SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Operation Fortunate Son?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Operation Fortunate Son? Reply with quote

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc77.htm

So the DNC is getting ready to unload this week? They must be desperate....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't believe that the Democrats think this is the best way to get Kerry elected. They've gone off the deep end.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the better for the Swiftees!!!
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omigawd. Why don't they just cut to the chase and charge Bush
with Mopery with intent to Gawp, and be done with it.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush: Operation Fortunate Son
Kerry: Operation Desparate Bum
Kerry: Operation Fortunate Husband

Wasn't there some 60's era song that contained the phrase "Fortunate Son" ?

Are these people stuck in a time warp?

I don't know about you all, but I have worked my entire adult life to try to give my children the best opportunities possible in terms of education. I can only pray they would serve their country half as well as President Bush has. I was unaware trying to lift your children up was now a shameful thing.

If Bush, indeed, was a "Fortunate Son" than how providential for us that he turned his "good fortune" into half a lifetime of worthwhile public service.

So now it is "Fortunate Son", eh? What happened to "W is for WRONG"?
They didn't like all the things "F" could stand for?

A fortunate daughter myself--and trying to return the favor in every way I can,
--kimmymac
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kerry people have already launched their attack.

1. CBS 60 Minutes National Guard memos.

2. Kitty Kelly book that alledged that Bush snorted cocaine at Camp David.

3. Democrats launch attacks calling Bush a liar because he put "I proudly served in the Air Force and Air National Guard" on a campaign flyer from 1978 when he lost his bid to run for Congress.

Results of this Blistering Attack...

1. CBS is running for cover after it was exposed that the memos were bogus and their reporting was less than truthful. All "expert witnesses" quoted by CBS and all "trump card" witnesses are now backtracking and recanting their stories. The connection between Dan Rather, his daughter, Ben Barnes and the Kerry people is SOLID, compared to the intricate web of "Karl Rove's ex-roomate's cousin's friend" web the NYTimes wove.

2. NBC's valiant attempt to break into the voter mind with a three day book blitz will fall on deaf ears since Kitty Kelly's main source, Neil Bush' ex-wife has come out calling Kitty Kelly a liar and calling the cocaine story bogus. Newsweek and CNN won't touch the story.

3. A review of Bush's records indicates that his flight training was reviewed and signed by members of the USAF. Bush trained with Air Force pilots....since the Air National Guard pilots learned to fly...(shocker) Air Force jets.

The Kerry people are really spinning out of control. Keep up the fight everyone. We can't stop til the election is over.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:

Wasn't there some 60's era song that contained the phrase "Fortunate Son" ?
--kimmymac

Yes there was!

"Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Link here: http://www.creedence-revisited.com/music.html
Play track 18
Enjoy!

The un-official Kerry campaign song!

Did John Fogerty know JF'nK back then?
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2, Thanks, I thought there was. Oh yes, there are advantages to having a brain that soaks everything up and hangs on to seemingly worthless information, after all. If nothing else, it keeps me amused.

Wouldn't you think the Kerry people would have checked this out and considered the possible ramifications before they named this latest smear tactic "Operation Fortunate Son"? I know they probably think they are being just too cutesy clever for words, but there is such a thing as "too cute" and "too clever".

It is so easy to parody. Honestly, these people are not even giving us good sport in their ham handed attempts at playing hardball. Playing the old worn out class warfare card when their candidate is a job-outsourcing millionaire, that shamelessly courted heiresses and rich widows until he finally found one with sufficiently low self esteem and anti-American feeling to marry him? Man oh man, if this were a pick-up football game, we would have to spot them 3 goals.

I think you ought to post this link with a little blurb on any other websites you may visit, Hammer2.

Can you email FOX news and see if they will pick up the Credence Clearwater Unofficial Kerry campaign song aspect? I have to go PT and don't have time right now. A pre-emptive strike would be excellent. Maybe Cavuto would get a kick out of this, I don't know.

I hope someone in the Bush campaign picks up on this!

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't the fortunate one, yeah yeah...it ain't me, it ain't me, unless you consider Heinz, yeah yeah...
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and you know the excellent little vid on "Right Now" that is circulating on the web? It was posted here on Friday, I think. Wouldn't it be great if one could be done with the song and scenes parodying Kerry?

I don't know how feasible it would be in terms of copyright laws, etc., but it would sure be fun.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senators son, naw naw, it ain't me, it ain't me, I had to marry my money, yeah yeah...
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the link at Hannity.com
Thanks for the idea!
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also sent the link to Gary MacNamara at WBAP, our local talk radio station. They have a guy there named Stubie Doak who does hilarious song parodies. Maybe they'll run with it. If they do, I'll post a link.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, remind me not to hire any of these people if I ever run for an office.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He paid money for this help? Nawwww....I think some of these people volunteered to "help" Kerry, msindependent.

Shoot, I should have volunteered to help his campaign. I am highly qualified--after all, no one wants Kerry to lose more than I do. Except, evidently, Kerry.

Hammer2, you da man! Thanks for doing that, keep me posted, please.

"Reporting for duty" for "Operation Fortunate Son!" I am Kerry the Inane, defender of the Average Joe, champion of the downtrodden from the safety and comfort of one of my palatial estates. I show my solidarity with you by wearing a 75 dollar designer shirt, sleeves rolled up, to show I am "Reporting for Duty." For your sake, Average Joe (or as Tereeezza likes to call you, "Average Idiots") I will attack the eee-villll President for outsourcing America, while I am a major stock holder of corporations that operate from India, Mexico and Bangladesh.

But think about it folks: roughly 47 percent of voters think he is Presidential material.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Fortunate Son? Reply with quote

Oh, by the way, which fortunate son was sent off to Swiss boarding school? Which fortunate son grew up on an island, away from all us mainland peons? Which fortunate husband was saved from campaign bankruptcy twice by the Merry Widow Teresa Heinz?

A few months ago, all four candidates disclosed their financial statements. Trial Lawyer John Edwards' net worth is more than the "fortunate son" Bush and Dick Cheney combined. John Kerry's net worth is more than the three others (Bush, Cheney, and Edwards) combined.

John Kerry found a new way to make money--he married it, TWICE !!!
Meanwhile, the "fortunate son" married a school teacher--not exactly the fastest way to get rich--but he stayed with her for love, not money!!!

"Fortunate Son", beware the Prodigal Gigolo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: