SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March on the Winter Soldiers site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: March on the Winter Soldiers site. Reply with quote

I would like to organize a march on the site of the Winter Soldier Investigation In Detroit, Michigan. I am going to go tomorrow and scope out the site. I do not think the Howard Johnson is located there anymore. My understanding is that it was the Howard Johnson Moter Lodge located on W. Grand Boulivard and the John C. Lodge Freeway. I have never done anything like this so I would appreciate any suggestions on how to orgainze this type of march. Maybe we could ask John Kerry to participate in the march. He may have something to say to the Veteran Heros of America.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any experience either and I don't live any where near there but I think its a great idea and I hope you are able to get some support for it.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be called "Winter Soldier II" and the veterans could do good deeds along the route of the march, the way the real veterans did in Vietnam.
There could be a hearing of veteran's stories telling what really happened. All vets testifying will have their DD214's, service records, and signed affadavits of course.
I think you are on to something here!
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should hand deliver a letter....be sure to tell all the press first....that last one seemed to get a ton of coverage.

I also seriously think this should be considered and option to Senator Kerry by the Swiftvets....A march to deliver a letter at once of his campaign stops...or to his home. I see no reason why the media won't eat this up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: