SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former TX Lt. Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's family money, not his grades probably got him into Yale. Wish all the fforts to beg off service and go to study in paris would come to light.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilman,

Wait, wait, let's not forget to add the AWOL smear in there.

And it STILL doesn't begin to compare.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
more on Barnes:

http://www.gop.com/RNCResearch/Read.aspx?ID=4625

Worth repeating.

Go to the link and see what a real winner that Dan Rather is in bed with.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna know a little more about Ben Barnes and his wife Melanie? Go to this website and get the dirt on the little contributions Barnes has made. I would say he feathers his nest with every democrat in the nation. Check it out.

http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/texas_austin_78701.asp
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Ratherbiased Reply with quote

Someone else posted this but it may have been missed.

http://ratherbiased.com/news/content/view/198/2/

I hope some papers may pick up on Rather's bias. Not many beyond the New York Post, WSJ and Chicago Sun Times printing the truth these days

60 Minutes, MSN, CNN< WaPo, NYT, LA LA Times are all out of control. But the Old Media's days will come. And people will point to these times as the period when it started to unravel for them.
Enlistedman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Former TX Lt. Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight Reply with quote

As oddball and apparently off topic as it may seem I thought Dan lost his mind several years ago after starting off on an attacking investigation on Eli Broad. But in his follow-up segment he turned colors and started supporting the then Gov of Arkansas who in the first segment he questioned Bills honesty and knowledge about Whitewater.
It must be related to drug abuse, How else could presumptively intelligent men be so off the wall and defy traditional logics to prove their point.
Something tells me they are all smoking from the same peace pipe contaminated with evil spirits.
And I really miss being able to run 60 miles a week since I got hurt three years ago.
Keep up to date with your Vet benefits, it's a matter of our countries integrity.
thrawn21
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This controversy about W's TANG records certainly sounds familar. I am a very young man, (I'm 21 if you can believe it!) but I lost my faith in the mainstream media in the late 90's after that God-awful "Operation Tailwind" story was publicized by CNN and Peter Arnette.

If any of you remember that story, it was about CNN having some "secret document" from the Pentagon about US soldiers using sarin gas on defecters in Laos. Even at my even younger age then, I knew the story was bogus because I was aware of what sarin does to people if they are exposed to even a tiny amount of it and the details in the story didn't match what I knew (the people who were "gassed" threw up but returned fire at the choppers carrying the Special Forces people, the Special Forces personel weren't wearing the needed protective suits against sarin, ect, ect). However, for a while there, Arnette and CNN kept sticking to their story. Fortunately, Arnette got fired from CNN but then went to betray our troops in Iraq when he did broadcasts from Bagdad while he was employed with National Geographic.

Sounds simliar to the reaction of Rather in the "forgery-gate" story. I agree with the thought that Rather's going for broke on this because he despairately wants a Kerry victory.
Enlistedman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Former TX Lt. Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight Reply with quote

Thinking about it I understand why Dan is sticking to his story now.
First of all it drew a large audiance wanting to see Dan get beat up by his off center logic.
Since Dan claims the document came from an unidentified source and it could impliment a now dead general in the Naional Guard for coruption then maybe the JAG should get involved.
And if the JAG gets involved with the Bush case then the JAG would have to get involved in the war crime claims of JK.
Watch out boys and girls, our great congress is going to start another investigatory and fact finding commitee to get to the truth of the suspicious document. Another fine mess our grat media has gotten us into, even after the Korean War they still have not realized how destrutive and dangerous they can be to men and women in uniform.
And I really miss being able to run 60 miles a week since I got hurt three years ago.
Keep up to date with your Vet benefits, it's a matter of our countries integrity.
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this Quicktime video, Barnes says he got Bush into the NG as Lt. Gov. Of course it's a lie... Bush joined the NG in 1968, and Barnes wasn't Lt. Gov. until 1969.

http://69.59.167.160/media/Barnes%20on%20Vietnam%20-%20RAW%20FEED.mov
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of talking about what a lousy person Ben Barnes is, let's talk about facts, shall we?

In July 1999 the Amarillo Globe reported that Brig. Gen. Staudt said anybody who says Bush had help getting in the Guard is "a damned liar". Staudt also stated
Quote:
Walter B. "Buck" Staudt, a retired brigadier general who was Bush's commanding officer in the Guard, repeatedly denied any influence was involved.

"Neither his daddy nor anybody else got him into the Guard," he told the Los Angeles Times.

Barnes is quoted in the same article
Quote:
"I never spoke to Congressman Bush about his son," Barnes said Thursday. "The story is false."

In September 1999 the Dallas Morning News investigated the Bush Guard story and found
Quote:
Research by The News has shown there were two or three pilot vacancies in the 147th when Mr. Bush applied - before losing his student deferment from the draft.

Although thousands of people were waiting for Guard slots around the country, Gen. Staudt said that Mr. Bush got in because he was willing to undertake the yearlong training and time-consuming duty as a pilot.

In September 1999 the Washington Post also investigated the Barnes story and reported
Quote:
"Mr. Barnes was contacted by Sid Adger and asked to recommend George W. Bush for a pilot position with the Air National Guard. Barnes called Gen. (James) Rose (Texas Air Guard commander) and did so," the statement said.

"Neither Congressman Bush nor any other member of the Bush family asked Barnes' help. Barnes has no knowledge that Governor Bush or President Bush knew of Barnes' recommendation," the statement said.

However, Barnes' own aide, who was also Gen. Rose's aide in the Guard testified in court in 2003, according to the Amarillo Globe
Quote:
Kralj, an Austin lobbyist, testified that Barnes and one of his assistants, sometimes passed on to him names of people wanting to get into the Guard;

Kralj was a member of the Texas Air National Guard and an assistant to the late Gen. James Rose, head of the Texas Air National Guard. Kralj testified that he turned the names over to the general but did not know whether they were accepted.

Kralj also said that he couldn't recall any of the names but that Bush's was not among them.

"I guess the bottom line here we want is that I did not help George Bush Sr. or George Bush Jr. get in the National Guard," he said during questioning by Levine.

Pressed further, Kralj said, "I didn't do it because I think that it would have been something that I would have remembered. He was a United States congressman. It would have been his son. I think I would have recalled something of that."

Barnes' own daughter now states that he lied to Dan Rather on 60 Minutes and that he never helped Bush get in the Guard.

Those are the facts. There's no need to denigrate Mr. Barnes. He, like so many other men like him, including John Kerry, denigrate themselves quite well with no help from anyone.

All you need to do is arm yourself with the facts. You can do that by reading my blog and the many others that deal in facts, not innuendo and not exposing a person's warts.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Those are the facts. There's no need to denigrate Mr. Barnes. He, like so many other men like him, including John Kerry, denigrate themselves quite well with no help from anyone.

Excellent point - if we can keep the high road then the majority of people will at least assent that we have a legitimate argument instead of wanting to spit bullets because we're spitting bullets. I love the posts I'm seeing where liberals and independents are asking people for blog addresses and such so they can dig a little deeper (great!). It proves some people who we may have thought we'd lost and thought would never listen are listening!

Keep up the good work all, as you sharpen your arguments and deliver them more persuasively to your circles of influence.

Thanks Swift Vets - we honor you and what you did for us all in Viet Nam...

Sleepless in Seattle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: