SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP GET C-SPAN TO POST THE RALLY ON THE WEB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: HELP GET C-SPAN TO POST THE RALLY ON THE WEB Reply with quote

IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT

I called C-SPAN today to ask if they were going to be posting the Kerry Lied Rally on the web at www.c-span.org since they were posting the KLASS stuff from earlier Sunday. I indicated to them that not posting the rally failed to present a balanced perspective.

Indeed, Associated Press and almost every print new article which I read that cited the Klass stuff also cited the Rally.

They essentially said they couldn't post everything because of limited space but one person did say that while he couldn't transfer me through to the programing people who handled this decision process if enough people would call and leave messages on the viewer message board he was sure that they would consider posting the video.

SO HERE WE GO AGAIN. We need everyone who has been involved in the rally and who has been out there supporting the Swiftvets and our Vietnam Veterans to go to bat one more time.

The phone number for the C-SPAN viewer message board is:

(765) 464-3080

Please forward this message to everyone you know who can help us.

mdcrandall

Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake

(edited to correct phone number - EJ)
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: c-span and pbs , commies Reply with quote

the jim "lear's" show,

the gwen awful

the "lbj's" pocket watch, (lbj just took him out and looked at him now

and then) x/lie in chief of lbj , "marshall tex" fool "jim moyers" and

the rest are "carring on "leinns work on our $$$$$$" and the

nut case "commie public who send them $$$$ "lie money"

Moyers last quoteof un merritt, " the last hijacked plane was

"crashed by the hijackers into a field in Penn."

NOT ONE WORD OF THE AMERICANS INSIDE WHO CAUSED IT

JUST,, THE HIJACKERS CRASHED THE LAST PLANE

SPIDER, LIER, BACK SHOOTER,

so what he got a big "word use brain" its all the more loss for look at

what he does with his "gift"
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They essentially said they couldn't post everything because of limited space but one person did say that while he couldn't transfer me through to the programing people who handled this decision process if enough people would call and leave messages on the viewer message board he was sure that they would consider posting the video

EXCELLENT RECOMMENDATION! THIS IS A GREAT POST. IF EVERYONE HERE WOULD MAKE A QUICK CALL THE PRESSURE WILL BE ON! I'M ON THE WAY TO MY PHONE! Razz

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail C-Span if you can't call or do both!

mailto:events@c-span.org
minivanmom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: CSpan Telephone number Reply with quote

I have been reading all of your wonderful posts for a few weeks now. Thank you so much vets - I have made a pledge to thank every Vietnam Vet I meet for the rest of my life! I tried the CSpan phone number posted but it isn't CSpan. I verified the number with the person I did reach. I plan on emailing and will call if another number gets posted. I no longer want to just be a reader, I want to help, and see the rally if we can get them to put it on their website. Keep it up! minivanmom
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: C-span phone number Reply with quote

Hello,
I just joined this phenomenal website after avidly reading every msg since the beginning of August. I just wanted to let someone know that the phone number for c-span posted [(765) 464-2900] is incorrect. I called it and the person who answered wanted to know where I got the number. I just said some website without any details. She said they have been inundated with calls, but they are not associated with C-span--she didn't even know what c-span was!
These are the numbers on the website:
C-SPAN TELEPHONE NUMBERS

Main Number: (202) 737-3220
Viewer Services: (765) 464-3080 (for programming questions)
C-SPAN Archives: (877) ON CSPAN or (877) 662-7726 (to order tapes)
PROGRAMMING QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Viewer Services: Questions about our schedule, how to buy videotapes, and for any other general comments about C-SPAN - viewer@c-span.org
I think viewer services is the number to call. Please correct this if it is wrong.

I also wanted to thank EVERYONE who has a part in making this happen. I am 42 years old, and was fairly young when the Vietnam War was occuring. My memories are the 6:00 Eyewitness News showing helicopter footage over and over again. I was unaware as a 8 year old of the war, but was totally aware of the Apollo Moon landing. I don't know why exactly. My father served stateside during the Korean War. My uncle was a WWII vet who lost his left arm at age 19 after his ship, the Ticonderoga was hit by a kamikaze. He was an amazing, capable, successful family man and I think because I loved him so much, I developed a very special feeling for ALL veterans and always tried to make myself aware of the incredible sacrifice of our military. I took my kids to Washington D.C. a few years ago because I had read to them about Vietnam, and I wanted them to SEE the sacrifice by seeing the wall and Arlington National Cemetary. What I am trying to say (maybe not very well) is that I am in total awe of Vietnam vets, not more so than others because of the fighting they experienced, but because of how they managed to live successful lives IN SPITE of not having the support from their fellow Americans when they returned. I thank you all for your service and do not want that disrespect of veterans to EVER happen again.

~ILUVTHEUSA
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, people when posting phone numbers of Media Organisations, PLEASE Make sure you have the correct number!
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Correctness of number Reply with quote

Apologies. I will personally call and apolgies to the person who got inundated with calls but I specifically asked the number when on the phone with a C-SPAN representative and they read it to me. I read it back to them TWICE and they confirmed the number TWICE. I should have called it anyway afterward just to triple check. Once again I apologize for the error and am furious at being given a wrong number but lets still get this done.

THE CORRECT NUMBERS AS POSTED AT C-SPAN ARE:

C-SPAN TELEPHONE NUMBERS

Main Number: (202) 737-3220
Viewer Services: (765) 464-3080 (for programming questions)
C-SPAN Archives: (877) ON CSPAN or (877) 662-7726 (to order tapes)
Employment with C-SPAN: (202) 626-7983

Washington Journal: Democrats (202) 585-3881
Washington Journal: Republicans (202) 585-3880
Washington Journal: Others (202) 585-3882

C-SPAN EMAIL ADDRESSES

C-SPAN PROGRAMMING: SEND COMMENTS/QUESTIONS
Book TV: booktv@c-span.org
Booknotes: booknotes@c-span.org
C-SPAN Radio: radio@c-span.org
Washington Journal: Ask a Guest a Question
Washington Journal: Contact the Producers

PROGRAMMING QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Viewer Services: Questions about our schedule, how to buy videotapes, and for any other general comments about C-SPAN - viewer@c-span.org

Suggest Events: Submit a public event that you think C-SPAN should cover - events@c-span.org

mdcrandall

Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Geedunk & Scuttlebutt Reply with quote

Since John O'Neil was one of the speakers I originally posted this under the SWIFTVETS thread but I see I got moved down to Geedunk and Scuttlebut. Probably as a result of the wrong phone number fiasco which I am still steamed over. I will assume that was a simple error on the part of the person who provided the number but I did read it back to him TWICE and he did confirm it so take your own read on how it happened.

ANYWAY WE DO NEED EVERYONES HELP SO LETS GET THIS DONE. ALSO IF YOU PREVIOUS FORWARDED THE POST PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LIST ABOUT THE CORRECT NUMBER AND WE WILL JUST MOVE FORWARD.

mdcrandall

Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Further explanation of phone number error Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
Ok, people when posting phone numbers of Media Organisations, PLEASE Make sure you have the correct number!

I really cannot apologize enough for the wrong number to C-SPAN.

I called C-SPAN and spoke with someone in their archives office. The individual stated that if I wanted something aired it was up to the programming people what went on the web.

I asked for their number. He replied that he couldn't give that out but that if enough people contacted the viewer response line and left messages he was sure they would consider the request.

I asked him to verify the number off the web site. He stated that they had a direct dial so I asked for that number. He asked me to hold while he transfered me to his supervisor. I then held on the line for approximately 20 minutes. The same individual came back on. There was some confusion as if he didn't remember my call or something strange. Anyway I then asked not to be put on hold again but that he give me the number. I explained I would be posting it to the web and sending it to people.

{At this point I had already typed the message for your forum and was waiting the number}

He provided me the number I asked for it a second time since he seemed confused. He provided it a second time and at this point I typed it in on the screen and I then read it back to him exactly as I was going to post it and he confirmed it.

I hit send.

The only thing I failed to do was directly try and dial the number myself and I apologize for that but in all reality I did check and double check this number. Its very frustrating what occured and I personally called the wrong number myself this morning to apologize for the mess up.

I WILL BE WRITING C-SPAN ABOUT THIS AS WELL.

mdcrandall

Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: