SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally, a positive message regarding troops in Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Finally, a positive message regarding troops in Iraq Reply with quote

On today's briefing by a few of Kerry's followers on CSPAN that followed the Vietnam Veteran's for Truth rally, there were 2 Iraqi Freedom Veterans on there protesting our involvement over there. There statements truly upset me about the US being over there to settle a score for the Bush's.

Well, I found this article that captures just what our armed forces have helped the Iraqi's do in a short period of time.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20040825-085738-5773r.htm

As an active duty member in the USAF I'm appalled at seeing this war turned into a politcal game at the expense of the 26 million Iraqi's and worse my fellow servicemen that are over there fighting and dying for a just cause. The current armed forces knew the fighting in Iraq would get bad, especially with the insurgents and power struggles, but we knew it was for more than just removing the WMD from Sadam. We knew the atrocities he committed to his people and that he supported terrorist. And, if we weren't the ones to liberate these people and estable a safe democratic nation, then who would? France? heh

Bottom Line: The military forces in Iraq should not be used by a less than honorable candidate to justify his cause to get into the White House.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one of the troops that I've heard from have any questions about why they are there.

They tell me to keep the faith and not believe the news media, so that's what I do. They tell me that hearing about the news at home is one of the few things that really gets them down, and that breaks my heart.

Those people are enduring all kinds of dangers, deprivations and annoyances on my behalf. The least I can do is trust them and know that they are performing near-miracles under incredibly difficult conditions.

God bless every single one.

We WILL keep faith with you.
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for butting in here, but I just know you'll enjoy this site. So much wonderful work is being done, and friendships forged with locals that the MSM somehow 'misses'.

http://www.untoldiraq.org/index.cfm
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: This doom and gloom Iraq s**t is getting old Reply with quote

I have been in Iraq several times and my company is glued at the hip with a lot of teams over there. Let me clue ya in on something

The troops hate the way the media is covering the mission (CNN and BBC are by and large despised as much as al arybia and their ilk). The Fox nework and Sky News are the heat in the eyes of at least the SF teams in the north.

The troops have extremely high moral (as matter in fact the ones who do ***** (and thats part of their duties and responsibilities) are the poor bastards stuck in the "safe" areas ie Victory and the Green Zone etc. and that ***** is more along the lines of boredom

Reinlistment is high over there / Most folks here at Bragg cant wait to get back (beats post support i guess)

This military of proffesionals arent like the libs portray them to be - they ALL volunteered to protect and defend the United States and they know that 100%. And they [u]WANT [/u] to be there.

I am so sick of the news people portraying our troops as victims of the USA - these are profesional soldiers that are proud of what they are doing. they are mission focused (the Dimocrats are too stupid to figure the mission out).

The SF guys love what they are doing and genuinly love the people (mostly kurds) they are working with. I talked to one guy outta group who actually took his leave in country to spend time with a kurd family - gotta love that.

another of my friends said quote " this is a perfect war, we hook them up with their virgins and we get to wack islamic extremists that hate the USA and would think nothing of detonating a vest bomb on my daughters school bus in fayetteville - there is NO downside to this mission"

Tim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Veterans...

Here's a great link.
http://www.clermontyellowribbon.com/untilthenflash.htm

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: