SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moderators -- Take Back This Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campjwIII wrote:
I do not believe in banning posters that support JFKerry.
However there are limits.

Saint has crossed the line with comparisons of President Bush and Hitler.

As I mentioned, I finaly decided to back Kerry this year with my vote. However the recent "takeover" of your anti-Kerry board by Kerry fans seems quite unseemly and the not the way one group of Americans should treat another. Frankly I am appalled at some of the rhetoric being posted, including the comparison of Bush Hitler above.

I' d like to applaud the moderator who so far has shown great patience on this...and also I would ask that such comparisons stop, since they themselves are Un-American for anyone to make: liberals, progressives, moderates or conservatives.

Keep up the debates! Just keep em as honest and impersoanl as possible Smile
poirierwilliam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ3 wrote:
You are nothing but a person with no life who is taking some type of perverted joy in raising a stink where you are not wanted. That indicates some type of mental issue which I would highly recommend you get looked into. Wink

who says you own this site,a----hole
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dylar wrote:
I've been floating around these boards for a couple of days now. Which ever one of you that made that call to the Michael Savage show, you sold me.

Frankly, it makes me laugh every time that one of these Kerry supporters posts, not only do they act like children, but they fail to recognize the source for all of this discussion. Actual soldiers that served with Kerry and were ashamed to be in the same batch of breathing air with him.

I'm not a soldier, but I will be voting. 17 and smart enough to know better than to vote for Kerry.

Good point, Dylar. I might suggest that we no longer refer to the trolls as Kerry supporters -- let's call them, as they are -- Kerry Idiots.
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
Ban! ahahahahahahah

Please ban me......then I can put my tools to work. Don't you morons know what a "proxy server" is? Don't you know that between Hot Mail and Yahoo, one can generate thousands of emails? You can't ban somebody on this board just cause you disagree with what they say. This is the internet. It is still free. Screw you old men. I like this place and I will continue to post here frequently and often.

Wink

Are you threatening an attack.. please clarify.
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that as each new visitor from the left joins us the level of intelligent debate seems to diminish. Along with that my level of respect for those of that political persuasion plummets to a new low.

All the more reason for this place to exist. If these children are truly representative of those who believe in John Kerry, God help us all.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ3 wrote:
I must admit that as each new visitor from the left joins us the level of intelligent debate seems to diminish. Along with that my level of respect for those of that political persuasion plummets to a new low.

All the more reason for this place to exist. If these children are truly representative of those who believe in John Kerry, God help us all.

All I can say is "Amen"
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navymomx2 wrote:
AZ3 wrote:

All I can say is "Amen"

Funny, I was thinking the same of you all and Bush. Wink Laughing
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
Ban! ahahahahahahah

Please ban me......then I can put my tools to work. Don't you morons know what a "proxy server" is? Don't you know that between Hot Mail and Yahoo, one can generate thousands of emails? You can't ban somebody on this board just cause you disagree with what they say. This is the internet. It is still free. Screw you old men. I like this place and I will continue to post here frequently and often.

Wink

Saint, the owners of this board can do as they please with it.

"This" is NOT the internet. This is a private blog that is accessed via the internet. While you may have access to the internet via an ISP, you do not have a right of access to all the resources on the internet.

However, as the owners of this board believe in American values of freedom of speech, they have graciously allowed you to have access to the public part of the board.

Sorry to burst your 60's communal ideation.

FDL

p.s. readers take note of the leftist confusion regarding rights vs. privilege.
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
Funny, I was thinking the same of you all and Bush. Wink Laughing

There is a major difference between how I conduct myself and how you do young man. I am not spamming any Pro-Kerry boards with insults and potty mouthed, childish comments.

You have proven time and again to have the maturity of a kindergartner, it is you that I consider to be the prime example of what is so distasteful about the Kerry Supporters who are attempting to disrupt this board.

How those few liberals who are honestly attempting to understand what this board and it members feel can tolerate having you represent them is beyond me. If you were a conservative minded fellow and I observed you conducting yourself on a Pro-Kerry board the way you have conducted yourself here, I would be loudly and vehemently disclaiming any association with you.

But they are not. They seem to feel your slander and vile speech is cute and acceptable. That speaks volumes, far more than any message they are trying to get across.

So carry on child, you are assisting us in ways you never dreamed possible.
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Moderators -- Take Back This Board Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
To the moderator and all the true veterans against Kerry I propose this. It’s time to take back this board from the Kerry Idiots who are disrupting it beyond belief.

I can hear the Kerry Idiots screaming, “Freedom of speech!! So, this is what you guys are really like? You fight a war and come home to take away my freedom of speech!”

Well, Kerry Idiots – a person is not protected under freedom of speech laws when one stands on someone’s property and disrupts the household. One cannot enter a place of business and disrupt. If you don’t believe me, then read the law.

This website is privately owned – it is not owned by the public. This website’s message board is a branch of the privately owned website. These Kerry Idiots do not have the right to come in here and disrupt.

With that said, I’d like to suggest that the moderators begin deleting messages that disrupt. I see many threads started by Kerry Idiots – delete those and all the messages in them.

This is the only way we’ll take back this board.

I haven't posted here in quite awhile, but saw this when I logged in to check a private message.

I originally came to this website because John O'Neill gave a televised press conference at which he announced the name and URL of this website, and invited the public to participate.

Whatever good intentions he or anybody else had in terms of opening up a public debate have devolved into a forum for nutties to display their ignorance and vent their hate. No thanks, I can turn on Limbaugh if I want my intelligence insulted.

Good luck to all of those with the fortitude to wade through the crud to try to set the record straight.

And good luck to any of those original members who might have had a sincere desire for open debate. That must be a sad, distant memory for you now.

So . . . aloha with a steel guitar, as Bing would say.

- Proud member of a military family
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I haven't seen sincere debate from the left in weeks. I see trolls from the left threatening to disrupt the board even more than they already have.

Quote:
Ban! ahahahahahahah

Most political boards don't allow registration with *.yahoo *.hotmail *.excite, etc. -- for the very reason of your threaten disruption. Additionally, your IP address is logged and can be banned. The street is littlered with fool trolls that thought they could troll forever on my boards.

Quote:
Kahuna,

Write to the Admistrator and volunteer to moderate. I have with some samples of abuse. I know Warpro has done the same.

Exactly. This is the way to go. It would clean up the board almost instantly.

In fact, what about an additional forum... "Kerry-bots post here," and then delete everything they've posted from the Vets forum and the Truth forum.

I'm spread too thin right now that it is racing season (I'm a Drag Racer) and I already have a large board (www.moparstyle.com) to babysit. It is actually up to the board administrator to set the policy of moderation for the existing moderators and select moderators from active members, which best suit the style of a board he wants. I'm always suspicious of members who contact me wanting to moderate. Although the board may be short a moderator or two right now to handle the Left's threat to make the board's head spin -- I think the existing moderators must have to work under a LIBERAL policy of no whacks or bans. Seeing all of these Troll threads gives me no other opinion.

The bottomline is that this board is doomed to fail if the administrator continues to allow Kerry's trolls to succeed in their goal of disrupting this board into oblivia. Anyone who thinks that they're here for debate -- instead of being here to cause this board to fail needs to have their head examined.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: