SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYTimes Kerry's Campaign at odds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: NYTimes Kerry's Campaign at odds. Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/11/politics/campaign/11campaign.html?pagewanted=2&hp

Its really not worth reading. Basically of interest to the squirming NY Dems.

But I pulled out a couple of lines that are of interest to SBVT.

It seems that the main concern is these SBVT ads.

>>>>
These friends and former aides, led by David Thorne, a Yale classmate, fellow Navy veteran and brother of Mr. Kerry's first wife, are agitating for the candidate himself to answer what they called the character-assassination attacks of people like Vice President Cheney and members of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. They are pushing for Mr. Kerry to make a dramatic statement of his own to settle voters' doubts about Mr. Kerry's Vietnam War period.

Officials in the campaign, however, including both longstanding consultants like Bob Shrum and new additions like Joe Lockhart and other veterans of the Clinton administration, have balked at such a move, saying it could be a disaster and alienate too many swing voters who would view such an approach as mean-spirited. They said Mr. Kerry would do better to concentrate on issues where he outperforms Mr. Bush in polls, like jobs and health care.
>>>>>
Mr. Kerry's "character has been damaged," said one ranking campaign official, speaking on condition of anonymity. "And the campaign failed to defend the guy. We're in a tough spot. Some of the work we do on George Bush has to come from other parties.'

>>>>>>

Well we are getting our moneys worth Laughing
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they published something without "Todays current up to the minute" talking points and got on the wrong side of Kerry's positions today.

Quote:
Mr. Kerry's "character has been damaged,"

It's not been damaged. It's been revealed. You have to have character before it can be damaged.
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - the SWVTs simply pointed out the flaws that were there to begin with.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Times Reply with quote

"Character has been damaged" and "Failed to defend". Defend what? Kerry lacks character so there is nothing that can be defended. Living in Mass we have know this for years. Now the rest of the country is finding it out.

RHV
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: NYTimes Kerry's Campaign at odds. Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
They are pushing for Mr. Kerry to make a dramatic statement of his own to settle voters' doubts about Mr. Kerry's Vietnam War period.

Now THAT I'd like to see, of course quickly followed by open questioning by the press. He's been running from the media for 5 weeks to avoid that very thing.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: NY Times Kerry Reply with quote

If Kerry did make a statement it would be made in front of only those news outlets that were Kerry friendly. Any questions would be soft balls, nothing he could get in trouble answering.

RHV
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Open questioning by the press Reply with quote

I do remember that AlGore also avoided exactly this same situation for an eternity 4 years ago.. Never understood why

MAXX (from Austria)
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: NY Times Kerry Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:
If Kerry did make a statement it would be made in front of only those news outlets that were Kerry friendly. Any questions would be soft balls, nothing he could get in trouble answering.

RHV

True, but knowing kerry even he will screw that up.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: NY Times Kerry Reply with quote

BC, the more chances Kerry is given to screw up the better.
Thats why his campaign handlers have kept him away from the press for the last 5 weeks. Also notice none of his Band of Brothers are allowed to talk to the media unless they have a handler with them.

RHV
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: NYTimes Kerry's Campaign at odds. Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
NortonPete wrote:
They are pushing for Mr. Kerry to make a dramatic statement of his own to settle voters' doubts about Mr. Kerry's Vietnam War period.

Now THAT I'd like to see, of course quickly followed by open questioning by the press. He's been running from the media for 5 weeks to avoid that very thing.

Ok I need to make this into the joke it is.
I'm from NJ and ...well lately we have been the "butt end"of a few jokes
about our Gov. McGreevy. He's a seriously corrupt official who just happens
to be Gay. Being Gay has nothing to do with McGreevy's sins.

But He did turn his moral corruption relating to graft into a
"hey I'm just gay" defense

Now you don't think that a certain candidate under pressure would do the same???

Say it ain't so Bruce. Rolling Eyes
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: NY Times Kerry Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:
BC, the more chances Kerry is given to screw up the better.
Thats why his campaign handlers have kept him away from the press for the last 5 weeks. Also notice none of his Band of Brothers are allowed to talk to the media unless they have a handler with them.

RHV

I know, it makes me wonder how could someone knowing he can't even handle the press that would give him nothing but softball questions back this creep like they do. If they know he can't handle this how do they think he can handle running this country. Fantasy island maybe but not the U.S.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: NY Times Kerry's Reply with quote

MSM hate Bush so much they don't care if Kerry can handle running the country, only that he defeats Bush. It's not that they love Kerry they just hate Bush.

RHV
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: NY Times Kerry Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:

RHV

Kerry agrees to be interviewed by the media. He will appear on the Larry King Show on Monday.

I can see it now.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Balloon Artist wrote:
Quote:
Mr. Kerry's "character has been damaged,"

It's not been damaged. It's been revealed. You have to have character before it can be damaged.

Well said!

Smile
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote of the day, Balloon Artist. Well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: