SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Hit Drudge Memo Content True
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Secretary and Documents Reply with quote

If Mrs. Knox really believes that she typed up something similar to the memos that CBS released, why didn't SHE go into Lt. Col. Killian's files and get the originals, and give them to CBS? Why have someone else type a forgery on Microsoft Word whose "content" resembles her memory of what she might have typed 32 years ago?

Which also begs the question: If Killian died in 1984, and Mrs. Knox had indeed typed memos critical of Bush in 1972, if she really didn't want Bush to be elected, why didn't she come forward in 1994 or 1998 when Bush was running for governor of Texas (her home state), or when he ran for President in 2000? Since Killian died in 1984, Mrs. Knox had TEN YEARS to go through his files and fish out the originals before Bush's FIRST campaign for governor, while her memory of Bush was fresher, but she waited until Bush's FOURTH election campaign to suddenly say, "Oh, I might have typed something similar to that 32 years ago".

If Mrs. Knox really typed anything like that, she should SHOW the ORIGINALS...otherwise no one should believe her.
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Rather's source? Reply with quote

Dimsdale wrote:
I hear you, but why would she have copies, or worse, originals of Killians PERSONAL file?

That's my point. She doesn't have Killian's file because it was probably destroyed immediately after his death. That's what created the need for the damning documents to be magically restored with MS Word.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobD wrote:
She mentioned that she had an olympic typwriter that could do superscript th. Has this been looked at?

The typewriters she is referring to is probably the German manufacturer Olympia. The have made typewriters for a long time. I remember selling these along with the IBMs and Smith Coronas. The Olympia brand kinda fit in between. They wern't as good as IBMs but better than the Smith Coronas. Trying to research models right now.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Rather's source? Reply with quote

grandforker wrote:
Dimsdale wrote:
I hear you, but why would she have copies, or worse, originals of Killians PERSONAL file?

That's my point. She doesn't have Killian's file because it was probably destroyed immediately after his death. That's what created the need for the damning documents to be magically restored with MS Word.

You are right (that was a sort of rhetorical question directed at USAToday and whoever else published her claims) . It is looking more and more like the "documents" might have been reconstructed from her "memory," or Rather is hoping that this wil be inferred from the story, since he apparently has jack squat for originals.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: forgeries Reply with quote

Allow me to clear up what I was trying to say. My thoughts got ahead of my typing. Dan originally said the documents and contents are real/correct/verbatim.

If the forger had been smart he would have produced hand-written memos and the typed memo from Killian. The Killian signed document was to throw us off and follow a false lead. “Ah, if the documents are all together then the un-signed documents are from Killian as well.” We didn’t fall for this. We discovered the memos were forged.

So we now know the documents are forgeries so that leaves the contents. If the handwritten originals had been released we could determine who wrote them because of the verbiage, a/o syntax a/o handwriting. So if the forger said I will re-type for legibility that would have been better for this person and Dan could have stated this. Dan has never said I have hand-written documents that were re-typed for legibility. This is done in legal proceedings all the time. [I should have used this word and not “clarify.”] But forger was dumb. They tried to pass off “original” typewritten documents as all coming from Killian. Remember the false scent.

Bottom line. There are no handwritten documents. All documents from forger are typed. So content is also false and of course “Sexed up.”
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the reason the documents are such poor forgeries is because the person who gave them to CBS believed that the only person he/she had to fool was Dan Rather, the same Dan Rather who has a history of not checking facts on stories he wants to believe?

I have a feeling that the forged memos were never intended to be seen by anyone but Rather.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the content is silly...regardless....the key part is the documents are FRAUDS....not hoaxes....FRAUDS.

And CBS knew it all along...despite all the defenses of the MSM.... They like to say they were duped....BS....they were WILLING participants of the Fraud upon the American Voters.

All IMHO, YMMV
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to think CBS cannot use the good secretary as an "unimpeachable source" because to do so, they would have to admit that what she said about the memos being forgeries is true - and I don't think they will ever admit that. So if they try to say that the secretary is right about some of the views expressed in the memos, then they will have to admit that the memos are forgeries. To challenge her on the authenticity of the memos, they challenge her credibility on everything - including the content.

This article says that the secretary states that the fakes express the "thoughts" of Bush's commanders. Now we are into mind reading and thought police. Geez.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/06/politics/main641481.shtml

Debbie
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
I am beginning to think CBS cannot use the good secretary as an "unimpeachable source" because to do so, they would have to admit that what she said about the memos being forgeries is true - and I don't think they will ever admit that.

Debs, I'd agree, except for the fact that from the very moment the memos were challenged, Rather's defense has been that it doesn't matter if the documents are forged as long as the content is true. That argument makes absolutely no sense to me, but apparently Rather, Alan Colmes and some Democratic party officials believe it because I've heard them say the same thing numerous times.

Wonder of wonders, Mrs. Knox comes out and publicly corraborates the the exact same message that Rather and the Dems have been pushing. I don't think it's a coincidence.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandforker,

I think you are right as they might admit the docs are forgeries, if they can then use the secretary to back up their claims that the contents are true. They have to keep their eye on the ball - to smear the President at any cost. All the lawyers are probably trying to figure out how to deal with all the experts who told them they were forgeries in the first place. But the claim that the memos are forgeries but the content is true, will only fly with the Komrade Kerry Kool-aid drinkers who even buy the "I voted for it before I voted against it" line. But nothing the secretary has said supports the idea that Bush disobeyed a direct order, which is the main and most serious allegation of the memos - and there is still no authentic original document that substantiates that charge. And, I agree, just too many coincidences involved with the secretary - and she is a Bush hater too.

And if Rather comes out and says Bush should answer questions about his Guard duty - Bush should reply with two words - Honorable Discharge.

And to Dan Blather, "JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY IT DON'T MAKE IT SO." Wink

Debbie
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all scary. There's a reason that there are laws about evidence, and it's to keep the police from "cooking the books". (I realized it doesn't always work, but still.)

It is absurd that people like Dan Rather and Jayson Blair think they can just make things up. The end justifies the means.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These forged documents have been out there since February. If you like to research, google the name "Bob Tuke"

You fill find that he referred to them as early as August. And you will find a reference to a liberal rant page last modified May 9, 2004.

Try googling Bob Tuke and see what comes up.

When your done there google Marty Heldt (a farmer from Iowa) for an interesting post on May 7.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that the secretary has the Michael Moore talking points. To me, that suggests someone coached her. Perhaps had her see the propaganda fest F911 and then told her how Republicans hate old people. Then ask, now with all you know, were the memos real? Well, no I didn't type them but the contents have to be true because Bush is Unfit and hates old people. LOL.

Sheesh, an elderly woman repeating Alan Colmes dialog, and that doesn't seem odd to the MSM?
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Forgery Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
the content is silly...regardless....the key part is the documents are FRAUDS....not hoaxes....FRAUDS.

And CBS knew it all along...despite all the defenses of the MSM.... They like to say they were duped....BS....they were WILLING participants of the Fraud upon the American Voters.

All IMHO, YMMV

I concur. The dumb forger figured if he got the forgeries past Dan then they would develop legs of their own. He/she did not anticipate that we would almost instantaneously discover that the documents as to form were forgeries and even if we did he probably hoped he could sneak by on the contents. Again he was beaten, Due to the enormous experience we have with military matters we were able to quickly refute the content as well. Check and then checkmate.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
These forged documents have been out there since February. If you like to research, google the name "Bob Tuke"

You fill find that he referred to them as early as August. And you will find a reference to a liberal rant page last modified May 9, 2004.

Try googling Bob Tuke and see what comes up.

When your done there google Marty Heldt (a farmer from Iowa) for an interesting post on May 7.

Try reading this: posted and last modified on May 9. This fellow is referring PRECISELY to the documents in question They have been around for months. As a matter of fact, Brooks Gregory, a former consultant to Janet Reno paid for a packet of guard documents and decleared them forged back when Reno ran for Gov. of Fl.

I think the issue of whether the documents are forgeries has been well established. The blogosphere has moved beyond that. The question is who had them and who gave them to CBS. That is the most important thing. I have a stinking feeling it was the Kerry Campaign and if so, Kerry is dead meat

[color=red]Here is a stinker for you:

http://www.peacevigils.com/veteranvoice.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: