SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Veteran's rally in DC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Vietnam Veteran's rally in DC Reply with quote

I just watched the swift vets rally, it was carried in it's totality on c-span and was great! Than at 5:30 they had an interview with John O Neill and another author, ( don't recall his name), the book was" deriliction of duty". after the interview they answered questions. It was also very good.

(edited title - this was not a SBVFT event. EJ)
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: ralley in dc Reply with quote

the book review interview and q & A will be repeated on c-span on Maonday, 13 at noon. John O Niell is so cool , leaves no question unanswered. I'm para phrasing when asked if he would have John Kerry lead him into battle, he answered he would rather have NOONE lead him than john Kerry.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it. Will it be repeated?
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
I missed it. Will it be repeated?

yes, Mon 13 at noon
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that noon eastern?

More importantly is it C-Span or C-Span II. I need to preset a recorder tonight so I can get it tomorrow.

Thanks
________
Squirting Blonde

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it listed on the schedule for noon or any time tomorrow, but it's going to replay tonight at 2am EST on c-span.

At midnight EST, on c-span2, there will be a replay of John O'Neill and Buzz Patterson speaking to the Commonwealth Club of California.

IMO, both are "Don't miss" programs.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Here's Great Overview of Rally Reply with quote

with terrific photos too

http://joatmoaf.typepad.com/i_love_jet_noise/

http://dislogue.dansch.net/archives/000129.html

http://www.lucianne.com/threads2.asp?artnum=168969

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/007811.php
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Subject for a New Ad? Reply with quote

Is there any possibility of using some short, poignant excerpts from the 9/12/04 Veteran's Rally in a new SBVT ad, possibly combined with excerpts from Kerry's 1971 testimony before the Senate?

Maybe, start with Kerry before the Senate, a 9/12/2004 denunciation by veterans (or an excerpt from Steve Pitkin's testimony about Kerry coercing him into testifying), followed by a voice-over: "John Kerry does NOT support our troops, not then, not now."

Some of what was said at the rally was extremely powerful. My French wife, who has been brainwashed by leftist French TV for years, told me that if everybody in America saw that rally, Bush would win with 80% of the vote!

I would settle for 55%, but the point is that if those speeches could sway a French pacifist, what would they do for American "swing voters"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: