SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry’s Commitment by Charlie Daniels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Kerry’s Commitment by Charlie Daniels Reply with quote

You just gotta love Charlie Daniels

John Kerry came to Nashville to address a veteran’s organization the day after George Bush had done the same thing.

I was unable to catch Mr. Bush’s speech but happened to be in the house while TV was broadcasting Mr. Kerry’s speech.

Mr. Kerry said a lot of things he was going to do but he didn’t say how he was going to do them.

For instance, Mr. Kerry seems to think that we can depend on the United Nations. Even if the United Nations is peopled by nations, which hate the U.S.A. and wouldn’t give us air if we were in a jug, much less come to our aid militarily?

The only thing some of these nations feel for us is envy, jealousy and disdain.

For instance, he said that he would have called on our NATO allies to help out in Iraq. Did the call not go out? And how many answered?

For instance, Mr. Kerry has stated that he would increase our active duty military by forty thousand people. Since we now have an all-volunteer army and are having trouble now filling the quotas. Would he reinstitute the draft?

He spoke in glowing terms about our present day military. What about the thousands he accused of being rapists, murderers and pillagers during the Vietnam war? Wouldn’t a small apology be in order?

Mr. Kerry takes great pride in saying that he would raise taxes on everybody making over two hundred thousand dollars a year. He’s always accusing President Bush of supporting tax cuts for the rich.

Did you ever stop and wonder why some of the staunchest supporters of tax hikes are extremely rich men who’s family fortune is self proliferating old money, beyond the reach of the federal government’s greedy paws?

How can Mr. Kerry claim to be pro military when he has voted against almost all of our major weapon systems?

He also voted for a nuclear freeze while President Ronald Reagan was in the midst of the Cold War, which by the way we won resoundly from a position of strength, nuclear bans notwithstanding.

In my opinion, America’s true friends can be counted on one hand, with some fingers left over. To depend on anyone other than ourselves for our defense would be the height of folly.

At the danger of sounding redundant, the United Nations is about as useless as mammary glands on a boar hog. A toothless, blustering, debating society, which should never, never be trusted with an army. If I had my way not one more man or woman wearing the uniform of America would ever don a blue beret.

There is a lot of pretty wrapping on Mr. Kerry’s statements but is there anything inside?

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: