SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC vs. CBS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember how elated I was to see the Berlin Wall come down. I never thought I would see it in my own life time.

Now I get to see the liberal networks slitting each others throats. I never thought I would see it in my own life time.

What other wonders await?

Sam
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush has devoted his first hour and a half to the forgeries, and is laughing his head off and making jokes about Dan Rather handcuffing himself to his anchor desk with a bomb strapped to his waist to keep from being fired. On a more serious note Rush reminded us of a sixteen year old Rather story about six maniac Viet Nam baby-killer Vets thats was totally debunked, some of them did not even serve in Nam... The announcement by CBS today bettr be an admission that the docs are fake, or they may as well fold up their tents and leave town.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: CBS Reply with quote

Bob Schieffer announced today something to the effect that they must find a way to prove they were not forgeries. I tried to email him when I arrived home but the normal way to get his email address failed. Does anyone know it? I wanted to say, "Bob, don't you realize that if you find a way to prove that, and say it, you'll simply be telling another WHOPPER?! Haven't you and CBS already damaged MY FOURTH ESTATE enough?
John Gault
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS will say they believe that the documents contain "Factual Information", and continue on with the story. The rest of the MSM will take a pass and it will be a non-issue in 3 days. Remember, for the MSM it's the seriousness of the charges (i.e. get Bush), not the validity of the evidence.
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. _ Ayn Rand
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Forgeries Reply with quote

The dumb forger figured if he got the forgeries past Dan then they would develop legs of their own. He/she did not anticipate that we would almost instantaneously discover that the documents as to form were forgeries and even if we did he probably hoped he could sneak by on the contents. Again he was beaten, Due to the enormous experience we have with military matters we were able to quickly refute the content as well. Check and then checkmate.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Forgeries Reply with quote

The dumb forger figured if he got the forgeries past Dan then they would develop legs of their own. He/she did not anticipate that we would almost instantaneously discover that the documents as to form were forgeries and even if we did he probably hoped he could sneak by on the contents. Again he was beaten, Due to the enormous experience we have with military matters we were able to quickly refute the content as well. Check and then checkmate.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Gault wrote:
CBS will say they believe that the documents contain "Factual Information", and continue on with the story. The rest of the MSM will take a pass and it will be a non-issue in 3 days. Remember, for the MSM it's the seriousness of the charges (i.e. get Bush), not the validity of the evidence.

You could be right!

Then we can move past that and on to more serious topics. Like Kerry's heroics during and after the war.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Gault wrote:
Remember, for the MSM it's the seriousness of the charges (i.e. get Bush), not the validity of the evidence.

Except when the Swift Boat Vets make the charge, then neither the charge nor the evidence appear to matter.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, tonight Danny-boy and CBS stuck to their absurd line about The "content" of the memos being factual, and it's not important if the documents are fake. Isn't this just a teeny-tiny bit RIDICULOUS!! And this brain-dead old lady they've got saying the docs are fake, but they reflect the way the CO felt-- Is she insane? Does CBS think their viewers are idiot enuff to buy any of this? So now CBS is going to take a closer look at the docs--Bull! They're biding their time, hoping this blows over. Somebody must have got to ABC, I didn't catch them piling on, unless I missed it. I sure hope they don't get away with this crap!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixdogteam wrote:
Well, tonight Danny-boy and CBS stuck to their absurd line about The "content" of the memos being factual, and it's not important if the documents are fake. Isn't this just a teeny-tiny bit RIDICULOUS!! And this brain-dead old lady they've got saying the docs are fake, but they reflect the way the CO felt-- Is she insane?

So, it's "Hearsay" evidence from someone that hates Bush. Since Rather is like minded then it's true.

Now, i'm glad i didn't watch it.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Danny's getting set up to admit the memos are not real...He doesn't get it that the story is not about Bush anymore, it's about HIM!--Oh and by the way, did I tell you that I met Howard Hughes in the desert and he wrote a will on a kleenex that made me his sole heir--I don't have that particular kleenex, but I have some toilet paper that's much like it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: