SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry's history is repeating itself!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Absolut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: John Kerry's history is repeating itself! Reply with quote

I've posted this elsewhere and thought it might be GREAT for a new 30 second Swift Boat spot Smile

Since I work with the military right here in my office I get to hear candid stories from soldiers abroad in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've got to mention that the soldiers over there get to hear and see whats going on back in America. They know about the John Kerry and Bush fight for the white house and they know about the current political war going on here as well.

let's look back 35 years ago to see and hear John Kerry speaking out about the Vietnam war and the things soldiers did in that country. The fact was that POWs from that period now testify that his words were used as propaganda against the US.. It was played through intercom systems and piped into the streets. POWs were treated worse than ever to speak out about the US.

Now, let's fast forward to today.

Recently the stories from a few soldiers about what's going on over there have switched from good things to bad. John Kerry is now speaking out about the Iraq war. With such quotes as this is the "wrong war at the wrong time" and that the money being spent in Iraq could be spent better elsewhere.

The fact is that Kerry is now denouncing another war just as he did 35 years ago. This is not helping any troop morale overseas... In fact it's doing the exact opposite. Is there anyone that thinks speaking out about this war HELPS anything overseas? I doubt it... In fact, it's worsening the situation at an accelerating pace.

He's giving the enemy more things to fight with. Our troops think we are fighting the a war that is wrong, they start to not want to fight anymore.

Am I the only one that sees this? Perhaps I just have a unique perspective into these things because of my position. This is really just my opinion from cahts with fellow soldiers in my office. No, I don't have any links about dropping troop morale or quotes from troops in the field. All I have is what's been told to me and from that alone is very frightening.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you are not the only one.

I see it and so does my family. My Mom sat through night after night with her Mom between 1966 and 1967 hoping an praying that her brother would not be one of the ones to die.

During that period my Grandma wrote to the editor of the local paper about a story that was negative of American soldiers. In those times they would print your address with the article. My Grandma started recieving death threats and letters hoping that her son would die in Nam.

My Mom is terribly troubled by these people who talk down the war as politicians and it reminds her of those days.

My Dad was in the guard 1965 to 1971 and he was flabbergasted by Kerry's testimony even as a guy who did not go to Nam.

People understand more clearly than most think especially here in the heartland where I am.
Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I couldn't agree more. My husband and I were just this morning discussing the similarities in what Kerry did in '72 and what he is doing now to undermine our war effort.

He's a war hero alright, but NOT for our side!

It sure is great to read everybody's comments and know there are a lot of other good, solid, sane, patriotic citizens out there. My grandfather always said, "Give a fool enough rope and he'll hang himself". It looks like John Fool Kerry is well on his way.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sangrun Hunter,
seems that your mom & I had just about the same experience. I know exactly how she felt then and feels now.

This is the very reason why we should fight this with everything we have so that we stop a "repeat" of the past grievous wrongs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: