SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS ANNOUNCMENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of a VET: that is a cool pic. Would make a good window decal or bumper sticker.

Well, when we sink to the level of allowing a President to say, "It depends on what the meaning of what the word is, is." Then it is only natural that we should hear that it is okay to slander and libel the current President because while there is no authentic documentation, nor any testimony that isn't blantantly politically motivated heresay, testimony DISPUTED by his family at that....well, it's all good because WE HATE BUSH AND WE WANT IT TO BE TRUE, SO THERE!

They are like really nasty, ill-behaved children, are they not?

Oh, and wrt the campign, Susan Estrich, the genius behind Michael Dukakis' campaign, says that the Kerry campaign is doing great.

Hoo-boy. Susan, would that be the Cherry or Orange Kool-Aid? I believe you have a place reserved right next to Rather on the floor, dear. DRINK UP!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Dukakis' campaign, says that the Kerry campaign is doing great.

Hoo-boy. Susan, would that be the Cherry or Orange Kool-Aid? I believe you have a place reserved right next to Rather on the floor, dear. DRINK UP!

We're doing GREAT! the Demo-Lemming battle cry Mr. Green
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which, I'm suprised how few people know that Kerry was Dukakis's LT. Governor. Its another liberal albatross that should be fed to middle America. Remember, in MA Gov's choose their LT. Gov's. In many states LT. Gov's are elected. There are great photos of young Kerry with Kennedy and young Kerry with Dukakis. Im waiting for some ad genius to create some liberal montage of Kerry's political past.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me but there is a gap in logic here.

The complaint is that President Bush was given favored treatment to get into the guard. Bush entered the TANG May 1968.

According to the secretary, Killian was upset about this favored treatment even though she did not type these memos.

If Killian was upset about the favored treatment "fortunate sons" were given to get into the TANG, why is he "writing" CYA memos 4 years later in July/Aug 72 and not Jul/Aug 68.

Why did he give then LT Bush favorable evaluations in the four years prior to this time. Why is it taking 4 years to record his "upset." Why would Killian be upset in '72 when there were too many pilots, counting those returned from Vietnam by Nixon, looking for flying hours and President Bush offers to get out of Killian's hair?

Even the "evidence" contained in the forged memos does not make sense. If there was a CYA memo date 1968, then that would make sense --- but 1972 forget it.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Excuse me but there is a gap in logic here.
etc etc
All very good points you are making....the False Faked Fraud memos but MSM and CBS saying True content is a NEW LOW OF JOURNALISM
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush says CBS has delayed their announcement until 3:30 p.m.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1530 EST is when CBS (aka see B.S.) will make anouncement.

Stolen Honor
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbs just said that they are going to delay the anouncements until 3:30

this is what rush just said
cipher
Vice Admiral

There is a delay in the announcement.

Seems someone got the wrong ribbon for the Selectric....
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

jataylor11 wrote:
Even the "evidence" contained in the forged memos does not make sense. If there was a CYA memo date 1968, then that would make sense --- but 1972 forget it.

Exactly. There are still numerous errors and inconsistencies in the memo contents, not to mention firsthand sources who strongly disagree with their conclusions. But we're supposed to look past all that and believe they prove that Bush lied.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suprised the Communist Bull S*** network doesn't wait until Ivan makes landfall.

If it is some tired crap about , "Well, technically it is false, but it is still true" I am going to put a round through my television set. It's like---how much can we take, ya know?

"Well, technically it was sex with an intern young enough to be my own daughter, in the Oval Office, on Easter Sunday, but not really, see--because I say it isn't."

It had better be an announcement that Dan Rather has resigned (and will be working full, FULL time for the Kerry campaign) along with a full and abject apology to the President, but I KNOW that ain't gonna happen.

Even I! am not that optimistic.
gleanerl
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope this isn't a repeat, but it surely deserves to be read and remembered...
following are a couple of paragraphs from the complete article.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/morse200409150552.asp

Quote:
On June 2, 1988, CBS aired an hour-long special titled CBS Reports: The Wall Within, which CBS trumpeted as the "rebirth of the TV documentary." It purported to tell the true story of Vietnam through the eyes of six of the men who fought there. And what terrible stories they had to tell. ...

Certainly, we cannot count on him for the truth. During a 1993 speech to the Radio and Television News Directors Association, Rather criticized his colleagues for competing with entertainment shows for "dead bodies, mayhem, and lurid tales." "We should all be ashamed of what we have and have not done, measured against what we could do," Rather said.

Thousands of Vietnam veterans — not to mention the Bush campaign — would agree.

— Anne Morse is a writer living in Maryland.

Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know:

'Texans for Truth'

is an oxymoron in this case.

I should know, I live in Texas. Rolling Eyes

Embarassed Embarassed Brain is on vacation today. Oxymoron wrong word but I hope you get the gist of the meaning. I have run into enough Texas politicos to see that they are not into facts.

Last edited by Armybrat/Armymom on Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Hmmm! I wonder??? Reply with quote

jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay -- I'll play with CBS and go with the content----

The '72 memo telling Bush that TANG had an investment in him -- (teaching him to fly) Okay so this is a please come back to us George request.

But if this investment was too great to let go then why grant the early out to attend Harvard in 73?

President Bush's service is being examine in a vacumn. In '72 there were many more pilots looking for flying hours, more experienced pilots. If this "fortunate son" was so fortunate then why wasn't he bumping these more experienced guys for flying hours?

I've heard President Bush critized because he stopped flying. Seems to me this was actually a nice thing for President Bush to do. Seems to me there were a lot of pilots, those back from Vietnam, his fellow TANG pilots all looking for flight time, most looking to gain experience in order to become commercial pilots. Seems to be that this "fortunate son" could have used "favors" to get flying hours over these guys --- and continue flying the rest of this life like these other guys. But instead he cleared the way and took his option to go to Harvard Business School -- possibly an option these other flyboys did not have. Seems to me, President Bush did someone a favor by leaving early --- not taking up space, and flight hours, greatly coveted by another pilot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: