SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOX NEWS: Vietnam Vet: I Lied About Atrocities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: FOX NEWS: Vietnam Vet: I Lied About Atrocities Reply with quote

Well done Steve...

Quote:
Vietnam Vet: I Lied About Atrocities
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
FOX NEWS

WASHINGTON — A veteran who testified to John Kerry about atrocities he committed in the Vietnam War is now claiming that the Democratic presidential candidate coerced him to tell tales.

Steven Pitkin, an Army combat veteran, told FOX News that Kerry coached him and others to say they had witnessed war crimes, even after Pitkin told Kerry that he had not.

"Before they started the camera, they told me, 'We need you to speak about the atrocities that happened over there.' The whole company line that I initially came out and said, I was coached to say that over and over again," Pitkin said.

Kerry's former brother-in-law, David Thorne, attended that Winter Soldier investigation, in which more than 100 Vietnam veterans told anti-war activists that they had either committed or witnessed unspeakable war crimes. Thorne flatly denied Pitkin's charges.

"Kerry never forced anyone to testify to war crimes in any way. [Kerry] went to Winter Soldier to listen to what they had to say and to investigate for himself," Thorne said.

Kerry collected the testimony ahead of his appearance during a 1971 hearing in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on widespread atrocities against Vietnamese civilians. He has said the graphic testimony he gave was merely a repetition of testimony combat veterans told him.

FOX NEWS
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Swift vets, Pitkin has nothing to gain by coming forward but disdain from both camps. Not every vet is going to forgive him and we all can see what the Kerry Kampf is capable of doing to anyone who gets in their way.

Takes a lot of guts to put yourself in a position like that. Pitkin has an important chapter to add to this campaign and I hope he keeps speaking out.

Let me add my Well Done, Steve.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched him on Hannity and Colmes, he did a good job explaining his need to make ammends for things he said back then and why he did.
Steve, you have my respect for standing up and doing what you are. I am sure it can not be easy to come out like this so many years later. You have some inner strength!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: