SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simply turn off CBS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpilch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Simply turn off CBS Reply with quote

It's really quite simple. Ignore the media outlet that is ignoring the Swiftee story and insteading airing forged documents to talk about a missed physical. Change the channel and watch Homer, he does more due diligence on his opinions...

CBS CONCERN OVER VIEWERSHIP PLUNGE; RATHER RATINGS FADE IN MAJOR MARKETS

CBS executives on both coasts have become concerned in recent days that Dan Rather's EVENING NEWS broadcast has plunged in the ratings since the anchor presented questionable documents about Bush's National Guard service.

NIELSEN numbers released this week show Rather fading and trailing his rivals in every Top 10 city, other than San Francisco, with audience margins in some cities running more than 6 to 1 against CBS!

Executives fear many voters inclined to vote for Bush are now switching off Rather.

"The audience appears to [be] polarized," a top CBS source said from LOS ANGELES on Thursday. "Rightly or wrongly, we're being perceived as 'anti-Bush,' which I do not think is fair to Dan, who is a fine journalist... of course we do not like to see the ratings coming back the way they are this week."

In Philadelphia, the nation's #4 market, Rather pulled a 2.6 rating/5 share on Tuesday night against ABC's 13.3 rating/23 share and NBC's 4.0/7.

In Chicago, Rather hit a 2.3/5 to ABC's 9.2/20.

CBS trailed ABC by more than 2 to 1 in Los Angeles.

And in the nation's top market, New York, Rather finished not only behind NBC NIGHTLY NEWS and ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT -- but also pulled less audience than reruns of the SIMPSONS, WILL & GRACE and KING OF QUEENS.

Rather finished dead last in New York during the 6:30 pm timeslot among all broadcast channels tracked by NIELSEN on Tuesday.
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are half way on the ball, you stopped watching CBS after you read Bernie Goldberg's Bias.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emailed this to CBS:

I would have been okay if you had acknowledged that you had made a mistake and were duped. Let's not mince words, clearly, that is what happened. As a result of your arrogance I will not allow CBS to be viewed in my home. All shows are to be off limits. I will explain to the five members of my family why I feel so strongly. Character does matter and CBS does not have any.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenJax,
Excellent letter. I sent a simular one to the local CBS afiliat(sp?) last night. Basically it said that until CBS and Dan Rather recant the Guard story and apologize to the American People I will not watch there channel.

It will be interesting to see if some of the Prime time shows do this year.
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: CBS Reply with quote

I really like the CSI shows; however, as of last night all, I say again, ALL CBS programming is blocked in the Tucker household!
Sincerely,
Navyolsalt
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't do it! Danny Boy is number one viewing in our house now! Love to watch him squirm! It like surreal!! Besides, we can't miss Survivor and Jeopardy! Rather is just a little puke, who'll fade away someday, we just need to make sure John Fn Dink-Lover Kerry doesn't make it to 1600....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: