SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm speaking today on Capitol Hill about Human rights!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC_Diva
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: I'm speaking today on Capitol Hill about Human rights!! Reply with quote

I doubt the MSM will cover the press conference, but if they do here is the info:

2:00 pm on 9/14
Room HC #6, US Capitol
East Turkestan Govt. in Exile

In 1949 communist China invaded East Turkestan (again) and they have held 30 million people hostage ever since. Intelligence reports show that the people of East Turkestan are suffering the worst extreme of China's infamous human rights violations. This includes their barbaric "1 child" policy...I'll stop there, it is so brutal.

Please say a prayer that I don't *freeze*, and keep their people in your prayers too. I'm not an expert, or speaking as a paid consultant or anything, just as a concerned woman and freedom lover.

I'm so nervous...

PS I'm six foot before my hi heels, so look for the tall blonde chickee Smile
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very interested in human rights violations and am currently following the Sudan situation. I was not aware of this East Turkestan situation. The press only covers Tibetan issues, but I would love to get informed. Besides your conference can you recommend some literature?

Thanks and,

Good Luck at your conference.
DC_Diva
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: GenrXr - Info & Links about ongoing communist aggression Reply with quote

GenrXr -

Too many people think Communism is "over/dead/done" - it is not!! The same brutal regime that our dear Swiftees fought in Vietnam is alive and 'well' in many countries today. Actually, in some of Eurpoean countries, they are sliding back towards a communist govt. (!!?!?!!)

For information about the "East Turkistan National Freedom Center" go to www.etnfc.org/

I know that all those who served in Vietnam know exactly what the communist chinese are capable of, and how they abuse people. Yesterday this group held open elections and created a democratic government in exile. That is what the press conference today is all about.

Probably the *best* source of communist China news is at the China eLobby website:
http://www.geocities.com/china_e_lobby/index.html

Quote:
China eLobby - What & Who They Are:
"An organization dedicated to informing the public about the actions of Communist China, and influencing elected and appointed officials toward more anti-Communist policies. In particular, we hope to spread the word regarding Communist China’s repression of its own people, its threatening of peaceful, democratic neighbors, its links to terrorist-aiding states prior to (and in some cases since) Septmeber 11, and its campaign of intimidation against the free, democratic Republic of China (a.k.a. Taiwan).

Our organization runs the gamut of the American political spectrum. Our three-member board of directors includes a conservative Republican, a liberal Democrat, and a moderate independent. We follow the tradition of the coalitions that rose above parties and ideologies to fight totalitarian dictatorships: Nazi, Soviet, and now Chinese Communist."

DJ McGuire (a friend of mine) is the co-creator/president of that organization, he writes their electronic updates and weekly newsletter - he is an expert on communist China. DJ and I serve on the Spotsylvania County Republican Executive Committee (about an hour south of DC).

ALL these people, groups, organizations are 100% terrified of John Kerry being elected - they KNOW he will NOT stand up to Chinese aggression!! Almost all of the population is Muslim, and this govt. in exile supports our President 100%!! They believe that the terrorists are perverting Islam, they believe the USA is doing exactly the right thing in Iraq!

Sorry to go on and on...but this does connect to the Swiftees, they went to Vietnam to fight the same enemy. *sigh*

Please checkout the links and all, and feel free to send me a Private message for more info, or post here.

Sheila
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the link below.

http://cfrterrorism.org/groups/etim.html

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC

Speak from your heart and you'll get the message across. {I'm a terrible speaker and that's the only way not to freeze} You don't have to be perfect, you only need the truth.

You're so right about communism! It's right here - just take a good hard look at J Fn K and comrades. They've taken a hold and hanging on by their teeth.

You GO GIRL! knock em on their collective tushies.
DC_Diva
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Brian thanks for bringing that up Reply with quote

Brian -

I forgot to bring that up, thanks! After extensive research, people working in several realiable intelligence groups have said that the ETIM doesn't exist. They are believed to be a fabrication of the chinese govt. to discredit those seeking freedom. That is not to say that there couldn't have been a couple of bad people...it happens everywhere - but it is not logical or pratical. After decades of brutal communist rule with hundreds of thousands imprisoned for the mere suggestion of disobedence; for an organized and well financed group to form...is just not likely. And if one did form, why would they be involved in terror somewhere else when their families are being brutalized?

If you know otherwise, please let me know.

Sheila
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a "muslim" country, whether the ETIM exists or not, do not discount possible terrorists ties. I offer the following as some food for thought.

Multiple Choice Test - Be careful with your answers. Don't want to offend anybody, you know. Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following Multiple Choice Test. No need to keep score. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened! Do you remember?

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:

a. Olga Corbitt

b. Sitting Bull

c. Arnold Schwarzeneger

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians

b. Elvis

c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

3. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger

b. The King of Sweden

c. The Boy Scouts

4. In 1983, th! e U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy

b. Pee Wee Herman

c. Geraldo Rivera

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year-old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davy Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

6. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd

b. Charles Lindberg

c. Mother Teresa.

7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo

b. The Tooth Fairy

c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons

b. Grandma Moses

c. Michael Jordan

9. In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers

b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems

c. The World Wrestling Federation

10. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

b. The Supreme Court of Florida

c. Mr. Bean

11. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron

b. The Lutheran Church

c. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde

b. b. Captain Kangaroo

c. Billy Graham

13. On October 20, 2000 the USS Cole had an unprovoked attack which resulted in the slaughter of 17 of our young sailors. This attack was carried out by:

a. Captain Nemo

b. Flipper

c. Moby Dick

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

14. On September 11,2001 four U.S. airliners were hijacked and thousands of people were murdered by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean
d. Muslim males (mostly) between the ages of 17 and 40

15. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The NFL
c. The Catholic Church
d. Muslim males (mostly) between the ages of 17 and 40

Lets not forget the many other brutal murders and the murder and rape of women and children that has recently played out in Beslan, Russia.

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics' intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning former Governors, and leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because of profiling.

Oh yeah, recent events of the beheading of Mr. Berg and Paul Johnson and other brutal murders should not be shown on TV as it seems to offend the Muslim community and may even give them an undeserved reputation of being barbaric and vicious.

We keep hearing of the "moderate" Muslims who practice "love" and tolerance. Ask yourself this question: When is the last time you saw a Muslim on TV condemn any of the acts you read about above?

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes on your presentation. With more notice, you might have been able to get CSPAN to cover it or possibly one of the less biased news outlets. Try to videotape it in case there is interest later by one of the news agencies. Don't discount the many Christian and freelance organizations working with foreign countries as well.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD FOR YOU, DC DIVA!! You go, girl!

That is a good idea of TEWSPilot. Maybe CBN would cover the situation? They are easy to talk to, just go to their website and drop them a line. They are always looking for stories, and it would have the added benefit of getting people to pray for the oppressed peoples of Turkistan.

I will be having my daily prayer time soon, and as always I say a prayer for the poor and oppressed people everywhere. There is a specific prayer for them in the Book of Common Prayer, and while I do not know where they all are, God not only knows where they are but He also knows their names. I will also pray for you, that your message will be recieved and stir others to action. My husband is a great public speaker, and he says the trick is in getting the inevitable butterflies to fly in formation, so that you can utilize their energy. Just be prepared, you will be GREAT!

You know, it is so easy, living in America, to take freedom for granted. So many of us willingly submit to bondage (drugs, etc.) in the freest nation in the world, while so many others around the world have been cruelly tortured, brutally raped, and given their lives for the same freedom so easily given away by those of us who DO have a choice.

I am proud of you for being engaged in making things better. God bless you.

--Kimmymac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: