SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new American Revolution!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: A new American Revolution! Reply with quote

One thing that is certain out of all of this is that our Republic is on the road to recovery. The problem is that the media was supposed to be the watchdog to guard against the abuses of government but it instead had become the propaganda arm of the Democratic party. There was no one to watch the watchdog!

Things have changed and just in time!

No longer can a handful of slick politicians and media elites control the information available to the people. Tens of thousands, if not millions, of individuals will beat a few hundred "professional" reporters hands down.

The MSM do not have the financial resources to field as big a pool of investigators and reporters as the internet can bring to bear on any issue.
Within a matter of minutes the process begins. Each item of information is discovered, checked, rechecked, disputed, argued about until a concensus emerges. Each new fact leads to others. People remember things, people know people who were there, someone knows an expert, someone else knows how things were done at the time, and on and on.
Eventually all is revealed.

People this is huge! Full accountability is now demanded by the people! Nothing less can be tolerated. No longer can anyone in public life hope to avoid exposure if they are not completely honest. Character, Integrity, Honesty, and strong moral character are now paramount to any who would seek public office. In addition, promises made by candidates will be vetted and debunked or affirmed. The day of empty promises is over!
There will now be a full discussion of every issue.

This campaign is the equivalent to Concord and Lexington, and we have just fired "The shot heard 'round the world"
http://earlyamerica.com/shot_heard.htm
http://www.hqusareur.army.mil/nurevision%20files/htmlinks/history/shot_heard.htm
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Swifties are the new Minutemen!
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: So my question is.... Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:

What happens after Kerry implodes? Do the Swifties go away or do they stay as a voice of reason? (I caution that Kerry's loss is in no way certain at this time) I just wanted to question what becomes of this forum after the hopeful Kerry distruction?

We have a good thing here.

How do we keep the revolution going to take back our country?
debinNC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:

Old Media (Redcoats) huffily protest the New Media's (Minutemen)
tactic of shooting from behind trees (blogging).
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while wearing pajamas, no less...
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that some manufacturer will make us some pajamas with swift boats printed all over them? Perhaps in Navy and White?
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
while wearing pajamas, no less...

That is so (deliciously, as the girlei-men media would say) funny.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: irony Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be ironic that Kerry helped the guys in the black pajamas in the jungles of Nam, only to get his ass kicked 30+ years later by others wearing pajamas?

Last edited by PC on Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy pajamas with swift boats on them, as long as they had feet.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and a button flap.

It's that CYA thing, y'know.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday night I felt like I was watching the 2nd revolution on the web.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one and I wait almost holding my breath to see what the MSM can cook up on Monday morning to expalin themselves.

After watching the Vets march today I'm sure that more vets will join in and there followers like me.

How will the MSM be able to ignore it? They cannot! They will feel the wrath and have to change their ways after this weekend.

We caught them and we all got fed up at the same time.

We're tired of it and we are not going to take it anymore!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Do you think that some manufacturer will make us some pajamas with swift boats printed all over them? Perhaps in Navy and White?

Does wearing a nightgown count? Red, white and blue boats....

I cracked up about the p.j. comment - I was so glued to the computer Friday that it was noon before I could tear myself away to change! Very Happy
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Powerline:

The end of the network news era

I doubt there are many areas of agreement between Power Line and media critic Tom Rosenstiel. However, we do agree that, as Rosenstiel puts it in today's Washington Post, we have reached "the end of the era of network news." And we agree that this has occurred because "the networks abdicated their authority with the American people."

Rosenstiel bases his conclusion on reasoning very different than ours. He relies mainly on the fact that the major networks chose not to provide meaningful coverage of the two political conventions this year. Thus, more people watched the Republican convention on Fox than on any other network. I suspect that Rosenstiel considers this an "abdication" in the sense that the major networks gave up their right to spin the Republican goings-on, leaving the work to non-liberals. By contrast, we believe that the networks are still spinning and that the end of the era is the result of (1) the depths to which they are willing to sink and (2) the emergence of rival sources of information to point out these depths.

Rosenstiel argues that network journalism was originally designed to create prestige, but that the networks no longer care much about the prestige of their news organizations. We are dubious of "golden age of television journalism" claims, and suspect that the networks believe their news organizations will retain prestige enough by continuing to tilt towards "right-thinking" candidates and causes. They underestimate both the "pajama" crowd and the American people.

The dictionary defines "abdication" as (1) renunciation or (2) failure to undertake or fulfill a duty. Rosenstiel thinks the major networks abdicated in the first sense; we think they abdicated in the second. And we believe that it is the MSM as a whole, not just the broadcast networks, that is abdicating.

Posted by deacon at 11:41 AM | Permalink | TrackBack (10)

I think the concensus if forming.

By the way, I prefer my grey Michigan State athletic shorts with matching Michign State green & white t-shirt. Go Spartans!
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: So my question is.... Reply with quote

knightowl77 wrote:
What happens after Kerry implodes? Do the Swifties go away or do they stay as a voice of reason? (I caution that Kerry's loss is in no way certain at this time) I just wanted to question what becomes of this forum after the hopeful Kerry distruction?

We have a good thing here.

How do we keep the revolution going to take back our country?

Good question! That is for the Swifties to decide - where they want to go for here.
There are plenty of other forums for participatory journalism. Hang around here for even a little while and you will hear about them.

I think that the veterans of America are the point of the spear in this new revolution. I think they have found their voice and will not stop untill all the lies are destroyed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: