SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS and Dan Rather stonewalling on forged documents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: CBS and Dan Rather stonewalling on forged documents Reply with quote

Dan Blather is stonewalling on the alleged forged documents. CBS will not release where they got the documents or who the "expert" was that authenticated them.

Please consider emailing and telling them to 'fess up.

Go to http://www.cbs.com
- at the bottom of the page click on feedback
- a feedback form is then available to be filled out and sent

tell 'em to 'fess up in your words.

Charlie
gunslynger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: looks like they have disabled the feedback form! Reply with quote

I just get redirected back to the original page, looks like they cant take the heat!
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: popup Reply with quote

I just tried again and it still works for me
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'ts a popup ..try holding ctrl button down.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: E-mail to CBS on forgeries Reply with quote

This is what I sent to CBS:

Four separate forensic experts on typefonts, including Dr. Philip Bouffard, who plans to vote for Senator Kerry, have stated that the four memos allegedly typed by Lt.Col Jerry Killian regarding President Bush's National Guard service are forgeries.

"60 Minutes II" has therefore participated, willingly or unwittingly, in a libelous false accusation against the President of the United States.

CBS News, in the interest of its future credibility with viewers, owes them, and the President, a formal apology and a televised retraction of all charges based on these forged documents.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Boycott CBS sponsors Reply with quote

In my email to CBS I told them their sponsors would be hearing from me and that I intended to boycott not only CBS but their sponsors as well if Rather is not forthcoming with information about the origin of those documents. They will stonewall this fraud until they start feeling it in the wallet.

As of right now, the CBS network is not on my viewing schedule.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a World gone Mad. NEVER in my life have I ever witnessed such a debacle of journalism. Never have I seen such bias.

Absolutely unreal.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine!

I am ashamed to be an American after the shameful reporting by Dan Rather that I have seen on the Sept. 10th CBS evening news.

No sources were named, no typewriters types were shown or name brands given, no explanation given as to why the signatures look different.

As I found out on Hannity this afternoon CBS did not use the info from Col. Killian's living relatives or associates as was shown again on Hannity an Colmes on Fox.

Don't think CBS can get away with sub-standard reporting with all the other ways people can get info now through all kinds of services.

We might be hicks in the middle of the country, but the elite media always underestimates us and what we understand.

CBS should wise up and take a look at Fox's ratings or the amount of hits on Drudge. Don't forget Rush and Hannity too.

Have a good time cleaning up Rather's mess!
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Very Funny Reply with quote

Rather, Jennings, Brokaw, Wallace , etc just must hate the internet. They used to be so sheltered from anything like this.

You gotta know that some of the people who work with them and know them as the ******** they are probably circulate this stuff also.

I just hope and pray that Rather goes down on this.

Check this out:

http://www.celluloid-wisdom.com/pw/index.php?/weblog/
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things I didn't know:

http://thoughtsonline.blogspot.com/2004/09/im-not-fontologist-so-i-cant-add.html

Quote:
Thursday, September 09, 2004
Posted 6:14 PM by steve
I'm not a fontologist, so I can't add anything to the font discussions, but I'll add my own questions about the Killian letter...

The blacked-out address is 5000 Longmont #8, Houston Texas, 77027. There's no designation such as 'street', 'avenue' or 'road'. Mapquest shows a Longmont Drive in Houston but in zip code 77056, not 77027. Mapquest has a Longmont Lane in 77057. In fact, I don't get any hits trying to match "Longmont" "Houston" and "77027".

As for the #8, that would seem to indicate an apartment building of some kind (condos and proportional spacing not really being around much in 1972). While much can happen in 30 years, the only reference I found was this, which is of a business, not a residence.

Why would the 'return adress' for the 111th Fighter Interceptor Squadron be a post office box? THe 111th was at Ellington Field. When I was living on an AFB, coincidently in May 1972, all of our mail was sent to .... Beale AFB, Calif. No post office boxes. Why wasn't an Ellington Field address used? Was the TANG in the habit of having its correspondence sent to a post office box?

And the post office box is 34567? Did someone get lazy when typing their Word document? Is/was there such a box number at the 77027 Post Office in 1972?

May 14, 1972 was a Sunday. Is a Sunday likely to be the day by which Bush was to have reported?

You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathanyl,

National Guard. Worked weekends. Saturday and Sunday dates might not be a problem.

Zip codes change over the years, especially in 30 years. Wouldn't surprise me if there were apartments at that address that have been torn down and replaced with something else.

The P.O. Box is on an official document from the Bush site.
BWalter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: E-Mail Reply with quote

I just e-mailed CBS also about their lack of journalistic integrity. They lost a viewer. I let them know that I get my news from blogs now. I wonder how much flack they have gotten over this. A lot, I can only hope.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Another Great Analysis Reply with quote

Just one great analysis after another.

You can bet CBS just isn't used to this intensity and persistency.

In the past they could just ignore our letters that took three days to reach them. Now we can take hold of their throat and not let loose until they give up.

What great work is being done.

http://shapeofdays.typepad.com/the_shape_of_days/2004/09/the_ibm_selectr.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: