SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MOVEON.ORG AD SHOWS U.S. SOLDIER IN 'SURRENDER' POSITION
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: NEW MOVEON.ORG AD SHOWS U.S. SOLDIER IN 'SURRENDER' POSITION Reply with quote

Here they go again.

http://www.drudgereport.com/moveon.htm

NARRATOR: "George Bush misled us into war with Iraq, sending poorly equipped soldiers into battle. He said 'Mission Accomplished,' yet almost every day more soldiers die."

CHYRON: "Over 1,000 U.S. Soldiers Killed"

NARRATOR: "Going it alone, George Bush has spent $150 billion dollars, money we need for schools and health care."

CHYRON: "$150 Billion"

NARRATOR: "Now, facing a growing insurgency, he has no real plan to end the war. George Bush got us into this quagmire. It will take a new president to get us out. MoveOn PAC is responsible for the content of this advertisement."

CHYRON: "Quagmire;" MoveOn PAC Disclaimer

Developing...
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money we need for schools? Hmm. Putin stuck his head in his @$$ when we asked him to join us in fighting terror. So, how are things going in the Russian schools? Would 150 billion dollars bring back the dead kids in Beslan? No? Then I guess we will have to continue to spend the money to fight terrorism abroad, because it is real hard to memorize your times tables with an AK-47 pointed at your head.

Okay, well, moveon.pork is over the line. I have a son in Iraq. He graduated from West Point with honors. Is he poorly trained and poorly equipped?

Meantime, Arab leaders are writing editorials (for the less than 5% of their population that are literate) praising Kerry and calling for Bush's defeat. The current wave of terrorist stupidity in Iraq and Afghanistan is as much about OUR election as it is about theirs, make no mistake.

Bumper sticker my daughter and her friends had made and mailed to my son: TERRORISTS FOR KERRY

One of the guys thought it was hilarious and put it on one of the Humvees, another guy took a pic before my son took it off-- before they all got court martialed, Abu Ghraib style.

Their dad (former Navy) gave them all a lecture.

WE have to be politically correct, THEY can be slime merchants.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope President Bush doesn't say one word of plans for anything to moveon.org or Kerry and his campaign. They are all threats to national security given they are enemies of the state.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moveon and the like love to adopt soldiers as victims. I just don't see this as truly understanding America's fighting men and women. Moveon is not going to win any votes with this.
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that ad and I am livid! My nephew is about to be deployed over there..again. I wish I knew who I could send off a batch of emails to and voice my opinion. Any ideas?
God Bless America,
Greenvale
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the source of that photo. Anybody know? I am not putting anything past anyone.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those folks at Moveon.org are a bunch of .@#$$$! Nothing ticks me off more than when they start with the Military references. I would venture a guess and say that a very small minority of those people ever saw Service or ever gave our Military a thought other than when they needed someone to blame for a supposed lack of "Social Programs"!!
What they totaly ignore is that even with the War, spending has increased for education, healthcare, etc... They are like spoiled little kids who do not understand that mom and dad have to take care of other things before they can get that "new toy every other kid has" (and most of the time that "toy" is a piece of junk that cost too much, breaks as soon as yo buy it and costs more to fix thatn it did to buy.)
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet that there would be plenty of money for education if the
Department of Education was disestablished and everyone in it
given pink slips. Then they could gut the state Departments and
get enough money back to the countys and local boards to get
the job done.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Dems depicting a US soldier surrendering will backfire. America will say " that's our guy dumbass, come up with another angle but don't do it using a defeated US soldier".
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"George Bush misled us into war with Iraq, sending poorly equipped soldiers into battle. He said 'Mission Accomplished,' yet almost every day more soldiers die."

Geeze. Soldiers today have the neatest *stuff*. When I was young and in uniform, my MOP gear was an M-19 gas mask. My weapons were an M-97 shotgun (as in 1897!) and a M1911A1 .45 (as in 1911). I had an M-60 in the armory, but I never needed to use it other than on the range. And my 182 gear, which was mostly WWII marked. My jeep was a Willy's M-151, Korean War vintage.

My optical targeting system was what I was born with, either side of my nose. My helmet was steel and doubled as a wash basin for shaving.

Not that I'm denying that soldiers today need body armor, kevlar, ballistic nylon LBE, 4th generation night vision, pulse laser telescopic sights, GPS laptops and cell phones, but to say they are "poorly equipped" is simply BS.

As long as a US soldier has his mind and a mission, he's the most feared and respected fighter in the world. And yes, soldiers die. That's the price for keeping our freedom, our liberty, protecting our families and the country we love.

And nothing MoveOn says can take that away. And it's nothing they will ever understand.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted my Representative as soon as I saw it! This is WRONG and will be used to the BARBARIAN's advantage, you can be your boots on that!!!

BTW, while on his site I found that the "immigration vote" on the 15th went down in flames. Yup, let those ILLEGALS circumvent the Constitution yet again. Thought the House was Repub controlled?

Knocking my head against the wall.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MoveON.org piece talks about US soldiers not having the equipment to fight and defend themselves properly. It says nothing about the fact that Kerry voted against the funding needed for their equipment and body armor.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost of the war is stated as 150 billion (some estimates are 200 billion). We've got about 150,000 soldiers with boots on the ground in country. That's 1,000,000 dollars PER soldier in equipment, support, and logisitics.

I'm sure there's some hysterisis losses along the way, but it's not like the money isn't there. Mostly, I think it's a matter of supply and attrition. It costs money and takes time to get an army properly fielded.

And it doesn't help that their mission has been FAR expanded beyond the normal ROC/POE of breaking things and killing people.

But reasoning with idiots requires that you parse your argumentation to their level of understanding and comprehension. And that's always a losing proposition.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I am talking about..how disgraceful..I agree with a previous poster..Bush says nothing..however, trust me..those voters that Kerry is trying to reach will either applaud it, or be so disgusted, that they do not vote, or vote for Bush.

The disgust, treasonous activities that are taking place on the left on behalf of Kerry and yes, I will say it, IMO, Kerry himself..make me sick to my stomach. I can not believe what I saw. This is a new low..and this is why Kerry, the Dems, the Libs, will never understand what America really means..they are liars..ungrateful, pigs..sorry, I am so upset by this..

Dad just told me that this something that he believes Kerry would run back in 71...sounds right to me, and that is the problem. I hope he has nightmares about it, and is guilt ridden forever over this garbage...

SHAME on them...sorry, for venting..I am sickened...

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo image from the ad:

How can we keep those Vietnam era, peacenik, anti-American, hippie-dippies away from our soldiers???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: