SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From 1971 Newspaper The Sunday Star

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: From 1971 Newspaper The Sunday Star Reply with quote

The Sunday Star (Washington) Dated June 6 1971 found in the FBI files from wintersoldier.com, the file on the site is “Sub A Section 01 (August 1970 / July 1973, 130 pages, press clippings, 7.79 MB”. You can find it on page 77 in the PDF.

Quote:
Kerry, after graduating from yale University, enlisted in the U.S. Navy and volunteered for duty aboard one of the gun boats used to patrol the waterways of Vietnam.

“We established [can’t read] American presence in most cases by showing the flag and firing at sampans and villages along the banks.” said Kerry. “those were our instructions, but they seemed so out of line that we finally began to go ashore, against our orders, and investigate the villages that were supposed to be our targets. We discovered we were butchering a lot of innocent people, and morale became so low among the officers on those ‘swift boats’ that we were called back to Saigon for special instructions from Gen. Abrams. He told us we were doing the right thing. He said our efforts would help win the was in the long run. That’s when I realized I could never remain silent about the realities of the war in Vietnam.”

If you want to read all the newspaper articals, you might want to wait a hour or so after eating before you read them.

update:

Page 124
Arkansas Gazette, Little Rock, Ark, dated 3-17-71 AM edition

Quote:
Kerry says Nixon asministration was continuing to give men sent to Vietnam “a chance to die for the biggest nothing in history”

Also

Quote:
Kerry said that about 23 percent of the vet[ ] who had returned from Vietnam were unemployed. While 60 to 80 percent of them had become drug addicts.

In almost every artical I read that says anything about kerry it always states his medals, if he wasn't proud of them, why is it all over that he has them? I don't know could it be, oh...Political
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: