SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dan Rather, 60 Minutes and Forgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cminning
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Dan Rather, 60 Minutes and Forgery Reply with quote

Dan Rather's latest foray into the murky doings of 60 Minutes leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

I am a retired Air Force RESERVIST who has a complete set of his own records since 1972. In going over my own records, particularly direct orders, something seems amiss in the 4 May 1972 order by Lt. Col. Killian to 1 Lt. George Bush to take a flight physical. However, since I was in the Reserve and not the Texas Air National Guard, my observations may not be relevant. I need some Texas Guard folks to help me out. I will not address Lt. Col. Killian's "memos for record"; such stuff can pop up out of anywhere and is impossible to verify or deny.

The Killian "memo" to Lt. Bush to report for a flight physical looks phony for the following reasons:
a). The 111th FIS was based at Ellington AFB, TX not at POB 34567 (does this PO Box look suspicious?), Houston, TX 77034.
b). Just what was Killian's position at this time? In my experience with the Air Force Reserve, squadron CO's were usualy full Colonels, not Lt. Colonels. However, I do concede that Lt. Colonels could have ended up as squadron CO's.
c). The format of this "order" doesn't even begin to conform to the "official" correspondence I received in the form of "orders" in the early 1970's.
d). Something as dull and ordinary as an order to report for a flight physical would normally be handled by the squadron adjutant by order of the squadron commander.
e). The physical formatting (i.e., look at the date and its placement on this "order") looks completely screwed up!

Until CBS and Dan Rather reveal their source(s) for this information and furnish the original documents for examination, it will be difficult to close out this disgusting example of American Media bias against George Bush. Is there someone in the Texas Air Guard who can help me out on this? If these documents came out of Lt. Col. Killian's personnel file, I maintain that a significant invasion of privacy has occurred if Killian's family was not notified of this situation. Anyone who has done genealogical research on his own family knows exactly what I'm talking about. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, say so, but do so with convincing evidence. Everything I've heard from Dan Rather and the media mavens at CBS have convnced me that they have no idea of what the concepts of "chain of command", "conduct unbecoming of an officer", and "credibility" are about.

I, for one, am deeply insulted by Dan Rather's (and by association the entire staff of CBS) self serving "it ain't my problem" attitude. My answer, Mr. Rather, is either put up and come up with meaningful answers to our questions or shut up!

Charles P. Minning
Lt. Col., USAFR, ret
ThaLeena
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: forewarning Reply with quote

You'll probably ge sent to Gedunk with the other links.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Yep.... but don't say that like it's purgatory or something! Wink

Some good stuff going on in the Geedunk. Just like around the water cooler in the office. Very Happy
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated copy...

http://www.imao.us/img/bush_awol_memo.jpg
ThaLeena
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Way too funny Reply with quote

THAT IS SOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!

Just as I'm trying to get myself away from this thing you have to hit me with that. I can't wait to see if any more new documents are discovered.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have Dan Rathers email...he might need a story....
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: rather e-mail Reply with quote

Laughing might want to save your energy and time have sent several e-mails to rather all returned, unable to deliver, however I did get one through to cbs cheif moonves
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
updated copy...

http://www.imao.us/img/bush_awol_memo.jpg

So did you type this or do you have a font with the wierd jaggy typing style.

I'm just glad the DNC doesn't have access to your technology. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: