SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terry McAuliffe with an insane spin on the forgeries!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Terry McAuliffe with an insane spin on the forgeries! Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hey, is this just insane spin? - wow, they're DESPERATE!

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/11/politics/campaign/11guard.html
Quote:

Democrats promised to continue questioning Mr. Bush's Guard service. At a news conference Friday, Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic Party chairman, said even if the documents were forged, there was enough evidence from official records and other news accounts to say Mr. Bush had not been honest about his Guard time.

"It has become crystal clear that the president has lied to the American public about his military service," Mr. McAuliffe said.

And here's Matley's (the handwriting guy) grand conclusion!?

Quote:
Mr. Matley, the documents expert, said in an interview after the program, that he had examined documents and handwriting since 1985 and had testified in 65 trials. Mr. Matley said the documents the network sent him were so deteriorated from copying that it was impossible to identify the typeface.

"It's sheer speculation to say that you couldn't have done that until a computer came along,'' he said.

As a result, he said, he focused on the signatures.

Sleepless in Seattle
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Terry McAuliffe with an insane spin on the forgeries! Reply with quote

Quote:

Democrats promised to continue questioning Mr. Bush's Guard service. At a news conference Friday, Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic Party chairman, said even if the documents were forged, there was enough evidence from official records and other news accounts to say Mr. Bush had not been honest about his Guard time.

"It has become crystal clear that the president has lied to the American public about his military service," Mr. McAuliffe said.

And my response to this attempt at smokescreen would be:

Swift Boat Vets for Truth promise to continue questioning Mr. Kerry's swift boat service. There is enough evidence from 64 decorated war heroes who personally served with Mr. Kerry, multitudes of Viet Nam POWs who can give personal accounts of how Mr. Kerry's treasonous behavior after his return from Viet Nam was used against them by their captors, official records and other news accounts to say Mr. Kerry had not been honest about his swift boat time and the decorations he claims.

It has become crystal clear that the Senator has lied to the American public about his military service.

Beyond that, the sheer disrespect for the presidency itself shown by McAwful in referring to the President as Mr. Bush is breathtaking considering his position in his Party--C
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this is great news, you should be cheering Mc Awful. hes shooting all his chances in the foot. remember when Kerry first got hit by the swifties and he started making speeches whining for the president to make the bad swiftvets leave him alone. now hes got his party whining for Bush to answer some petty questions about where he may have been in 1972. The balls to do this on 9/11 shows how firmly their priorities are.

Luckily this will overshadow Kerry's new message and make him look bad and Bush as usual taking the high road once again sails along to a sure win.
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one should tell McAuliffe that Staudt "wasn't on the same jet" per the Dallas News article (long since retired)....Kerry would understand THAT.

they can spin this all they like, the bloggers, radioheads and all of us aren't letting it go.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a really raspy voice Bush needs to step up to the camera, shake his finger at the camera and state. I was never AWOL with "That" unit of the Air National Guard. Now I have to get back to the work for the American people.

Then weeks later admit to everyone that he neglected to obtain a physical and became unfit to serve in the Air National Guard and that he was trying to protect his family yadda ydda ya

Then Carl Rove, Condeleza Rice, Dick Cheney, et al fan out with the message.
It was simply reprehensible.

You're right McCawful has lost it
Chukkal
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Who Let the Pigs Out? Reply with quote

Aw-shucks.....McAwful is afraid his job is awash!! Whine~Whine~WHINE!! Laughing
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that if McAuliffe, along with Gore, Biden, Dashle, Kennedy and other party "leaders", could present themselves as cool, confident, refined, respectful and competent, they would. If they and their media minions were having any luck convincing the public without screeching, slandering and spitting, they would. If Dan Rather and CBS could make a sound, clear case against the president without sacrificing the last shred of their journalistic integrity on the altar of "regime change", they would.

They would all like to be boldly confronting evil and shining the light of truth. But that's not an option for them, because the truth won't behave and be what they wish it was. So naturally they are having a hard time resembling people who are secure in their position.
Chukkal
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: McAwful's Record Reply with quote

Did McAwful serve? What's his record?
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct response?????

A SWIFT BOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH response!!!! Cool Cool Cool

A new ad is on cable. Wondering what is the truth????

Watch the ad its a VIDEO of Kerry disgracing our country....

Thanks Dems, all roads lead to Rome. Twisted Evil
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are also just stalling in an effort to come up with a better story. I expect a new lie monday or tuesday.
Chukkal
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Sensitivity Reply with quote

I'd love to see a political cartoon with Kerry, Edwards, McAwful, Kennedy & the rest of his rat pack, lying on a rug kicking and screaming for the Swiftvets to be more "sensitive"....
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to hear James Carvilles take on this. Talk about insane.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: re dem Reply with quote

can anyone please, let me know if the swiftvets dem tomorrow in washington, is going to be on c-span, I am not holding my breath expecting the msm to cover this Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the Swifts' demonstration, it's sponsored by the group at www.kerrylied.com

c-span is the only one that has committed to covering it, but I'm sure the cable networks will be there as well.

Let us pray for a thundering turnout!
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what McCain has to say about this giant, gaping loophole in his unConstitutional campaign reform law? I haven't heard a peep. Talk about dishonest and dishonorable attacks on a candidate's military record!! If you don't have something to attack with, create it!!

As many had predicted, i.e. Rush and Hannity, the press, with a few notable exceptions, is the house organ of the DNC. It is free to them and unrestricted in any way, hiding behind the First Amendment denied, or at least restricted, to us by McCain-Feingold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: