SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting poll numbers...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Interesting poll numbers... Reply with quote

Polls: Bush Trails Kerry in New York

Excerpt:

"The Quinnipiac University Polling Institute said Kerry led Bush 47 percent to 41 percent, with independent Ralph Nader (news - web sites) at 4 percent. In a poll released Aug. 13, three weeks before Bush's speech at Republican National Convention, Kerry led by 20 percentage points, 53 percent to 35 percent, with Nader at 4 percent. The new poll also found Bush's approval rating rising from 37 percent to 43 percent."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&ncid=2043&e=8&u=/ap/20040915/ap_on_el_pr/new_york_polls
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"More good news!" replied Susan Estrich, taking a large swig of the Cherry Kool-Aid.

<snicker>

6 percentage points, down from 20, is NOT good news, and does not bode well for Mr. Kerry.

"Bring it on!" he roared, to the cheering crowd, right before he disappeared to go windsurfing in his wife's wet suit.

What a hero.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from email today

Bush: solid base of 166 electoral votes - Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

Kerry: solid base of 168 electoral votes - California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington DC.

SWING STATES: 204 electoral votes up for grabs, from 19 states: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

The list will change and perhaps shrink as the election season unfolds. The two campaigns will expand their efforts in some states and quietly concede others.

By the end of October, the battleground could shrink to as few as four states: Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Lots more left to accomplish but the TRUTH is on our side and we definitely have the “A TEAM” onboard.

Steve

Steve Clarke
Orange Park, FL
www.kerrylied.com
www.usvoterinformation.com/osc.htm

Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the Kool-Aid-addicted Susan Estrich, did anyone else see her on Dayside wondering out loud how the bloggers knew the CBS documents were forged less than an hour after the 60 Minutes II story aired? This is her idea of evidence that The Long Lost Bush Files(TM) were planted by Darth Rove. Rolling Eyes
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POWsnMIAs--I have more optimistic info on the electoral tally, but I agree that we can not stop until Bush is back in the White House. And Daschel is back to where ever it is he shlumped from, by the way.

Susan Ostrich, er, Estrich is now seeing pajama clad bloggers everywhere, too, eh?

Nasty, ill-behaved children, I'm telling you. They are perpetual adolescents, these people. "We didn't lie, they made us lie. Karl Rove made us lie. It is all HIS fault!"

And that kind of thinking is epidemic in this country, I am afraid.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the entire DNC, barking moonbats, looney left, and MSM can be manipulated by Karl Rove --- them which group do I want running this country ... ummmm let me see ---- millions of incompetents or one incredibly effective man..... ummmm let me think about that for a minute
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
from email today

Bush: solid base of 166 electoral votes - Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

Kerry: solid base of 168 electoral votes - California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington DC.

SWING STATES: 204 electoral votes up for grabs, from 19 states: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

The list will change and perhaps shrink as the election season unfolds. The two campaigns will expand their efforts in some states and quietly concede others.

By the end of October, the battleground could shrink to as few as four states: Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Lots more left to accomplish but the TRUTH is on our side and we definitely have the “A TEAM” onboard.

Steve

Steve Clarke
Orange Park, FL
www.kerrylied.com
www.usvoterinformation.com/osc.htm

In case anyone is interested, I live in New Jersey and on the front page of one of the newspapers (didn't see which one, just saw it on someone's porch while I was delivering mail) there was a story about how New Jersey is no longer in the bag for Kerry. I wonder if our McGreevey situation has turned off some of our democrats?
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as important, the deeper poll numbers should scare J.F. Kerry.

According to Morris, those who believe Bush is a stronger leader: 51-37 Bush. Who do you think is stronger on national security: 68-28 Bush.

And the base is solid in Bush's corner, but Kerry's base is weak.

These are devastating numbers for J.F. Kerry.

Medics, we're there when you need us. Cool
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Polls Reply with quote

Regarding the list given by "powsnmias":

Among the swing states listed, current polls show:

Bush leads in AR, AZ, FL, MO, NC, and OH: 99 electoral votes

Kerry leads in IA, ME, MI, MN, and NH: 42 electoral votes

Tossups: CO, NM, NV, PA: 40 electoral votes.

Currently Bush has 166 "solid" + 99 "leaning" = 265 electoral votes. If he wins any ONE of the four "tossup" states (slight lead in PA and NV now), Bush gets four more years.

Also, NJ (15 EV) is not "solid" for Kerry--he only leads by 4 points. RNC in NYC plus reverse coattails from McGreevey, could be an ouside chance for Bush.

I agree with others that it's not over yet, but this might give some ideas of where to run SBVT ads!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is impossible to win with these people. You can never, ever win. Leftists are suffering severe, non-treatable mental disorders. Not even medication would help, unless they had a full-blown psychotic or manic episode, and even then it will not change the personality characteristics and consequent behavior. I'm glad I'm retired.
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Bush ahead +5% ... in New Jersey !! Reply with quote

Looks like the Dems problems there are piling up after Gov. McGreevy's confessions..

http://www.surveyusa.com/2004_Elections/NJ040915president.pdf

now if this is not a bombshell I don't know what it is..

enjoy !
MAXX (from Austria)
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kool-Aide logic here, but seems to have substance:

John Elway introduced George Bush here in Colorado.
Everybody thinks this got Bush some swing votes.
Rolling Eyes Shocked

Elway is a god here to some people, and has considered running for office.

Re-check the polls in 10 days, to see if there's anything to this.
Maggie1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dems are worried here in New Mexico. They have filed suit to keep Nader off the ballot. Then I was polled twice today by two different telephone polls.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: NJ Poll Reply with quote

Bush leads in NEW JERSEY !!! WOW!!!

This could be fallout from the McGreevey resignation, or maybe it was a GOOD idea to have the RNC in New York.

Lots of New Jersey people work in New York City, and might be worried about terrorism after 9/11.

After watching Torricelli and McGreevey, I thought that the state where I was born was going down the tubes...maybe there's still hope!
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Nice to see Reply with quote

Quote:
Speaking of the Kool-Aid-addicted Susan Estrich, did anyone else see her on Dayside wondering out loud how the bloggers knew the CBS documents were forged less than an hour after the 60 Minutes II story aired?

How reassuring it is to see Suzie Koolaid not realize that "less than an hour" is a reallllllllllllllly long time here in cyberspace.

And duh, maybe if the forgeries were just a little skillful, it would have been "less than an hour and a half".

Clueless in Donkdom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: