SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New ABC / WashingtonPost Poll - Fantastic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: New ABC / WashingtonPost Poll - Fantastic Reply with quote

Read the fine print.. Kerry's FAVORABILITY is sinking !! should be music to the ears of SWIFTIE fans..

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Vote2004/bush_campaign_poll_040909.html

MAXX (from Austria)
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Details (from ABC/WashPost) Reply with quote

Favorable View of the Candidates
Candidate 7/25/04 Pre-DNC 8/1/04 Post-DNC 8/29/04 Pre-RNC 9/8/04 Post-RNC
Bush 54% 47 50 51
Kerry 48% 51 43 36

Bush has forged some movement in his favor; 32 percent now call him "too conservative," down six points since June. More, 42 percent, call Kerry "too liberal" — and that's up six points since June
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Kerry leads .. among "moveables" - voters that mig Reply with quote

"The number of registered voters who say they may change their minds has dropped from 26 percent in June to 14 percent now; it was twice as high, 31 percent, at this time in 2000. Fewer, just six percent, say there's a "good chance" they may change their minds. And in another difficult sign for Kerry, he leads among moveables — i.e., those who might move."

--
this is KEY I guess .. the SWIFTIES need to keep up their message. Kerry is knocked out but not yet down. Best would be to really tear him apart 10 days before the election..

I really hope the SWIFTIES will produce at least 2 ads.. one for end of September and another one in the 4th week of October..

MAXX (from Austria)
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best news yet..remember, I did this for a living for over 10 years..the internals of this poll are fantastic for Bush and well..horrific for Kerry..you need to read the entire poll and read between the lines. Bush has gained significantly in the areas that we here have been pounding for weeks..

I am thrilled..knowing what I know, I do understand that election day is the poll that matters..however, the internals show me a hard move toward Bush after a summer of "voter fishing"..what that means is most people had a wait and see attitude..let Kerry talk, lets get to know him..well, what they saw and Heard they did not like..(Thanks Swifties)..

Bush needs to hold on to the debates..be strong, likeable and no big boo boo's.. Wink , if he does that..he will be just fine..now, let us all bow our heads and pray I am right. Rolling Eyes

I said this last week and I will repeat it again..the pressure needs to be kept on Kerry in a major way..no letting up, no backing down..no sitting back and waiting..we need to crush him..and his little attempt to try and bring up the Guard service of our CIC will make him look bad..I believe Americans have made up their mind on that issue and it looks like politics at its worst..

Another reason? Kerry today at the Baptist convention..trashed Bush, stating that Bush was like the man in the Samaratian story who "walked on by "..that for "four years he has done nothing for the suffering of people, he walked by"..oh, okay fool, well, tell the 25 million men women and children of Afganistan and Iraq..he was attacking Bush personally in a way that only a desperate man would..Carville way..it is a man going for broke..now, lets keep breaking him...ON to november 2 ..keep the pressure up, the emails, the contributions, the posts..tell your friends, family..any one with half a brain to HEAR what the Swifties are saying..and the truth will smack him hard...

I am thrilled..and for you nay sayers..please, let me have this one poll for the night to be up on..I know the drill, and I know politics..but for now, I need a happy break..tomorrow I will worry, tonight, I am celebrating..
Razz
PD
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: polling internals Reply with quote

I looked at the polling internals and nowhere could I find the count (not percentages) of republican versus democrats polled.

The recent Newsweek and Time Polls had an overweighting of republicans in the sample - which causes the poll to tilt way republican. This Washington Post poll could be the same way.

Don't get me wrong - I certainly hope it is right. But I am also suspicious because next week they could do a more balanced poll and the headlines would be "Kerry closes gap" or "Kerry makes comeback move", etc.

These three polls are not above doing that. Personally, I would pay more attention to the Rassmussen and Zogby polls. (these two show a close race with momentum going to Bush)

Charlie
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccweb,

Zogby Polls are trash. Sad really because he had such a good reputation and called the 96 and 00 races spot on. His new system, however, allows for participant self-selection.

Scott Rasmussen's poll is a clear outlier both state and national, and he refuses to release his internal numbers. Furthermore, his polls are poor predictors historically.

In short, ABC is more likely to be right than Zogby or Rasmussen.

Truth is Beauty
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: polls Reply with quote

Polaris:

Thanks for your thoughts.

I guess you and I will both have to see what next week brings.

Like I said in my first post - I hope the poll is right.

Charlie
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Jennings and George Stephenopolous sounded downright depressed on tonight's ABC News.
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Debates Reply with quote

PD,
well Bush camp is represented by power-broker James Baker (of Florida recount fame) in the debate negotiations. Bush is only willing to go for 2 debates and content to skip the proposed "middle" event, the "town hall format".. he is well advised to do this.

A Crossfire setup by partisan Antiwar Whackos is a treatment that this president certainly doesn't need and why should he subject himself to it ?

MAXX (from Austria)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: