SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9-11, 3 years out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: 9-11, 3 years out Reply with quote

Here I sit at 12:38 AM on 9-11-2004 thinking once again about where I was on that day and how it affects me to this day.

May we overcome this time of strife and God bless the U.S.

Nothing more to say this time around than that.
djdedeo0
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sitting with you thinking the same. I know were I was. It wasnt in an Aircraft hanger in Jacksonville, Florida. It was in a state of shock. I'll be sitting at work tomorrow thinking about the innocence lost on that day. Have a thoughtful Patriots Day everyone.
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best comment I heard today (on FOXNEWS, since that's the only one with complete coverage) was from the former NY police commissioner. 6 words summed it all up for me. IF WE FORGET.....THEY'LL BE BACK Why is that so difficult for some people to understand?
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a moving ceremony at the WTC site and also at Arlington!
JK is giving his response to GWB's address right now. Since I
have him muted out, I will not be able to hear him accuse GWB
of using 9-11 for political purposes.
susanlprince
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is an "edited" reprint of a post at my blog from 9/11/02:

It's 9/11 2004. Three years later. September 11. It used to be just another day. I mean, pick one...does November 9th mean anything to you? What about February 27th? August 18th? September 11th. We all remember what we were doing at the moment we heard the news. It impacted us all that day. That week. Now, a three years later...we say life isn't the same. How has your life changed? Honestly. How is your life different today, than it was September 10th, 2001? It seemed time stopped for a moment, in shock. Agony. Fear. We took a breath as we reflected on the "important" things in life. But, how are our lives different today? Maybe some things have changed at the airport, but really, my personal life is basically the same as it was September 10, 2001. I have the same job that I love, I have the same roomate and her kids, I have the same family, I have the same daily triumphs and struggles. I know that a great many families suffered loss that awful day, and their lives are being lived without loved ones, but for most of us I believe not much has changed. I thank God for that. I thank God that I live in a country that allows me to worship Him, and a country that takes its freedom seriously. I thank God that He has taken us from September 11th, 2001 to today. I thank God that He is a Comfort to those who suffer. God has blessed America.

I challenge you to think about how you are living your life today. Is it different than it was September 10th, 2001? If not, why? If so, how? Is that a good or bad thing? My life has not changed in any significant way since that dreadful day, and I know why, because my God hasn't changed. He is the same today as He was yesterday, and as He was September 10, 2001. My foundation is in Christ, the Word, and the Word was, the Word is, and the Word will be. Everyone had their world rocked that day the planes hit, but was your foundation shaken? Did your foundation fail? If it did, you built on the wrong foundation.

"Everything works together for the good of everybody who loves God and is called according to His purpose."

-Sue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be here, posting in this forum if not for what happened on 9/11. I wouldn't care enough about the outcome of the election, but for what happened.

Watching on TV from the beginning, increasingly horrified and terrified. One plane, then two, then three, then four. A few hours later, the phone rang. A very dear personal friend and professional associate was on Flt 93. She was a vibrant and beautiful young woman, recently married and becoming established in her chosen career, clearly someone who was making a difference in our community with the promise of many years of contributions to making our home a better place. The ripple effect of what will not now happen because she is not with us is multiplied by all those lost on that day.

This loss was enough reason for me to support our President. I will never forget. As the campaign has evolved, this loss is enough reason to do more, to actively oppose the man who I believe contributed to the attacks, by his lifelong actions and inactions, JFK2. Yes, I believe he is among those directly responsible for 9/11 because of his weakness and deceipt from the 60s all the way through to the present. He must be stopped from doing more harm to our country and to our citizens. First, he must not become President. Next, he must be driven from office and into the obscurity he deserves. Last, he must never be allowed to live without the reminders of what he has done.

Kat (military spouse, retired)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: