SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox News Report, Sunday attacks on Bush are hurting him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Fox News Report, Sunday attacks on Bush are hurting him Reply with quote

I watched fox news report or info on Sunday. It has Cal Thomas and a woman jane something, a Neal , and another guy. Thye aren't too bad. They were discusing the neg ads regarding Bush's guard service, and a few of them said it was having a neg effect on bush. The liberals in the group. Neal, jane both just smiled so large. I guess the dems are trying to "pay back" the Bush people for the swift boat ads. They are so stupid, Bush is not involved. Personally, I do not see how the few things they have said about Bush, even if they were all true, could impact him that much.
bhlewis
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will have a little negative affect theirs now doubt about it. Their are zombies still that will only beleive the statements framed by the MSM. When the focus isn't on Kerry, his ratings aren't going to change much. Bush needs to speak up against his critics and accusers at the NG rally.
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Fox News Report, Sunday attacks on Bush are hurting hi Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
I watched fox news report or info on Sunday. It has Cal Thomas and a woman jane something, a Neal , and another guy. Thye aren't too bad. They were discusing the neg ads regarding Bush's guard service, and a few of them said it was having a neg effect on bush. The liberals in the group. Neal, jane both just smiled so large. I guess the dems are trying to "pay back" the Bush people for the swift boat ads. They are so stupid, Bush is not involved. Personally, I do not see how the few things they have said about Bush, even if they were all true, could impact him that much.

If you say anything long enough no matter how ridiculous it is some people will believe it....That DNC crowd loves to throw lots of mud, some will stick.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Richards was the first to attack Bush's national guard service to no avail. Gore tried in 2000 and the Dems have brought it up a couple of times since, all to no or minimal impact. While I think its great that MSM is being discredited, I am concerned that some people are playing into Carville and Begala's hands by getting too defensive about this. This is not like the Swift ads. The Dems and MSM sold the American people a false bill of goods by portraying Kerry as this great patriot and war hero. People know Bush and his past. There's nothing revealing here. The only way this will have any impact is if Bush supporters let the MSM keep it on the front page. All the meanwhile, Keryy is not being properly scrutinized and getting away with making ridiculous statements. I want Bush to win so bad. Lets not take our eye off he ball and let the Dems and the MSM dictate the course of the debate. American eyes have to be on Kerry record and past, not Bush's.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno how much its hurting Bush. Zogby just turned Maine into a swing state. Bush and Kerry are tied. thats almost unheard of. This may taper Bush's lead but that probably would have happened anyway without help from the DNC. What they dont mention though is that hurting Bush doesnt generate votes for Kerry. I bet polls will go up next week becuase of the CBS scam.
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild, I wonder if you're not referring to Fox News Watch hosted by Eric Burns. Respesenting the conservative viewpoint was Cal Thomas and Jim Pinkerton. The liberal viewpoint was represented by Jane Hall and Neal Gabler.

I watched the show Saturday and was surprised that none of the panelists -- not even Gabler, the liberal media apologist -- seemed to think that the CBS documents on Bush's TANG service were real.

However, their explanation as to why CBS was sticking with its story left me scratching my head and saying, "Huh?"

The consensus seemed to be that the media's overreaction to the Swift Boat Vets ads was being counterbalanced with an overreation to the story on Bush's Guard service.

In my view, the media never gave the Swift Boat Vets for Truth enough attention or credence. How the organization's ads can be used as an excuse to treat forged documents as legitimate news is beyond me.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane is a journalism professor and has been for years. (Can people home school for college? - j/k)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: