SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'reilly is in Denial about Rathergate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: O'reilly is in Denial about Rathergate Reply with quote

O'reilly is showing himself to be a real dunce. Any journalist that can not conclude that the Memos are frauds, is just not reading the information.

Tonight on his show he claims that "Rather would never do this"

Instead of O'reilly looking at the facts, he overwhelmed the story with his own personal bias and notions on who Dan Rather is.

Is Denial...just Spin? No.
Its past tense ..... Denial is SPUN
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR is only interested in fattening his own bank account. It isn't a matter of "who's looking out for you," with him, it's "I'm looking out for me."
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested in hearing his take on this, but my boycott of O'Reilly continues. Thanks for keeping me updated.
Bill usually hammers the liberal bias in the media, especially the NYT, its suprising he is letting Rather get away with his fraud.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR says..."he has a headache, he was reading everything he could get to read today, USA Today, Time, Newsweek..."

perhaps his reading material is a big part of the problem!
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool----When O'reilly says " I don't know if the documents are real or not I will let the experts fight it out" its simply amazing how close to

"I don't know what was going on in Vietnam, I can not say who is telling the truth, I will just let the Veterans battle it out.

That he can suddenly not come up with an informed opinion after review the facts, is just pathetic.
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly should have watched Britt Hume interview the former U.S. Dept. of Treasurey forgery expert on Fox News tonight. She had no trouble identifying the documents as fakes.

Last edited by grandforker on Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how O'Reilly said about bloggers "i Dont trust them". I shot off an e-mail to O'Reilly saying he is all confused. The principle reason why bloggers are growing enormously is because they "dont trust" politicians and others and are exploiting them for their lies, distortions, flip-flops, etc. O'Reilly has it all wrong. People should be scrutinized for their obvious lies, and bias. Because bloggers frequently bring this to the forefront O'Reilly doesnt "trust them", and wont "talk to them"??
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry, Hannity gets better ratings and will devote his entire show to the memos and even have 2 guard officers on who remember Bush.

BOR is a numbskull
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will get the rest of you to stop watching BOR. He is nearly as big a fraud as Rather.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR is a hack I am convinced, He tried to redeem himself under pressure to interview O'Neill, But now he sticks up for Rather and trashes the bloggers. The guy is a hack. Every legitimate source has discredited thees forgeries but we are all suppose to ignore this because of Rather's word which is the only source he has left. BOR is evident ally afraid the INTERNET will take his place also. Remember BOR goes way back with Rather The MSM does not hold their monopoly anymore and us average Joe's get heard and the don't like that and are pushing back come on really how partisan ally pathetic is Rather and CBS and BOER for that matter they make me sick
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Not to worry, Hannity gets better ratings and will devote his entire show to the memos and even have 2 guard officers on who remember Bush.BOR is a numbskull

Hannity is really "da man" these days. He has been for Swift-Vets since the he first broke the first ad on TV, within hours of it first showing up on Drudge.... Hannity was on it Day 1.

Arguably we are still waiting for O'reilly to start coverage of any significance

BOR classic story of guy fighting against the system then getting his invitation to join the system and he accepts and becomes Vanilla
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably gonna put in for Rather's job in a few months when Rather gets his rear kicked out so he has to be nice to CBS.
Se7eN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannity is the 'Fair' in 'Fair & Balanced' though. He has Colmes. It allows each one to take a side.

BOR, on the other hand, is solo. He has to be both 'Fair' and 'Balanced' so playing two roles forces him to try to be as middle-road as possible, letting people do the speaking for their sides and then comment positively or negatively.

Not to defend BOR. I don't always agree with what he says. Sean leads his show and takes charge for his message(even though Colmes waits his turn patiently to spew DNC talking points) where BOR lets the speakers he invites lead the show. Bias will seep through and give you the impression of where the show leans. It's too bad BOR is too spineless to break that whole F&B thing(I mean come one, Fox plays ads for both sides, and invites tons of liberals to shows, isn't that enough?), Fox has already proven its channel is the most fair and balanced. I think it's not a bad idea for BOR to finally take a stand on at least who dictates his show. Which would ultimatley force him to pick a side. I don't think he can do that though..
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with the Big O' and so id my wife.

She says to me tonight "Why are we watching him? He's become an ass"

I couldn't say it better than her!
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail to O'Reilly:

Quote:
Bill--

Dan Rather had all the time in the world and all the recourses of CBS News at his disposal to vet the documentation for his story and either cannot or will not provide the name of anyone other than a handwriting expert to half-heartedly validate the authenticity of one of the four items, yet thousands of rank amateurs all over the blogosphere uncovered the inconsistencies in one day--If he didn't know that he was using falsified documents to support his story, it could only mean that he didn't want to know--

If Rather chooses to go down with the ship on this one, I'm more than happy to see him do it--C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: