SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cancel your cable service if they carry SeeBS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Cancel your cable service if they carry SeeBS Reply with quote

I suggest sending the following email to your cable/internet provider. Also write to CBS affiliates and advertisers.

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Until such time as your company:

1. Publicly calls on CBS to immediately terminate Dan Rather and all involved in their criminal fraud on the American electorate.

2. Publicly calls on CBS to disclose the source of the forged documents used on 60 minutes last Wednesday.

3. Publicly states that your company is terminating distribution of all CBS products.

I will be cancelling my service with your company and boycotting your products and/or services. Furthermore, I am advising all of my friends and acquaintances to do the same. In my case this is a list of some 500 families and businesses.

G. Thomas Mortensen
Redwood City, California.
15 September 2004

You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a better man than I. (But then I'm not a guy, so I guess that's the case no matter what.)

I work at home a lot. High-speed internet access is a necessity and cable's pretty much my only option. Besides, if I cancel cable, there's no FoxNews.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. But I do have a remote that has lots of numbers on that don't go to CBS.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a cable box, you are already "voting with your remote". The cable company routinely checks the boxes to see what people are watching. Sorta like Tivo. Just don't watch CBS. It'll get through.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta have cable to see FOX and besides the CBS affiliate in moist cities can be seen the old fashioned way through rabbit ears.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - if you have a cable box, you're already voting.

If I cancel my cable, the only television I would get are the alphabet network affiliates, including CBS.

I would miss the medical channels, the History Channel, Discovery Wings, Military History, Fox, CourtTV and cancelling my cable would not hurt CBS one little bit, as seldom as I tune in to CBS.

I do encourage everyone to write to CBS and to the sponsors of the 60 Minutes II show on the grounds that CBS has perpetrated a fraud in the attempt to sway the upcoming elections. Asking the sponsors not to support such poor journalistic standards.

Personally, I don't even go so far as advocating a boycott - just asking the sponsors to put some pressure on CBS, and suggesting that people are mad enough about this issue to organize boycotts. (Pajama warriors, unite! Wink )

It used to be my husband who was the most politically active, but I'm outstripping him in that department by a mile for the last six months.

Even HE has decided to start writing letters and calling congress-critters on this one! Smile
Bored383
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canceling cable service to not watch CBS would be cutting off your own nose to spite your face.

seriously - the last thing anyone should be doing is ignoring what the likes of Dan Rather, et al are up to. Do you think it is exactly wise to turn a blind eye to them? No.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently converted to DishNetwork--We can lock-out channels and that's exactly what I've done with Channel 2--Won't be making any mistakes--Will catch Judging Amy and CSI in the syndicated re-runs, I s'pose--No biggie--C
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
You're a better man than I. (But then I'm not a guy, so I guess that's the case no matter what.)

I work at home a lot. High-speed internet access is a necessity and cable's pretty much my only option. Besides, if I cancel cable, there's no FoxNews.

So write the letter as a threat! you don't actually have pull the plug! Smile

You really think I'd give up high speed internet access?
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats right ASPB, you're correct....the threat alone is HEARD loudly.I have Adelphia....had em since cable came to be (or at least when they bought out the smaller provider)...you know who my Cable service salesman was? get this......a VERY young Kevin Spacey.Yup.....going door to door in Orange County selling cable service...Yes, I'm now dating myself...you know you're getting on in age when Kevin Spacey was your "CABLE GUY".
uggggghhh

My Cable LAN kicks butt too..I could never go back to dial up again...then again...there is DSL here.Then what?
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother works for a cable company. He tells me that most if not all cable services will let you block certain channels.

If you are unable to block if with your remote, call you cable provider and have them block it from your subscription.

Block CBS......go ahead do it.....you know you want to.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that ' SeeBS' Laughing
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that ' SeeBS' Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: