SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voter Turn Out will determine the Election

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Voter Turn Out will determine the Election Reply with quote

If voters of of either side fail to come out the the other side will win.

Regardless of the current polls the election is very very close, if a few states swing because of poor turn out the entire election will flip.

I just wish the debates would start up already
MsSpiffy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While technically, your vote will be counted unless you live in a "swing state" it may NOT make a difference. For most of us that do not live in a swing state the votes are already locked up by one of the parties your vote won't carry much weight. (if you vote goes to the loser in your state then it has no weight whatsoever) But vote anyway - just for a "feel good".
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been concerned for awhile now about a large lead in the polls for Bush, Afraid that people thinking a win was a forgone conclusion wouldn't bother to vote.

It's about the only thing I'm afraid of come election day

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Turnout Reply with quote

Note to Bush voters in the Florida Panhandle (and elsewhere):

Your vote counts, even if the media announce an erroneous result based on small-sample exit polls. Don't disenfranchise yourselves! Don't believe the media until ALL the votes are counted!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not believe that anyone would not vote because of what the polls say. I vote because I am exercising a great right, granted to very few people. But, whatever.

I think the turn-out issue is a bigger problem for Kerry, as he is the one that has yet to energize his base. I think that if these shadows on the wall remain unchanged, what we will see is Dems just not voting for anyone. They don't like Kerry enough to vote for him (and he makes himself more unlikeable every day) but they can't bring themselves to do the right thing and vote for Bush. So...I keep saying landslide. At the very least it isn't going to be as close as the punditz predict.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: