SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dan Rather is going for it...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Wallace. I am going to se if there is some way to import that assistant to word, for real.

Great interview, there. Yes, would that Hilary would shut the he..

It has been great to be able to hang out here. A great way to ease some of the election season frustration, and a great way to spend a break from school, while I recover from an injury.

An intelligent, funny, EFFECTIVE bb.

Hope to check in later, off to therapy.

Physical, that is. I won't need the other kind unless Kerry is elected.

Keep up the great work!

--Kimmymac
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knocking off the liberal media one at a time.....
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the blogs have seriously undermined the MSM on this one. Nice to see that Fox, ABC and the WaPo are attacking this story. Curious to see how long they stick with it and what more can be uncovered. Powerline has some interesting forshadowing statements, that this all might trace back to Barnes. If this turns out to be true that is a direct link to Kerry.

But what kills me is how the Kerry people are already insinuating that this could be a Bush plot. Rolling Eyes Yeah right.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the0point wrote:

But what kills me is how the Kerry people are already insinuating that this could be a Bush plot. Rolling Eyes Yeah right.

This is news to me...where did you hear this? It wouldn't surprise me. It's almost comical to see how the DNC might try to spin this one.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/007771.php

Chris Lehane had a little chat with Ted Kopple about the Bush peoples' hand in this.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If those docs are fake then Rather will be zapped "

No way! They(CBS & Rather) have been lying and been caught for years and years.

This is nothing.

Back to business as usual.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the0point wrote:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/007771.php

Chris Lehane had a little chat with Ted Kopple about the Bush peoples' hand in this.

Thanks OPoint -- From the article:

"Koppel and Lehane agreed that the campaign almost certainly was not responsible for the forgery because the consequences of being caught are too high. (Lehane even floated the idea that the Bush campaign might have been responsible). Under this analysis, the Nixon campaign couldn't have been behind the Watergate break-in either -- it must have been the work of Democrats or the CIA. But, again, the real point is that the MSM and the Democrats have figured out that CBS and its report are probably lost causes, and that the key thing now is to protect the Kerry campaign. It looks as if the campaign that wants so desperately to go back on the offensive after weeks of being pounded may have to play some serious defense for a while longer."

This is so funny.

Koppel is assuming that Kerry wouldn't have anything to do with this because the consequences are too high? What a Joke! So, what Koppel is saying is that Kerry is too perfect to do anything wrong. But, he's able to allow his guest to imply that Bush would have his hands in this and not challenge it? Come on -- that implication is even more ridiculous because if Bush handed out documents different than what CBS News had, then the error would be obvious. And, CBS News would've already revealed that to the world.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now MCauliffe is blaming Karl Rove for the documents. They must really be in deep to be denying and deflecting this stringently--EVEN when CBS says the documents are real. What the heck is going on here?

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out,

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=7096

Quote:
According to one ABC News employee, some reporters believe that the Kerry campaign as well as the DNC were parties in duping CBS, but a smaller segment believe that both the DNC and the Kerry campaign were duped by Karl Rove, who would have engineered the flap to embarrass the opposition.

LOL, whenever the DNC/Kerry people in trouble they blame the boogie man, Karl Rove is guilty. Give me a breaqk.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok folks this will be movung to Geedunk shortly.
I am not positive about this, but I read somewhere else in all the discussion here that Kerrys Campaign had these documents? I saw comments quoted from an unnamed Kerry campaign worker that they had them, McCauliffe knew about them, that they turned them over to 60 Minutes, and that the DNC and Kerry Campaign were coordinating the strategey on how to use this to their advantage.
What a crock of bull to say that Rove is involved now! Guess like kerry if they say it enough people will believe it, though that isn't working too well for him either.
mj_brutus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm splitting my sides over this. Let's see if I can recap Flipper and the Dems position on this:

Edwards says the docs are real, and Bush has some 'splainin' to do. We can believe him because he's a politican *and* a lawyer.

McAwful says the docs are fakes, and that Bush planted them to make people like him look even stupider than they are.

Blather is giving us his best Baghdad Bob impersonation. He triple-guarantees that the docs and Barnes are as honest as ... well, just think of someone honest and they're as honest as him.

Flipper says the that he said the docs were real before he said the docs were fakes planted by Bush. And oh yeah, "I got 3 purple hearts."
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting statements from McAuliffe in the Washington Times article today:

"I can unequivocally say that no one involved here at the Democratic National Committee had anything at all to do with any of those documents. If I were an aspiring young journalist, I think I would ask Karl Rove that question," Mr. McAuliffe said.

Ok Terry, no one at the DNC did it. Who else then?

Asked later if he believed Mr. Rove or Republican operatives were involved, he said: "I am telling you that nobody — Democratic National Committee or groups associate with us — were involved in any way with these documents.

I see, what groups exactly are you referring to? Do they include Moveon.org and Texans for truth?

He did not explain how the White House would benefit by providing forged documents trying to undermine Mr. Bush´s service record, but emphasized that he "can unequivocally speak for the Kerry campaign" in saying they had nothing to do with the documents either

So, John's campaign didn't do it either. Ok, since you guys are guiltless, why not demand the documents be released publicly and the source traced down? It's simple really, all you have to do is say:

CBS - RELEASE THE ORIGINAL MEMOS NOW!
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Fakes from Bush campaign? Reply with quote

Actually, the idea that the Bush campaign somehow planted these fake documents dates back (at least) to this morning. On Fox & Friends, at around 7:20 AM EDT, there was a debate between Mike Gallagher and a certain Daedre Levine, representing the Kerry campaign.

After Steve Doocy of F&F mentioned the F-word (forgery), Ms. Levine suggested that someone from the Bush campaign might have deliberately forged a document in order to trap CBS and the Kerry campaign.

Of course, to any rational listener, this sounded preposterous--why would the Bush campaign, leading in the polls, give the liberal media 4 fake documents which make their man look bad, with no assurance that somebody would discover they were fake? (especially since CBS insists that they're genuine)!

Since the Democrats are masters of spin, they will soon invent a machine to wipe egg off their faces!!!
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DNC really does believe Americans who don't vote Democrat are stupid. These statements from the DNC prove it -- they continue to insult the intelligence of all Americans. At the rate they're going, the DNC will hand Bush a landslide victory on November 2, 2004!!
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WallaceNails wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm seriously holding my sides here! That is freakin' hilarious!!!!!! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: