SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dan Rather still pressing the issue...and forging ahead...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Dan Rather still pressing the issue...and forging ahead... Reply with quote

Driving home from work today, listening to talk radio. The host suddenly went ballistic with an anti-Dan Rather rant.

He had the CBS news channel on in the station. Apparently...*sigh*...Rather is STILL insisting the memos are real....and they dug up some "expert" who is stating that yes, yes it WAS possible in 1972 to produce those memos, the technology existed...AND he has questions for the President...serious questions, that need answering about his National Guard service.

This is really beyond the pale people. I mean seriously. CBS news is hanging by their fingernails to an argument that was over before it started. The documents are FAKES!!! Did technology exist in 1972 that could create those documents?....yes, sure, find me a printing company, an executive marketing firm, somebody who was an IBM typing freak who loved changing balls and typesets and felt ink ribbons and using incorrectly sized paper and headings and formats and had 20,000 dollars to spend....on FOUR (secretly filed) documents out of thousands from a small National Guard Airbase.....and I'll stipulate.

Other than that....fakes... The End. Fin...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather and CBS are using the forgery story as a springboard from which to spew their anti-Bush rhetoric. They're gonna ride that bull till it throws 'em.
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In contrast, Britt Hume had a former Treasury Department forgery expert on Fox News who said the documents were fakes. She even said that Killian's signature was forged and explained how she knew. It really makes you wonder what the CBS expert was looking at.
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Dan Rather still pressing the issue...and forging ahead. Reply with quote

the0point wrote:
Did technology exist in 1972 that could create those documents?....yes, sure, find me a printing company, an executive marketing firm, somebody who was an IBM typing freak who loved changing balls and typesets and felt ink ribbons and using incorrectly sized paper and headings and formats and had 20,000 dollars to spend....on FOUR (secretly filed) documents out of thousands from a small National Guard Airbase.....and I'll stipulate.

Actually, to really get the spacing to precisely match what Microsoft Word does, you'd have to have the Microsoft Word document in 1972 so you could use it as an example.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Dan Rather....where did you put that Time Machine? That's the only way those memos could be real.

Truth is Beauty
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Rather won't admit to the forgeries until after the election. He will suck as much out of this fraud as he can. He does not care about the truth. His network backs him 100%. The MSM is in its death throes and Dan Rather is helping it expire sooner than later. They are rapidly become irrelevant.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep emailing eceryone you can at CBS daily.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Had Rather stood up and feigned shock that the memos might be false, and then hired another expert or at least addressed the possibility that he and CBS might have been duped, we would not be sitting here talking about typesetting. But Rather has been outed, so to speak, as a braying, defensive, partisan hack who has no more integrity than Jayson Blair. Perhaps he should be shaking his fist at his source - or himself - instead of bloggers.

http://asmallvictory.net/archives/007439.html

Braying, defensive, partisan hack! God I just love when she talks that way.
AF
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Dan Rather as Bumbling Twit Reply with quote

I would say that Dan Rather's continued insistence of the authenticity of such obviously forged documents is a boon to the Republicans. This will blow up in his face and while Rather may preserve his job if not his dignity, Kerry is most certainly going to go down because of it.

This reinforces my view that liberals, and Dan Rather in particular are just a bunch of Bumbling Twits completely bereft of ideas and inspiration.

Cheers,
Arthur F.

p.s. Arrogance should never be mistaken for Intellect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: