SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60 Minutes Not Broadcast Across Country

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: 60 Minutes Not Broadcast Across Country Reply with quote

I was reading over on the enemy forum, and many of them are saying that 60 Min wasnt broadcast in their area. They think the Bush dictatorship has taken over or something crazy.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Yes that's it!

WE ARE THE REPUBLICANS RESISTENCE IS FUTILE YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! Twisted Evil

Yeah Right! Laughing
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if some affiliates chose not to air it in the hopes that their e-mail inboxes and fax machines would slow down for just a few minutes--C
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true. See these links for details:

http://instapundit.com/archives/017847.php

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerry200409152021.asp
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep sending emails off to your local affiliates. It's having an effect. Smile I've been sending one daily.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's true. See these links for details:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerry200409152021.asp

Glad to see some journalistic integrity at the local levels. Dont know what me local station did, I wasnt watching.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool, I got such a laugh out of your "they think the Bush dictatorship has taken over" comment that I had to go and look for myself. It's true! They are freaking out! But they think that Dan Rather is the savior and is scoring major damage to Bush as well. heh...wonder if they've seen the New Jersey poll? I love how they are twisting reality into a pretzel to objectify the "The memos are fake--so what? The CONTENT is real" argument.

Anyway, so let's add up the numbers (Deleted by Admin)

1 Secretary: against Bush, against the memos
4 Commanding officers and family members and glowing REAL military reports from Bush's commanding officer: for Bush

hmm...well Kerry's people are always telling us to trust the official military records and not people's memories...so...gotta go with Bush served honerably.

Admin note: Please refrain from encouraging inter-forum strife. Thanks
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have assumed control of CBS at 2000 hours. We have the football. Begin next phase of takeover. Mark up all prices at Wal Mart. Scheduled to commence at 2200 hours.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: 60 Minutes Where Are You? Reply with quote

60 Minutes where are you? We kept watching for it, but it never aired in East Tennessee tonight. What's up with that? Can someone, who wasn't blocked, tell the rest of us the short version? Confused
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that would be nice, the Republican Borgs---could for once put a decent morality based thought in some of there kooky minds!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Balloon Artist wrote:
Have assumed control of CBS at 2000 hours. We have the football. Begin next phase of takeover. Mark up all prices at Wal Mart. Scheduled to commence at 2200 hours.

No, you can't mark up all the prices at Wal Mart. I won't be able to afford my Blue Bunny peppermint ice cream this Christmas. It goes reaaaaal good with chocolate syrup. If not me, think of all the kids you'll be hurting, here in America, to say nothing of China.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O J Simpson wrote:
"The memos are fake, but the CONTENT is real" Even I couldn't beleive that.

larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petition to FCC to revoke broadcast licenses of CBS and their affiliates

Here's an email I sent to Hugh Hewitt:

Quote:
Hugh,

I’m a lawyer and I support your call for Congressional hearings on Rathergate, but there's another tack that can be taken as well: Petitioning the FCC to investigate and hold hearings on whether CBS's broadcast license and the licenses of its affiliates should be revoked. The FCC is not exactly notorious for using this power, but when a major network knowingly and willingly attempts to use its enormous power to blatantly favor a candidate and harm another in an attempt to subvert a presidential election, the FCC’s license revocation powers should be used.

Here is the text of an email I sent the Chairman of the Commission, Michael K. Powell (Michael.Powell@fcc.gov) about 5 hours ago:

“Dear Commissioner Powell,

“Please accept this email as a citizen complaint and request that the FCC revoke the broadcast licenses of CBS and its affiliates, on the grounds that through the actions of CBS News and its managing editor, Dan Rather, they are perpetrating and intentionally continue to perpetrate a serious fraud on the public by their use of 4 forged documents to smear Pres. Bush, purportedly authored by the late Lt. Colonel Jerry Killian, and known by CBS to be forged, all in an attempt to improperly influence the outcome of the 2004 presidential election.

“The public airways are a public trust. Once any broadcaster seriously breaches that trust it should no longer have access to the air waves which belong to all of us. I ask that you take whatever steps are necessary to provide the public a hearing on this matter and to take appropriate steps thereafter to deny CBS the airways to perpetrate any further such frauds.

“Sincerely,

“Larry G. Johnson, Esq.
Attorney at Law
8505 129th Ave. SE
Newcastle, WA 98056
tel.: (425) 228-3786”

I don’t pretend to be an expert on telecommunications law and the regulatory maze within which the FCC operates. But at least I have done something to send a dart in the FCC’s direction. Maybe if there is enough of a public outcry they will do something. Perhaps you and the blogosphere could weigh in on this with emails of your own to Commissioner Powell.

Here, by the way, is at least some background on the FCC’s powers and authority, from http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/F/htmlF/federalcommu/federalcommu.htm:

“Still, it is the issue of First Amendment rights of broadcasters that has generated more public controversy in the sixty year history of the Communications Act of 1934 than any other aspect of communication law. Since the earliest days, the FRC and then the FCC insisted that because of "scarcity," a licensee must operate a broadcast station in the public trust rather than promote only his or her point of view. The constitutionality of the Fairness Doctrine and section 315 was upheld by the Court in Red Lion Broadcasting v. FCC. Broadcasters complained that the doctrine produced a "chilling effect" on speech and cited the possibility of fighting protracted legal battles in Fairness Doctrine challenges. Generally, though, the FCC determined station "fairness" based on the overall programming record of the licensee. The Court reaffirmed the notion that licensees were not obligated to sell or give time to specific opposing groups to meet Fairness Doctrine requirements as long as the licensee met its public trustee obligations. But, as Commissioners embraced deregulation, they began looking for ways to eliminate the Fairness Doctrine. In the 1985 Fairness Report, the FCC concluded that scarcity was no longer a valid argument and the Fairness Doctrine inhibited broadcasters from airing more controversial material. Two cases gave the commission the power to eliminate the Doctrine; in TRAC v. FCC, the court ruled that the Doctrine was not codified as part of the 1959 Amendment to the Communications Act as previously assumed. Secondly, the FCC applied the Fairness Doctrine to a Syracuse television station after it ran editorials supporting the building of a nuclear power plant (Meredith Corp. v. FCC, 809 F. 2d. 863 (1987); Syracuse Peace Council 3 FCCR 2035 (1987)). Meredith Corporation challenged the Doctrine and cited the 1985 FCC Report calling for the Doctrine's repeal. The courts remanded the case back to the commission to determine whether the Doctrine was constitutional and in the public interest. In 1987, the FCC repealed the Doctrine, with the exception of the personal attack and political editorializing rules which still remain in effect.” (emphasis added)

Larry

I hope this gets some traction.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WVLT, the CBS affiliate in Knoxville, isn't showing 60 Minutes II. There's some sort of movie on instead. (Thanks to Knoxville reader Steve Lewis for the tip.) I wonder if any other affiliates are doing the same?

Code:

Thats my local C' "BS" affiliate. I didn't watch. Glad to see they didn't show it.

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: