the difference between Army and Marine MP's, what were you a cook? No offense to the cooks out there , God Bless them. Had a lot of friends who were. They always threw the best BBQ's.

You are a liar. Get the the hell off our board. You never served a damned day.
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: 95 blx or what ever you call yourself Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

Hmmm, sounds like BS to me... and to the official web page of the US Army Military Police CORPS (but I guess that the guys at the US Army Military Police Training Course have been spelling it wrong all this time):

http://www.wood.army.mil/usamps/default.htm

Good try though.. well, not really.

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am deeply troubled by your post, Harry.

Maybe you could share the nature of your maiming. I have never seen such butchering of the English language or poor spelling out of a college graduate. Please forgive me, in advance, if you disability is responsible for this problem. You see this has made me doubt your sincerity and veracity and I barely made it out of high school.
Craig

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: The Truth about the photo/ Alvin Horne letter Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

it isn't nice to fib
Sharps Shooter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Kerry's Unfitness Reply with quote

I appreciate your clear, explanatory reply upthread.

My complaint is with Kerry, his unfitness for the position, his demonstrated inability to control himself when it is best that he do so, his demonstrated choice of representing himself as someone who, almost regardless of the issue, 'actually voted FOR it... until I voted AGAINST it.'

Kerry's self-confessed, self-indicting evidence under oath before American Congress marks him as a man with very little, if any, respect for service members defending America. Kerry's anti-American-troops testimony COULD be evidence that Kerry provided aid and comfort to Hanoi, legally-designated enemies of America at the time he did it, BUT he has not yet been indicted for his part in that raping, murdering, war-crimes effort he testified about.

I have little time for 95B's who kannt spel becuz they wurr in the core.

I HAVE time and inclination to read defenses of Kerry, but NONE have been forthcoming over the last 6 months.
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's ok Capro, i wish this posting thing had a spell check Smile But i am serious. There's way more important things in our nation the swiftwvets could do. For example get the facts on OUR VA Budget. I don't fib either. I get my facts straight from cspan.org. look under VA for search engine. the current administration is trying to raise the phramcy price from $7 to 10 dollars? Why We disabled and non disabled Vets don't have a lot of money. I'm a member of the DAV and thank God They do help with Transportation. With my condition I'm not allowed to drive, and I have a famiily of 4 to support. a 29 year old kid can't drive, because of his service connected disability. The Soldiers who are dying know and being maimed for life like I was and the Prostectics dept. I might add one of the best in the country, it's budget was cut this year at the 2005 fiscal hearing. Oh its budget was cut around 210 million. I feel sorry for the VA Secretary he has such a tough job to do and he's not getting the tools to do it. If anyone of you doubt me please contact him and his office in DC to get the facts. Call my bluff if you think i'm joking. I pray for our Active Soldiers Daily, because their dieing and being maimed for life DAILY. They will be Vets too someday. We as Vets Now can do something to organize our organization before the 1000's more cram are all ready crowded VAMC's. By the way 3 VAMC's are closing this year also. Maybe these issues need to be more addressed than a damn photo. That's all I'm trying to say. I respect and love you all. Yes I am by-partisan for real. I'm a democrat voting for a Replubican congressman in Nov. Wayne Gilchrest of Md's 1st district who is a Vet himself. He has helped my faimily with my receivng my disability a lot faster than the normal 10 month red tape wait period you normally have to go through. Peace to all. Wars can be fought without men dying. Remember the Cold War? Military force should be used as the last option, not the first. I beleive in that, because i'm blessed by God to be here today to take care of my family. While others I served with are dead because their hummer drove over a damn land mine in Bosnia or one of my fire fighter friends in Iraq, was just shot to death. He was Active army but was released and returned as a Civilian to help in this so called cause for a government who hates America. Yes i'm very greivous to this Iraq matter. There's just so much more important issues guys, that's all i'm saying. God bless you all for serving. Harry 95bravo US Military Police. trained in McClennan in bama, served in Korea in 94, and ended my stint at the Fort Myer MP company, the Protectors of our Nations Capital. Station at Ft. McNair iN SW WAshington DC , home of the National War College. For those who call me a non Vet. Shame on you all. EVeryone is entitled to their own opion. (by the way is their a spell check to use on this thing? ) Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: