SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Waiting for the other shoe to drop... Reply with quote

This is making me crazy. I have the eerie feeling that something big is going to happen real soon. Dem implosion, Kerry in a straightjacket, Theresa in a straightjacket, Dan Rather in a straightjacket, all three in one straightjacket... Who knows??? It's gotta be something. Very Happy

http://www.thewebplace.com/
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the shoe to drop, the CBS execs have to first untie the knots in the laces. Then the shoes will fall.

It is truly an amazing time to be a media spectator. Watching the apoplexy of the Left and its Media allies. It is surreal...almost.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of Watergate, where is "Deep Throat" when we really need him. Will he/she emerge from the shadows in the CBS parking lot?

integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what your are saying....but that is what baffles most about the DNC....and the new Ad they put out today.....its like this was their issue the Memos, this was their big weapon.

It was defused within hours. To where nobody thought the Memos were real.... Yet for over 6 days the DNC is continuing with it.

Its like they have nothing left....Today even MSNBC ran a story about the reporters with Kerry are being stonewalled. You can not even blame Clinton here....he told them to get off Vietnam for their own good....and they are not doing that at all.

Its a stunning implosion, but that what happens when the candidate is a compulsive liar.
ThaLeena
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this is all a grand plan by the snake-headed master Carville. As with Clinton, any scandal will be purported and this, in turn, will draw attention from the real facts. Which, in this case, is that KERRY BITES!!!!

I mean look at it. This week everyone is looking at CBS and Rather instead of Kerry. I suspect that this will drag out for another week or two, and then there will be a new scandal that will occupy everybody's thoughts for a few weeks, and then a 3rd just in time for the election.

When you think of it, the plan is to divide and conquer. Attack the enemy (which is Bush) with a two-pronged approach. Hopefully, people will see this for the evil plan that it really is. And then the shoe WILL drop, on Kerry's head that is.

Just like the shoes dropped on Saddam's head the day Baghdad fell. Evil or Very Mad
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, it is a very odd set of circumstances...

The focused know that something strange is afoot at the Circle K, but the uninitiated are rather drowsy, almost as if they have been hypnotized ("help me, I've been hypnotized!").

It almost seems that the peer review group of the mainstream media hopes that Memogate will just go away. It represents a watershed event of sorts for the mainstream, and it simply cannot go away, but there is an odd pause...

Rather is treading on territory reserved for the scalawag, and he seems to have cast his lot, still many have swigged his Kool-aid, some because they are reprobates, and others because they are ignorant. There are some, like my 90 something year old grandparents, who watch the nightly news. Dammit Grandaddy, Edward R. Murrow is dead! Holy Ke-ripes throw them a line! Still, it seems they may be lost, adrift, and the curve is thrown, the fix is in. Grandaddy will never surf blogs.

So I don't know. Looks like the message has hit a brick wall for now. It may just fade away. Trouble in River City with a capital T? We will find out soon enough.

In an another odd twist of events, we may have caused many to tune out, and they will vote on the palpable ("John Edwards is so cute!").

Along with that, the Swifty message, unless packaged just right, may cause some retribution, especially if it deals with minutia found in military forms and documents. Holy Cow, a light bulb just went off over my head. Stand by for analysis. This idea may even rate its own thread.

reconflyer
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source of the memos may turn out to be the other shoe. That question hasn't been asked as frequently as whether the memos are fake or not.

But once everyone in the MSM agrees that the memos are fake I suspect that the source issue will be moved to the front burner. Sooner or later the truth will come out as to who dunnit because there are too many folks at CBS and USA Today who know the surce to keep it a secret forever.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it sounds like the other shoe has hit the deck.

Looks like Bill Burkett is the designated patsy.

Fall guy link

mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second.

The DEMS release an ad within days of last Wednesday's 60 Minutes 2 show. The ad uses a clip from the interview.

WOW -- how could the DNC turn around such an ad so quickly? -- Only if they knew it was coming days (weeks or months) in advance -- I smell total complicity with Carvell and gang as the architects.

I can't wait till this is traced back from Burkett to Carvell and McAweful! What a blowback!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: